CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Skyrim?

It somehow never gets old though does it? You just reminded me that it was released onto game pass the other day so i am going to have to play it again.

On 12/19/2020 at 5:05 PM, Exidrion said:

Here's some info on what's happening 16~ months from now: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/happy-halodays-2020

It's just sad at this point lol.

Those numbers were interesting. Seems big but 19 million hours in MP in a year is very low. Original Halo Reach had 263 million games played every month and that must be around 800 million hours in a year. So 42 times more than MCC. 

On 12/23/2020 at 7:19 AM, FireAtWill said:

Those numbers were interesting. Seems big but 19 million hours in MP in a year is very low. Original Halo Reach had 263 million games played every month and that must be around 800 million hours in a year. So 42 times more than MCC. 

I was waiting for someone to do the comparison to Reach and H3 numbers. Funny how none of these stats exist for H4 and 5 tho 🤔

Now that I know they CHEATED, can you tell me the ONE LITTLE SECRET that doctors don’t want me to know?  

9 hours ago, Craneteam said:

how cringe would a show about cratos trashtalking be?

not as cringe as the money lost going into such a stupid fucking show.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, znot said:

not as cringe as the money lost going into such a stupid fucking show.

Truth

I can understand playing in or watching a tournament live but on some level you're just going to be watching some mid 20s to late teens kids talking shit to each other about a video game if you turn it into a tv show and while that might be funny for a few clips overall I really hope nobody would watch it

• Like (+1) 1

Well we’re getting some tourneys for a couple months.

Nothing to get real excited about, but it’s definitely better than nothing and I expect I’ll be tuning in to a decent number of them. Happy they made the switch to double elim as well.

What’s the over/under on whether we’ll get a single piece of Infinite news before the last tourney (April 11)? :D

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Commander Eagle said:

What’s the over/under on whether we’ll get a single piece of Infinite news before the last tourney (April 11)? :D

No way.  At leas not esports wise.  They'll let it run its course, and then if we're lucky they'll start dropping Infinite esports stuff.  Pretty doubtful on regular Infinite stuff too, but I wouldn't make a bet on that. 

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Were public flights/beta just completely abandoned for Infinite?

Well they've said they're still planning on having flighting for it, but god only knows with how things have been going.  

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Were public flights/beta just completely abandoned for Infinite?

They were asked after the delay announcement if they were going to bring back flighting due to the delay and they said yes. However, I fully expect them to announce they can't do flighting again (for no good reason), and that's if the game doesn't get delayed again.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/23/2020 at 1:19 AM, FireAtWill said:

Making a generous assumption that all games averaged out to 10 minutes, Reach averaged out to 43,833,333 hours a month. That's 526 million hours in a year. 

Halo is 27 times less popular than in 2010. 

16 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

So... how's the real estate market looking for everyone?

1300/mo for 3 bedroom apartment, brand new appliances, new floors, new granite countertops.

• Upvote (+1) 1