CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

On 11/3/2020 at 4:24 PM, TheSimms said:

:sleeping:

I guess I'm not the only one who refreshes this page daily 

I just checked HCS twitter and apparently there was a tournament?

Edit: nvm it was Halo 5

• Fire (+1) 1

7 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Can someone bring me up to speed on the Demon D / Danoxide situation? Not sure what happened. 

D3M0N D and Scarvayne were accused of rape/sexual assault by a woman in the community:

1, 2, 3

Danoxidewas accused of being abusive by two woman in the community:

1, 2

Danoxide has recently apologized for his actions and has admitted wrongdoing; when the accusations came out he had ceased playing in the MCC Pro Series and remained inactive since.. He signed up for a H5 tournament on Sunday and that upset a lot of people who think that since July it's way too soon for him to have shown true remorse and had a meaningful change to his character to even open the debate of whether he can ever be allowed back into the scene, not to mention that it's especially harmful for him to compete given that his victims are part of the scene and shouldn't have to choose between not interacting with him and continuing to enjoy Halo.

I  haven't been paying attention to H5 tournaments, so I could be off here, but I understand that Article and Envore teamed with Danoxide this Sunday and are receiving flak from the community for defending Danoxide's return.

If you missed it, it's also been revealed that Sabinater sent unsolicited dick pics to women in the community.

• WutFace (+0) 1

I've been talking about Sab in twitch chats to anyone playing against whatever team he's on. No one cares. Its good to see the bigger names condemning this Danoxide situation. Shit like that doesn't have a place anywhere. 

Is anyone shocked Demon D is a piece of shit? He radiated "will die alone" vibes back in the day.

36 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Is anyone shocked Demon D is a piece of shit? He radiated "will die alone" vibes back in the day.

I'm afraid there may be a lot of people turning on him. The only interactions I ever had with him personally were about a decade ago maybe a little more and he wasn't uh very nice to the people around at the time. That was so long ago we were both kids so I'm hesitant to just assume that's how he is now but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't stop and think about that. I'm not very knowledgeable about what happened recently but at a glance this could be pretty scary for the guy maybe deservedly but like I said I don't really know what happened

Specific individuals aside though I think the important part is that the community identify people who really are doing these things and stop supporting them. Nobody should be welcome within the community or at events if these are the things they're doing. These aren't the types of things where someone can return a better person and be included again after a few months or even ever potentially depending on which of those situations you're looking at. Once you lose the level of trust afforded to any decent person by doing the things people have been getting accused of it would be irresponsible to put new people at risk by just hoping someone has changed for the better. The issues involved in those tweets are extremely serious and far beyond the community or tournament organizers. The best you can do is to prevent the situation from occurring at our events in the future

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

This video shouldn't really be used 'against' him at this point IMO, a lot of people did stuff like this and even worse back then. I don't think the character of a 16/17 year old on XBL back then defines the character of someone now. Not excusing the allegations though.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree. A lot of growth can happen in 10 years. The posts above weren't talking about recently. Also, someones politeness doesn't have anything to do with the allegations. Character and integrity is invisible to the public eye. 

I can remember maybe the middle or near the end of H5s competitive lifespan (near when he returned to the scene) I ended up getting matched with DemonD and others on the same team. Right off the bat it was a complete ego fest and by mid match its was constant of how AMs are holding him back, blah blah blah. Couldnt wait for the match to end 

Ive actually wanted to bring this up, but I didnt know if it would be allowed or if it was too sensitive of a subject. The last I saw was that demon d was taking all that stuff to court. Did anything ever come out of that?

F/A for anything Halo 3, real coachable and I'm a pretty laid back guy, also have hella time to actually play since I'm out the Army now. Holla 🙏🏽💯.
  • Upvote (+1) 1