F U N Z B O B

Travel .

I love traveling and I do it as often as I can, I would love to hear some stories from you or anything travel related.

I'll start with a list of places I've been in the last few years.

Greece.

Athens

Santorini

France.

Paris

Italy.

Venice

Cinque terre

Rome x2

Pompeii

Napels

Indonesia.

Bail

Egypt.

Cairo

Giza

Luxor

United kingdom.

London

Wiltshire

Mexico.

Playa del Carmen

Tulum

Yucatan Peninsula

Iceland.

Reykjavik

Netherlands.

Amsterdam

Spain.

Barcelona

China.

Beijing

Xi'an

Guangzhou

Shanghai

Zhangjiajie (Hunan Province)

Japan.

Tokyo

Cambodia.

Phnom Penh

Siem Reap

Tonle sap

Thailand

Phuket

Korea.

Soul

Peru.

Lima

Cusco

Huacachina

Aguas Calientes

Vinicunca

And just booked my next trip.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Well first of all, congrats. That's an incredible list. I'll have a lot of questions but I'll start off small and offer some of my own travel list.

How have you dealt with language barriers? Do you learn the language a fair amount before going, specifically look for other travelers in hostels or something and have them show you the ropes, just wing it?

Also I'm curious looking at your list, what brought you to Rome a second time when every other place you seem to hit once?

The most interesting place I went to recently was China, I went earlier this year. I have a friend who went there to study medicine so he showed me around and I never really had to be concerned with a language barrier. I kind of wish I did more exploring on my own though, the stuff I saw was cool but my friend took me to a lot of Arab hangout spots which were cool to see, but don't necessarily reflect the spots an everyday Chinese person may visit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How have you dealt with language barriers? Do you learn the language a fair amount before going, specifically look for other travelers in hostels or something and have them show you the ropes, just wing it?

Also I'm curious looking at your list, what brought you to Rome a second time when every other place you seem to hit once?

The most interesting place I went to recently was China.

1. I honestly try and learn a little bit of each language before I go some are more useful than others, I didn't need it in Bali at all, China was a different story.

2. Rome the second time was because I was being paid as a tour guide to take some first time travels around to different places and show them the sites and keep them same and feeling comfortable. (First time I'd done that)

3. I totally forget I went to China so I updated the list and added in the cities.

That certainly is an impressive list. Can I ask where you live and how you can afford so many trips?

I recently went on a cross country USA road trip. That was really nice.

Gonna try to do something next year. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. I honestly try and learn a little bit of each language before I go some are more useful than others, I didn't need it in Bali at all, China was a different story.

2. Rome the second time was because I was being paid as a tour guide to take some first time travels around to different places and show them the sites and keep them same and feeling comfortable. (First time I'd done that)

3. I totally forget I went to China so I updated the list and added in the cities.

1. Awesome, I appreciate the response.

2. That's really cool. If you're being hired as a tour guide I take it you know how to find cool stuff. What type of things do you like doing when you travel? Big cities, small towns, art museums, food, whatever?

3. Wow, we only have on city in common in China that we visited. I did Shanghai, Hangzhou, Ningbo, and Hong Kong. Only a few days in each though, Hong Kong was just by myself for like a day and a half, but that's the only city I really wish I saw more of, or maybe it's because that was the only city I was by myself for and I found it fun exploring a city on my own.

That certainly is an impressive list. Can I ask where you live and how you can afford so many trips?

I recently went on a cross country USA road trip. That was really nice.

Gonna try to do something next year. 

Thanks, after I wrote everything down and looked at it I was a little surprised.

I live in the top part of Cali and I have a decent job so that helps with the money part.

And even a road trip is a great start if it brings you joy it's always worth it.

Thanks, after I wrote everything down and looked at it I was a little surprised.

I live in the top part of Cali and I have a decent job so that helps with the money part.

And even a road trip is a great start if it brings you joy it's always worth it.

Yeah I mean i figured I'd explore my own country first before going too far. I really haven't been to many other countries. 

Canada, Dominican Republic, went on a Caribbean cruise, and Israel.

I'd like to go on a longer trip somewhere for at least a month

I'm subscribed to an email list that sends out cheap flight deals (called Scott's Cheap Flights). Its pretty neat. There's a free version and a paid one that just has some more deals. 

On 12/1/2018 at 1:58 AM, F U N Z B O B said:

I love traveling and I do it as often as I can, I would love to hear some stories from you or anything travel related.

I'll start with a list of places I've been in the last few years.

Greece.

Athens

Santorini

France.

Paris

Italy.

Venice

Cinque terre

Rome x2

Pompeii

Napels

Indonesia.

Bail

Egypt.

Cairo

Giza

Luxor

United kingdom.

London

Wiltshire

Mexico.

Playa del Carmen

Tulum

Yucatan Peninsula

Iceland.

Reykjavik

Netherlands.

Amsterdam

Spain.

Barcelona

China.

Beijing

Xi'an

Guangzhou

Shanghai

Zhangjiajie (Hunan Province)

And my next trip is already booked and I'm ready I'll be spending January traveling Japan Cambodia Thailand and Korea.

Also booking one for Peru so I can see Machu Picchu in the coming months.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

cool list!

Forgot i made this here apparently not that many people travel in this community.

Since my last post I can add 

Japan

Cambodia

Thailand and South Korea 

And I just got back from Peru and it was amazing.

Plus already booked my next trip for September

I'll be visiting Germany for a short stay and  Jordan to see Petra, Egypt for a second time but this time I'll be traveling almost all of it, and on the way out I have a short stop in Switzerland.

❤️

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll go anywhere close and cheap that has good waves. I've been to Costa Rica twice and Puerto Rico once. I'm in love with Costa Rica. I want to retire there.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/24/2019 at 1:29 AM, F U N Z B O B said:

Forgot i made this here apparently nobody people travel in this community.

Certainly not as much as you lol but in the coming years I'm gonna try to do some more. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/17/2019 at 3:48 PM, pharmassists said:

I'll go anywhere close and cheap that has good waves. I've been to Costa Rica twice and Puerto Rico once. I'm in love with Costa Rica. I want to retire there.

coast Rica is on my list for 2020 as everyone says great things  about it, not sure what I can explore while visiting but I'm sure ill find something 

1 hour ago, F U N Z B O B said:

coast Rica is on my list for 2020 as everyone says great things  about it, not sure what I can explore while visiting but I'm sure ill find something 

They have live volcanos, mountains, and wild macaws everywhere. Outstanding fishing too. The rainforest has all the wildlife you can handle if that's what you're into. It's also 82 degrees year round so you can go whenever you want.