CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2021 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Blackeyed Blond said:

The gap between Ogre 2 and whoever is the second greatest all time (I would argue Pistola) is so far greater than the gap between second and tenth. Even a dominating run through Infinite by Lethul/Snakebite would not put them in ahead in my opinion. The gap is much bigger than modern pro players recognize.

I also think there's something to be said about being around to shape the game, and then continuing to dominate as everyone else learns. Like Ogre 2 helped shape the game and then continued to win once others learned from him. Now there's an argument for "That means nobody else can become the GOAT" in which case I'd say... Yeah, that's about right.

It kind of sucks in a sense if you're a new player coming up. But hey if it bothers you that much then pick a newer game to become a god at.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, iCUBANEX said:

What did he said? 

I'm not a scribe go look it up yourself if you want it verbatim 

• Salt (-1) 1

10 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

It got #1 right so all is forgiven for now.

number 1 or just 1 KEK

16 hours ago, TheSimms said:

How's everyone been coping with the Top 25 :salt:

I'm more salty over the fact Goldenboy got to be one of the judges and you didn't :mj:

On 9/26/2021 at 2:59 AM, TheSimms said:

number 1 or just 1 KEK

This comment hurts more than it should :salt:

• Salt (-1) 1

:weback:

Seriously, everything looks great.  A solid prize pool in a good location, and an FFA side-event.  

Unfortunate timing with the holidays, but I can imagine they wanted to make sure they had an event some time this year so it is what it is.

Also, w/r/t crowdfunding...

• WutFace (+0) 1

I think the team code idea is really cool. You can use "ENVY" or "FAZE" or whatever as a discount code that also kicks some commission to the organization. There's really no reason not to put your favorite team in there and it encourages teams to try and build a Halo fanbase.

One thing that concerns me about this tournament announcement, with regards to Halo Infinite not having red reticules on PC as an "anticheat deterrent"...

(Quoted tweet is screen cap from July's announcement than Open Bracket = XBox, Champ/Pool = PC)

Players in Open Bracket are playing a game that aims fundamentally different than players in Champ bracket -- if you're a Console Controller player and you go to Champ/Pools and are still using a controller, the amount of aim assist you get drastically drops and you're left high and dry to adapt on the fly.

• Thonking (+0) 1

32 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

One thing that concerns me about this tournament announcement, with regards to Halo Infinite not having red reticules on PC as an "anticheat deterrent"...

(Quoted tweet is screen cap from July's announcement than Open Bracket = XBox, Champ/Pool = PC)

<Snipped tweet>

Players in Open Bracket are playing a game that aims fundamentally different than players in Champ bracket -- if you're a Console Controller player and you go to Champ/Pools and are still using a controller, the amount of aim assist you get drastically drops and you're left high and dry to adapt on the fly.

I thought that red reticule was removed purely from a visual standpoint? Like yeah aiming is still different since you don't get a visual cue of being on target or visual cue of aim assist being engaged, but isn't the aim assist still the same?

Don't get me wrong, I can agree the setups should be consistent throughout the whole tournament. I'm mainly wondering if there was less aim assist on PC.

1 hour ago, Silos said:

I thought that red reticule was removed purely from a visual standpoint? Like yeah aiming is still different since you don't get a visual cue of being on target or visual cue of aim assist being engaged, but isn't the aim assist still the same?

Correct, they confirmed that on Twitter. 

I wonder how many teams they're expecting.

Or rather, I wonder how many teams they're expecting three or four events down the line.

Oh snap, it's in my backyard. guess I'll show up and take top 16. maybe top 6 since it's so new lul.

edit: actually since it's so early the settings will be whack. if it's these shitty pistol starts i aint showing up

@Knighty Knightyou can come lan at jownz if u still have the energy. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Does anyone know if there is a list of team's rosters so far? I want to choose the 10% discount/payout to team based on the players instead of the brand, but I haven't kept up since the H2A days.

Also I lived in Raleigh for 4 years - if anyone needs tips for food or things in the city, feel free to ask

16 minutes ago, Ziethen said:

Does anyone know if there is a list of team's rosters so far? I want to choose the 10% discount/payout to team based on the players instead of the brand, but I haven't kept up since the H2A days.

Also I lived in Raleigh for 4 years - if anyone needs tips for food or things in the city, feel free to ask

Here's a handful of the rosters.  https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-infinite-esports-ecosystem-august

Some of them haven't announced yet, and SSG has since signed Ace.  

22 minutes ago, Ziethen said:

The Partnered Teams section on the wiki seems to have updated rosters that benefit from the discount code.

Halo Championship Series 2022 Season - Halo Esports Wiki (fandom.com)

15 hours ago, Riddler said:

Oh snap, it's in my backyard. guess I'll show up and take top 16. maybe top 6 since it's so new lul.

edit: actually since it's so early the settings will be whack. if it's these shitty pistol starts i aint showing up

@Knighty Knightyou can come lan at jownz if u still have the energy. 

Ill be there a week early and a week later. Let's party

Why is everyone forgetting that red reticle means that you have hitscan. When you don't have red reticle means you are out hitscan range. 

So now you have to gauge at what range you have hitscan 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Ill be there a week early and a week later. Let's party

Same! Hope we can have a good Beyond showing there.

Predictions and/or hopes for the settings?

I think BR starts, maybe sidekick secondary, and no radar. Then standard two frags and no equipment.

Gametypes would be strongholds, flag, and slayer for sure. Wouldn't surprise me if there was one or two other gametypes thrown in.