CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2021 Discussion Thread

The answer is obvious. Fuck bloom in an capacity on precision weapons. The "sidekick" as its name implies is a throwaway weapon. It also has the H5 problem where like the DMR, the Commando is a clear cut upgrade to it in every sense of the word. The aiming and the AA range were arbitrarily trash as well, while being piss weak, spammy, and literally can't net more than one kill. It's a worse, more disappointing version of the Gunfighter, which I didn't "love", but would have been more tolerable than this CoD copy and paste peashooter.

There's also absolutely no guarantee that 343 won't pull the same shit they did in H5, and force the AR down our throats if it suits them. Then history will repeat itself, and this conversation would be moot anyway.

I'll reserve my judgement for the final product, but so far I'm not impressed by any of the weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sidekick is, imo, obviously a battle royale starting weapon as it was. That isn't something we could use as a competitive 4v4 starting utility weapon unless you want to see some really ugly gameplay even from the best players. Its simply too hard to use and unreliable from a distance so you'd either have people passing up putting down shots to just move around the map or you would control the BR spawns and dominate people from a distance not because you're better or that your gun does more damage but simply because only one of you has a gun that they can reliably aim from a distance and that'll be a gross feeling. Halo 5 had that problem in the first couple seasons with the rifles and that pistol had much more range than the Infinite sidekick does as well as not having bloom so Infinite would just be that same issue turned up to be even more annoying.

I think the BR was probably a little too easy during the flight as well but we need a utility weapon that can consistently be used and practiced so that skill is the reason you're hitting or missing most reasonable attempts at shooting someone rather than luck because you have to land consecutive shots rather than just a single well placed shot like a sniper rifle

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

I can't wait to see Snipedown drop 70-2 again 

• Hooked 1

20 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

:intel: Ya'll will want to tune in.

Final Boss (Halo team) - Wikipedia

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, TiberiusAudley said:
-snip-

On 8/12/2021 at 7:16 PM, Phade said:

:intel: Ya'll will want to tune in.

I'm kind of sad to see that it'll be another invite only type of exclusive tournament.  If they're gonna finally acknowledge Halo 2, then they should at least allow the competitive community that has actually been keeping the game alive to participate.  14 years of absolute neglect and this is what they think is a good idea?

31 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

I'm kind of sad to see that it'll be another invite only type of exclusive tournament.  If they're gonna finally acknowledge Halo 2, then they should at least allow the competitive community that has actually been keeping the game alive to participate.  14 years of absolute neglect and this is what they think is a good idea?

Well it's Twitch not 343i putting this on.

• Like (+1) 1

We can hopefully expect a release date next week at gamescom in other news. Maybe some campaign gameplay and flight details too

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one whose favorite team of the four is The Agency?

4 hours ago, Noodle said:

Probably.

Go Carbon.

Fuck Green room.

4 hours ago, Noodle said:

Nice like Rice

1 minute ago, Knighty Knight said:

Epic intro to what will be an epic event.

yo, that intro had me all nostalgic 

Not enjoyed watching halo this much in years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

God if I ever hear Halo people trash Ninja again... The man literally just put up an extra $100k of his own money for an H2 classic tourney in 2021.

Yeah he's always been giving CPR to this dead franchise. Kinda crazy he just laid down this money. What a guy. Really looking forwards to watching this even without the cash. I'm sure he pulled some strings with twitch rivals to make this happen too.

• Like (+1) 2

Much needed love for H2. This has been a blast to watch.

• Like (+1) 1