CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

I think your understanding and ability to communicate with such is kind of broken. 

The sniper is important because of how fun its roll is in the Halo 3 game. Its roll is important because of the BRs importance etc..

Sniping is the only weapon with a good skill gap between decent players. I'm not amazing, probably only decent at most Halo games. And I've never found someone in Halo 3 I couldn't at least a) trade with or b) win a decent number of the fights in 1v1 situations. And they're 100% better than me at Halo 3. Stop with this delusion that there's this massive gulf in skill with the H3 BR. 

And if you mention the majority of players are easy to out BR because of skill, I can out BR the majority of people in Halo 4, H2A.

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Response in Bold Italic.

Here's the obvious that I'm noting for you, of which is not my knowledge, but public knowledge and common sense.

There is no respected AR montage.

That debate just isn't legible for debate.

There's no respected BR montage in Halo 3 either. 

Montages are 99% sniper and 1% using grenades to get easy cleanups and maybe 1 or 2 out BRs

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That's because in most Halo games the primary weapon skill is such that its you accruing minor advantages and marginally better stats over long periods of time if you are better even at the highest end. You don't just win every BR fight ever. Most players can land a 4 and if they get first shot it really doesn't matter how good you are many of those times will have you dying. The skill of the best players comes in the form of punishing people missing that 4 more often than others will. They don't just out shoot everyone they see or win 2v1s all the time or anything crazy. They're just statistically better over long periods and it pays off. Most of the different skills in Halo work like that. Everyone has a decent package of nades they know how to throw once they're generally good at the game but they aren't exceptional with them usually and so on with just about everything

• Like (+1) 1

This is the most alive this thread has been in months

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/18/2021 at 12:38 PM, Rdispushedback said:

Even if we did this the problem we would still have is the poor game design.

Clearly your stuff is stronger than Arlong's, hook a brother up.

I'm not sure if it's trolling or a legitimate learning disability/brain damage. Either way, I don't want to read it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

thou invite shalt be revoked for thy sins heathen

HCS thread is sacred, not a troll lodge

we may jest but thou never indulge in brabble

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/19/2021 at 1:20 AM, Rdispushedback said:

roll

I think this dude is a contraption made by r/halocirclejerk to troll us.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:23 PM, Rdispushedback said:

Halo 3 elitist have a certain opinion thats more important then the average posters.

How are you an H3 elitist when you dont even understand the BR's RNG spread?

5 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

Halo is only competitive if a BR is the utility at this point.

CE would like to have a word with you.  

People also sleep on H5.  I get that the competitive scene was kind of a meme for like 95% of the game's life, but it was a lot better than a good chunk would like to give credit for. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

CE is where most people got their love for the game thats where the games opinion is biased. Its a good game but Bungie made Halo better and its better for the many logical changes made to it. BR being a bigger gun and the concept of the BR is more advanced then a pistol. Halo 3 BR is literally the same as Halo 1 Pistol with the exception to how it operates firing 3 bullets. So everyone is satisfied with this Halo design.

• Downvote (-1) 6

7 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

Halo 3 BR is literally the same as Halo 1 Pistol with the exception to how it operates firing 3 bullets.

LMAO

You seem to have a passion for ignorance.

3 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

CE is Halo 3, upgraded, with better everything.

Quoted for truth

The people that have an issue with the BR have an issue in the other areas of skill in the game you must be good at because of the BRs mechanics. You must have good enough aim to hit 4 separate shots with the BR. Picking a good time too get into battles is a factor because if you get out into the open you can be murdered by a team and that requires awareness and decision making. Now the BRs make emphasizes areas of the persons individuals ability to aim and the persons strength in real life decision making.

42 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

LMAO

You seem to have a passion for ignorance.

Halo 3 added so much to the game it added content features not even noticable to just anyone unless you played the game and were good at it

Elements added to the game just from the BR like strafe and decision making.

Let's go

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

Now the BRs make emphasizes areas of the persons individuals ability to aim and the persons strength in real life decision making.

Lol wut