CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2021 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Silos said:

Predictions and/or hopes for the settings?

I think BR starts, maybe sidekick secondary, and no radar. Then standard two frags and no equipment.

Gametypes would be strongholds, flag, and slayer for sure. Wouldn't surprise me if there was one or two other gametypes thrown in.

Bazaar is a bomb map and nothing else.

I fully expect it to be on the list as Slayer and CTF only.

The TtK advantage of the Commando is hard to ignore, even with its potential bloom. I feel the BR is far to easy, and far too slow. I hope for Commando starts so we could have a significant TtK improvement for the first time in what? Going on 20 years?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Tyco said:

The TtK advantage of the Commando is hard to ignore, even with its potential bloom. I feel the BR is far to easy, and far too slow. I hope for Commando starts so we could have a significant TtK improvement for the first time in what? Going on 20 years?

Hard disagree as long as bloom is still a thing, and removing it would definitely make the commando too easy.  BRs might be "boring" to a lot of people, but currently I think they're the only option because IIRC they're the only precision weapon that doesn't have crazy bloom for some god-forsaken reason.  

Side note, the thumbnail for the settings vid is teasing BR starts with no radar, and that strongholds on Recharge will be a gametype.  Can't wait to find out the nitty-gritty tomorrow. 

Hoping powerups are buffed. At least OS. I'd be happy if they just auto activated rather than being pocketed to compensate for a buff. But I admit: unlikely.

Hoping for better pickup placement (ie more power weapons) too. If recharge is still a powerup and hammer for major pickups, I'm going to lol.

13 hours ago, Silos said:

Predictions and/or hopes for the settings?

I think BR starts, maybe sidekick secondary, and no radar. Then standard two frags and no equipment.

Gametypes would be strongholds, flag, and slayer for sure. Wouldn't surprise me if there was one or two other gametypes thrown in.

Oddball will almost certainly make it in.  If we could get some half-decent neutral bomb settings I think that'd be good too.

15 hours ago, The Tyco said:

the h2 br, h3 br, hr dmr and h4 br all have ttk of ~1.5. The h5 pistol had a TTK of 1.2 seconds so we already have an improvement.

The h6 br being 1.5s again is worrying tho. 

the commando is not the answer. it's an rng weapon. 

Hopefully there's some alt pistol that wasn't in the beta as the starting wep. a no bloom sidekick would be better than the h6 br though still not great. A h5 pistol with a bigger mag would be sufficient. 

Strongholds change: you stop scoring once the other team starts capturing your zone; you have to reset the zone to continue scoring. I actually really like this change, I think it forces more movement by the team in control as opposed to just grenade spamming or long-range shots to keep people out of the zone.

Overall I think the settings are pretty solid.  Definitely wary about equipment, but as long as they're willing to make changes if something becomes game-breaking then I think we'll be good.  

• Like (+1) 2

No Radar, and No Sprint?:weback:

Actually excited to play Halo again.

Edit: Not no sprint. I mean Br starts lol

1 hour ago, FLuFFy said:

No Radar, and No Sprint?:weback:

Actually excited to play Halo again.

Where did you get the idea it was no sprint?

Welcome back to reality, which is often disappointing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Mow said:

Where did you get the idea it was no sprint?

Welcome back to reality, which is often disappointing.

Oh my god lol. It's been such a long day at work. I didn't even notice I said that. I meant BR starts LOL. I'm going to bed now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FLuFFy said:

Oh my god lol. It's been such a long day at work. I didn't even notice I said that. I meant BR starts LOL. I'm going to bed now.

Ah no biggie. I WISH it was no sprint tho :simms: