CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2021 Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

There's definitely some stuff that's making me nervous for competitive (like the AI that CAN CAPTURE FREAKING OBJECTIVES FOR YOU), but I'm going to refrain from using the pitchfork until we know what they're using/excluding for comp. 

The aesthetic is great, too.  Gonna be super interesting to see how it plays once we can finally get our damn hands on it. 

Where are you getting this from?

Edit: Never mind found it. It looks like if it captures objectives its not like a flag but maybe like a stronghold. Still dumb but whatever. 

14 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

like the AI that CAN CAPTURE FREAKING OBJECTIVES FOR YOU

I interpreted this a bit different than you. I thought they gave it as a lore reason why standing in a hill or stronghold captured it for you. Like it's a computer in a zone that's capturing it. So instead of AI Bill saying "capturing stronghold", you can switch out for AI Jane who will say "we're taking the point" in a different voice. Considering they mentioned the AI in the customization section and nowhere in general gameplay sections, I'm thinking it's just another cosmetic type thing.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Silos said:

I interpreted this a bit different than you. I thought they gave it as a lore reason why standing in a hill or stronghold captured it for you. Like it's a computer in a zone that's capturing it. So instead of AI Bill saying "capturing stronghold", you can switch out for AI Jane who will say "we're taking the point" in a different voice. Considering they mentioned the AI in the customization section and nowhere in general gameplay sections, I'm thinking it's just another cosmetic type thing.

I could see where you're coming from, but between the picture (below) and the text that says "they also *help* capture objectives, as pictured below," it feels like it's more of an independent thing.  Hopefully they cover this in the breakdown tomorrow though. 

haloinfinite_mp08_1120x630-e56b53bfb3fc42589421fb216b03bb4e.jpg

OK so this at least instills a bit of hope.  Hopefully this isn't like "we excluded one ability, have fun otherwise" but I don't think it will be.  Really hoping we get some more solid info on this soon.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Skor said:

wasnt early Nov the initial timeframe before the graphics backlash? it seems to be a fairly standard window for games that come out for holiday season

3 hours ago, Craneteam said:

wasnt early Nov the initial timeframe before the graphics backlash? it seems to be a fairly standard window for games that come out for holiday season

It was very likely going to be late October (like the last week) or early November to get it out before Black Friday.  Definitely nice to have a solid date it this holds up, but not exactly dropping and bombs in the shock department. 

The news today that you can hold onto and choose when to deploy OS though...

19 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

OK so this at least instills a bit of hope.  Hopefully this isn't like "we excluded one ability, have fun otherwise" but I don't think it will be.  Really hoping we get some more solid info on this soon.

Please don't let yourself get your hopes up bro. This reminds me when 343 released "competitive" settings for Halo 4, which in reality made almost zero difference whatsoever in any capacity. 

This is from over a year ago so IDK what ever happened with it or if it's still the plan, but I think we'll be in a better position than with H5 settings.

Also part of the point of doing equipment instead of base abilities is so that if it's broken it can be tweaked, fixed, and/or removed.

• Like (+1) 2

Can they release some damn 343i Pro Team gameplay

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@Trespa5s Cool animation @13 seconds.  The iconic Halo red vs blue.  Good thing that’s never going to change.  

• Fire (+1) 1

On 4/22/2021 at 12:30 PM, Hard Way said:

It being feature complete at launch, having new innovative features, being a beautiful looking game, a passable ranking system, an engaging XP system and being the continuation of the most popular series on the console was why it was popular. The gameplay had very little to do with it.

Reach had a lot of the same things going for it, but it’s gameplay wasn’t good enough to hold it up. H3’s was. Barely.

Halo 3 was successful beyond the hype.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, Morachip said:

This is from over a year ago so IDK what ever happened with it or if it's still the plan, but I think we'll be in a better position than with H5 settings.

Also part of the point of doing equipment instead of base abilities is so that if it's broken it can be tweaked, fixed, and/or removed.

Dude honestly I would do this for free or as close to it as they're comfortable with just to not see H5 again

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rdispushedback said:

Halo 3 was successful beyond the hype.

Point to the part of my post where I said it lived off its hype. Do you have severe reading comprehension problems?

• Like (+1) 1

I think the better question is; do we all not have enough self control to not respond to bait?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I think the better question is; do we all not have enough self control to not respond to bait?

I see somethings haven't changed lol

15 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

You right. He’s joined my hall of shame of ignored users. Quite the lineup of trash human beings on that list.

On 6/16/2021 at 6:41 PM, S0UL FLAME said:

Well you see responding to bait was all we had for 3 or 4 years so old habits die hard. 

4 hours ago, kidstandout said:

so besides sentinels, who are the teams formed going into infinite?

The two other “contender-level” teams so far are C9 (Renegade, Eco, Stellur, Penguin) and Envy (Saiyan, Tripppey, Pistola, APG). I haven’t heard of any other definite teams formed, I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes a few more months for things to settle. I could see KCP keeping their roster (Taulek, Druk, Soul Snipe, Manny) into Infinite as well but they’ve never really competed at a LAN or gotten sponsorships yet so hard to know.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/14/2021 at 10:53 PM, FeaR said:

Can they release some damn 343i Pro Team gameplay

343 knows their game sucks and is trolling the community.

• Downvote (-1) 3

6 hours ago, Commander Eagle said:

The two other “contender-level” teams so far are C9 (Renegade, Eco, Stellur, Penguin) and Envy (Saiyan, Tripppey, Pistola, APG). I haven’t heard of any other definite teams formed, I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes a few more months for things to settle. I could see KCP keeping their roster (Taulek, Druk, Soul Snipe, Manny) into Infinite as well but they’ve never really competed at a LAN or gotten sponsorships yet so hard to know.

Good to see some other names from h5. Is snipedown gonna come back or is apex going too good for him?