CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2021 Discussion Thread

Halo 5... better than halo 3... halo 3... bores me to death.... BRfest.... teamshot... Auto aim.... Takes very little skill.... Poorly designed.... Unplayable...

• Like (+1) 1

Can't...form...fully thought-out argument.
Need...more...buzzwords...

Better shut that brain down for a few hours and give it time to cool off.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:29 PM, Rdispushedback said:

A BR adds depth to the game.

Maps

Strategy

Mechanics

Aiming

Your arguments are one dimensional like Halo 4 and Halo 5.

Define the dimensions in which your four main points expand upon, provide examples with your reasoning.

You don't get the right to gatekeep a topic that you are trying really hard to promote discussion of, so if you are going to fall back on it again, provide tangible context as to why others simply cannot have a discussion and be educated by your perspective.

If you are capable of providing that much, I promise that everyone will see the light that you are graced by.

...or continue being a 🤡, either way I'm entertained.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 5/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, Jake Teh Nub said:

H3 is without a doubt the most boring Halo game to watch other people play

*in your opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Silos said:

:fire::fire::fire:

While neat, when was the last TB Halo event?

On 5/15/2021 at 8:51 PM, OG Nick said:

While neat, when was the last TB Halo event?

First since 2019, excited to be back :beyond:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 5/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, hvs500 said:

Halo 5...  teamshot... Auto aim.... Takes very little skill.... Poorly designed.... Unplayable...

ftfy. for a janky as the aim and spread was in h3, at least the sniper didnt grant headshots for just aiming close to the body, no hit markers, no heavy aim, etc

On 5/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, Craneteam said:

no heavy aim

Ya H3's aim acceleration was very smooth.

On 5/21/2021 at 6:44 PM, Aphex Twin said:

Ya H3's aim acceleration was very smooth.

A rare instance of consistently shit being better than inconsistently shit.

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/10/2021 at 11:34 PM, Jake Teh Nub said:

Partially true. Only when you're just watching random streams and online play. It can totally be a snoozefest. Much prefer to watch people stream CE or H2. Offline tournaments however, are a different story. Particularly from the MLG era. I still feel that it's arguably the best spectator Halo, even though it's only the 3rd best Halo game. 

To that point, anybody else had as much fun as I have re-watching all the old Halo tourneys with Elamite over the past couple of weeks? The Walshy and Mackeo guest portions were my favorite haha.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Landonio said:

Partially true. Only when you're just watching random streams and online play. It can totally be a snoozefest. Much prefer to watch people stream CE or H2. Offline tournaments however, are a different story. Particularly from the MLG era. I still feel that it's arguably the best spectator Halo, even though it's only the 3rd best Halo game. 

To that point, anybody else had as much fun as I have re-watching all the old Halo tourneys with Elamite over the past couple of weeks? The Walshy and Mackeo guest portions were my favorite haha.

It's been amazing. I loved when Elamite had Walshy and Pistola both on at the same time. I was in heaven

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't know that was happening, and I would have loved that. Is it on Youtube?

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/11/2021 at 12:34 AM, Jake Teh Nub said:

Someone's never watched a round of Penance Slayer.

Columbus 2012 was a hilarious experience.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Contra.. would like a word.

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Someone's never watched a round of Penance Slayer.

Columbus 2012 was a hilarious experience.

@Hard Way Not yet! I'll look through the VODs on Elamites channel and try to find the exact link.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Contra.. would like a word.

@Hard Way Not yet! I'll look through the VODs on Elamites channel and try to find the exact link.

More like

• Fire (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

More like

I need a giant cardboard Walshy head

• Like (+1) 1

Well, Halo becomes another shooter to implement player outlines.  I hope we can toggle it off - I think a workable solution would be to have a toggle for friend/foe so that it could be turned off for either your allies or enemies.  Honestly I think a better solution would be to make ranked still be RvB, but that's me.

Here's what I saw:
"Combat Evolved" is back, Oddball will be there day 1, there will be bots (see blog post), there's a gun that combined the scattershot and the plasma caster, there's little to no delay in shooting when coming out of sprint (see BR shots at 47/48 seconds), there's an annoying AI thing that will "assist", there's equipment that doesn't look conducive to competitive play - though I will give it a try before tossing it out. 

Here's hoping we get a really good look at gameplay tomorrow. 

There's definitely some stuff that's making me nervous for competitive (like the AI that CAN CAPTURE FREAKING OBJECTIVES FOR YOU), but I'm going to refrain from using the pitchfork until we know what they're using/excluding for comp. 

The aesthetic is great, too.  Gonna be super interesting to see how it plays once we can finally get our damn hands on it. 

• Like (+1) 1