Pulsar

The Top 100 Pro Halo Players of All Time

:huh:

"the ogre dominance in h1 continued well into halo 3’s lifespan"

the ogres dominance, in the game of halo ce, continued in the game of halo ce, while they were also playing halo 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

lol of course, but no one was playing CE by then.  if the top 100 players in H2/H3 had taken CE seriously I doubt that the old school players (including the Ogres) would necessarily still be on top. 

for example, as of 2018, I get that Patch and Legend are amazing, but we really have no clue how they would stack up against Halo pros ... it's the equivalent of Gab and Fantasy being the best H3 players as of last month

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol of course, but no one was playing CE by then. if the top 100 players in H2/H3 had taken CE seriously I doubt that the old school players (including the Ogres) would necessarily still be on top.

for example, as of 2018, I get that Patch and Legend are amazing, but we really have no clue how they would stack up against Halo pros ... it's the equivalent of Gab and Fantasy being the best H3 players as of last month

It's too hard to compare. CE allows individual skill to shine to a degree that just isn't present in the other Halos. If I were to say, I'd definitely think it'd be easier for CE pros to go pro in H2/H3 than vice versa. CE's skill gap is on another level.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol of course, but no one was playing CE by then. if the top 100 players in H2/H3 had taken CE seriously I doubt that the old school players (including the Ogres) would necessarily still be on top.

i just dont think so. Patch/legend werent the best in ce’s prime (tho i say prime lightly as beachlan 7 is nothing to scoff at) but while everyone playing ce now is better than 2004, the ogres were still the best in 2009 when the meta progressed further. Ogre 1 stopped playing and ogre 2 is still considered by the top to be on top. Im not worried about halo pros potentially being better at the ogres in ce, id rather put my money on someone outside of halo for that. You have ryanoob who said give it two months and the pros of h4 or h2a would be the best people at ce but hes actually started to play ce more and its long been past 2months and he’s still mcdick’s practice noob.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's too hard to compare. CE allows individual skill to shine to a degree that just isn't present in the other Halos. If I were to say, I'd definitely think it'd be easier for CE pros to go pro in H2/H3 than vice versa. CE's skill gap is on another level.

but that's the thing, we just don't know which H3 pros would actually be good at CE, given H3's narrowed skill gap.  it flattens out everyone's skill, including the skill of H3 kids. 

in all seriousness, Formal or Shotzzy might have been the greatest CE players of all time if they'd been born a decade earlier, we just don't know ... 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i just dont think so. Patch/legend werent the best in ce’s prime (tho i say prime lightly as beachlan 7 is nothing to scoff at) but while everyone playing ce now is better than 2004, the ogres were still the best in 2009 when the meta progressed further. Ogre 1 stopped playing and ogre 2 is still considered by the top to be on top. Im not worried about halo pros potentially being better at the ogres in ce, id rather put my money on someone outside of halo for that. You have ryanoob who said give it two months and the pros of h4 or h2a would be the best people at ce but hes actually started to play ce more and its long been past 2months and he’s still mcdick’s practice noob.

I think this may be something we'll never really get an answer for. Not only do most of the people who may be that good have virtually zero incentive to play CE they also don't have a way to grind or practice outside of going to LANs. The biggest obstacle for those guys is simply playing enough to catch up and there is no good way to do that over a short period of time. CE is unlike every other game in that aspect if you're decades behind in starting to play you've got a pretty unique problem in just figuring out how to consistently start playing

• Upvote (+1) 2

Strangepurp was good but u have 2pac ranked waaaaay to low, killer n too low....ogre 1 is the best halo player of all time, better than ogre 2 in halo 1 and 2, if u want to say ogre 2 is better because he played longer, I can get on board with that

• Downvote (-1) 2

Strangepurp was good but u have 2pac ranked waaaaay to low, killer n too low....ogre 1 is the best halo player of all time, better than ogre 2 in halo 1 and 2, if u want to say ogre 2 is better because he played longer, I can get on board with that

Player choice awards would beg to differ about 1gre being better than 2gre at H2. Maybe earlier on, but definitely not in 07 and probably most of 06 too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ogre 2 almost always placed higher in H2 FFA/1v1 than Ogre 1 did. As far as CE 1v1 is concerned, there was Zyos and then everybody else. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You have ryanoob who said give it two months and the pros of h4 or h2a would be the best people at ce but hes actually started to play ce more and its long been past 2months and he’s still mcdick’s practice noob.

Who would've thought that a game that aims for you and has almost zero meta would poorly prepare you for a game like CE. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Been at least a few years since I've watched '05 VoDs, but I remember thinking that in '05 Ogre 1 was a better 4v4 H2 player than Ogre 2 but by '07 Ogre 2 was better.

Concerning CE 1v1, I've asked Walshy about who was the best on his stream and he said that at different points of time Zyos, himself, and Ogre 2 were the best at 1v1s.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can add to this later but I believe Legend did not really play halo 2 and was a MLG ref instead. Then at the very first halo 3 tournament he gets 2nd place. Maybe other top halo 1 guys have less clout but Legend at the least breaks that stigma.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been at least a few years since I've watched '05 VoDs, but I remember thinking that in '05 Ogre 1 was a better 4v4 H2 player than Ogre 2 but by '07 Ogre 2 was better.

Concerning CE 1v1, I've asked Walshy about who was the best on his stream and he said that at different points of time Zyos, himself, and Ogre 2 were the best at 1v1s.

Didn’t want to respond to the Zyos being on another level post cause my memory is shit but this is more the way I remember it.

Didn’t want to respond to the Zyos being on another level post cause my memory is shit but this is more the way I remember it.

I should prob check the tournament results but I was always under the impression that zyos was a step ahead of the rest in 1v1 gameplay in general. He's the original nerd. From what I remember zyos could nade down the power ups on wizard but Walshy could do it from more places and while on the move.

I do know though that the majority of the players who played back then unfortunately prefer 4's to 2's.

When I talked to zyos I told him about beach LAN and he thought it was awesome but said he wouldnt be interested unless it was 4's

• Upvote (+1) 1

I should prob check the tournament results but I was always under the impression that zyos was a step ahead of the rest in 1v1 gameplay in general. He's the original nerd. From what I remember zyos could nade down the power ups on wizard but Walshy could do it from more places and while on the move.

I do know though that the majority of the players who played back then unfortunately prefer 4's to 2's.

When I talked to zyos I told him about beach LAN and he thought it was awesome but said he wouldnt be interested unless it was 4's

Walshy was a “clown” until he shocked the world and won the 1v1 at that AGP by nading down the powerups on wizard for the first time. Legendary

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can add to this later but I believe Legend did not really play halo 2 and was a MLG ref instead. Then at the very first halo 3 tournament he gets 2nd place. Maybe other top halo 1 guys have less clout but Legend at the least breaks that stigma.

He was top 16 FFA and top 16 4v4 in Halo2. He also did well at AGP and placed top 6 in Halo1.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why are we pretending that h2 matters as much as h1 when the h1 skill curve is so much higher?  The list has the ogres and walshy and they it jumps to h2 players?   

Um...no.   I get it that some are triggered because they never got to experience the h1 pro scene and entered during h2,  but lets not kid ourselves.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

On 12/17/2018 at 9:24 PM, WARGOD said:

Why are we pretending that h2 matters as much as h1 when the h1 skill curve is so much higher?  The list has the ogres and walshy and they it jumps to h2 players?   

Um...no.   I get it that some are triggered because they never got to experience the h1 pro scene and entered during h2,  but lets not kid ourselves.  

Not that I necessarily disagree, but I have one question:

In what physical state is that horse in that you keep beating? Is it dust yet?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

While I appreciate the sentiment that Wargod presents, the fact that so few people played H1 competitively compared to any game after it is a huge point of consideration. And this is coming from an H1 guy to the core.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hard Way said:

While I appreciate the sentiment that Wargod presents, the fact that so few people played H1 competitively compared to any game after it is a huge point of consideration. And this is coming from an H1 guy to the core.

Also understanding of the skill required in H1.. the playing field changes dramatically after XBL compatibility, theatre mode & VoD library from MLG.

Wins from 2006 - 2010 should be highest weight.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On 12/1/2018 at 7:55 PM, Pulsar said:

Lethul is by far the most successful Halo player of the last four years. He has twice turned contenders into dynasties. 

Frosty is the MVP of a team who's dominance in Halo 5 has rivaled Final Boss's dominance in Halo 2. 

Naded hasn't won an event.

Enable could be higher I'll give you that, he was a hell of a player in Reach and Halo 4, Halo 3 for that matter too, but I give an edge to the players above him for various reasons.

don't forget I have won some FFA majors, so you would say, hasn't been on a winning 4v4 team or never placed 1st in a major 4v4 event