CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

On 8/25/2020 at 5:25 PM, Trespa5s said:

Fair, but at the same time I take it seriously enough to call the "leak" that it'll be delayed to 2022 BS for now.  If we're deep into 2021 with no real info, then we can revisit.  The point is, there's likely no serious talk about a second delay going on right now or Uny wouldn't have tweeted that. 

I mean it makes sense, it lines up with both leaks. If they dropped xbox one support this would allow them to go back and add more detail that was missing or cut because of xbox one support. this would require time but it's more than likely false. 

I don't know about you guys but moving senior leadership to oversee getting the game back on track doesn't sound like a short delay to me.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Snipe Three said:

I don't know about you guys but moving senior leadership to oversee getting the game back on track doesn't sound like a short delay to me.

I've pretty much resigned myself to admitting that it's probably gonna be a fall release at this point.  If it come sooner, great.  I'd be flabbergasted if it's before E3 time though.  

That being said, I'm curious what sort of impact having Staten back on board is gonna have.  Curious if it's an attempt to start a major overhaul, or just having him putting out fires for the next year. 

As much as I love Staten, this is an indictment on the state of the game. And we were 3 months away from getting another MCC type release in what may be the franchise's (if not Xbox's) last chance to save itself.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

As much as I love Staten, this is an indictment on the state of the game. And we were 3 months away from getting another MCC type release in what may be the franchise's (if not Xbox's) last chance to save itself.

if this fails, it will kill halo. i doubt it will hurt xbox as they're pinning their success to game pass

Xbox will be fine.  With Game Pass actually being pretty solid at this point (could be better, but 1000000000x above where it was at when it started), and with Xbox going all-in on "indy" studios (like Compulsion Games for example), they'll be alright going forward.  

Halo, on the other hand, needs Infinite to be a masterpiece, and it needs to be at launch. 

24 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Halo, on the other hand, needs Infinite to be a masterpiece, and it needs to be at launch. 

What do you think the odds of that happening are?  

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think the odds of that happening are?  

I think the campaign will be fine.  It's going back to Chief at the centre, and the unnamed bearded dude already has more character development than Locke did in all of H5.  Not to mention you can get away with some of the more "gimicky" gameplay stuff in SP.  It'll probably be good/great.

AS for MP, that all depends on whether or not/how much the pro/community feedback is being listened to.  The equipment on the map is apparently going to be h3-esque, so while I don't like it you can't really vilify 343 over it.  The abilities seemed toned down at the very least (and may or may not be tuned even further for competitive), which is solid.  Unfortunately I can't really say much more until we get some MP info.

I have no doubt Forge will be incredible.  Betwen H2A and H5, they've proven that they know how to make a wicked Forge tool.  Even if they just transplant H5's mechanics into Infinite, we're good.  Other than if it'll be there at launch, I'm not worried about it.

Lastly, the fact that they're delaying it is a good sign imo.  Up to a full extra year (assuming the 2021 deadline sticks) can do wonders, and with the resources that'll be pumped into it by MS/Xbox, it has a chance.  

So to sum it up, I'd say there's a(n):

95% chance the campaign is good/great.

85-90% the MP will be solid casually, with a 50-60% chance it'll translate well to competitive (unless we hear otherwise about how they're addressing any settings updates).

99% chance Forge will be amazing, and that we'll see some truly incredible maps made with it.  

80% chance it launches in a solid enough state to not immediately turn players off in the same way MCC/H5 did.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

Lastly, the fact that they're delaying it is a good sign imo.  Up to a full extra year (assuming the 2021 deadline sticks) can do wonders, and with the resources that'll be pumped into it by MS/Xbox, it has a chance.  

im glad its getting delayed, but lets not praise this decision. we are 5 years in. what we saw was shown as a finished product. only after backlash are we seeing 343 turn around and go from infinite is awesome/ready to go to we need another year or 2 to deliver a finished product. now we are seeing leadership changes. this is a mess behind the scenes and i dont know if $$ is gonna fix this or why nothing was done till now

19 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

im glad its getting delayed, but lets not praise this decision. we are 5 years in. 

You can question what the hell is going on, while still praising the fact that they are taking their time to make sure it's good. If it wasn't delayed, and came out incomplete/in a rough state, people would bitch about them being rushed and say that it should have been delayed.  I, too, am wondering why it's taken 5 years to see three teaser trailers and a grand total of 6 minutes of gameplay.  That being said, I will absolutely praise them for making sure the game is in a good state at launch instead of rushing out another disaster in order to meet the Series X launch. 

Shotzzy is now a COD Champ in his first year of COD. Absolutely unreal from the guy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MUSE_iC said:

Shotzzy is now a COD Champ in his first year of COD. Absolutely unreal from the guy. 

CoD World Champ and Halo World Champ, fucking unreal. 

Dallas Empire manager is Elumnite, Clayster competed in Halo 4, and Crimsix broke into the top 4 in Reach. It's a story as old as time itself - Halo players rule.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Craneteam said:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

it looks like the XSX will be $499 and the series S will be $299 and will be coming out Nov 10

Pricing for the S was confirmed by Xbox late last night/early this morning. Hopefully the rest of that is true too.

EDIT:  Release date for the S confirmed for November 10th.  No reason to think the X won't also release at the same time (unless it comes a couple days earlier to beat it out).   

Anyone else love watching snipedown shit all over the so called fps god known as shroud. Was a joy for me to watch. 

5 minutes ago, Gold said:

Anyone else love watching snipedown shit all over the so called fps god known as shroud. Was a joy for me to watch. 

I tried watching Shround’s stream during the halo event but he was annoying to me.  Seemed to bitch a lot and make excuses while running past power ups, not knowing what they were.  Thumbs down.  

I don't understand how people get enjoyment from watching popular game streamers tbh. 

Whenever they speak, it's bitching about something 75% of the time, and just some inane question the remaining 25% of the time. It just sucks the enjoyment out of watching them. 

At the very least, Youtube LPers need to have an entertaining personality and be somewhat funny to watch. 

I wouldn't say there is zero personality at the top. Doc, Ninja, Tatman and shroud all have their own reasons for being huge. I enjoy em all. I think NIckmercs is probably the best for me though - I'm big on people who have no filter. 

On 9/1/2020 at 4:26 PM, Knighty Knight said:

Dallas Empire manager is Elumnite, Clayster competed in Halo 4, and Crimsix broke into the top 4 in Reach. It's a story as old as time itself - Halo players rule.

Wow, I didn't know Crimsix was that good at Halo, where did he place top 4? I didn't know Clayster played H4 either, Do you remember what events he competed at?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Wow, I didn't know Crimsix was that good at Halo, where did he place top 4? I didn't know Clayster played H4 either, Do you remember what events he competed at?

According to this, Crim placed T4 at Columbus 2011.  https://www.esportspedia.com/halo/Crimsix

Clayster may have dicked around on H4 at the *very* beginning, but it was never serious.  Black Ops 2 came out less than a week later and he was fully invested in that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Clayster only played at Dallas 2012. He got an overkill on a pro team though! Crimsix first event he placed top 16 then his second he placed 4th. He could've done massive damage if he stuck with Halo.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I wouldn't say there is zero personality at the top. Doc, Ninja, Tatman and shroud all have their own reasons for being huge. I enjoy em all. I think NIckmercs is probably the best for me though - I'm big on people who have no filter. 

Nothing will ever top the old ninja streams for me, his mix of high skilled play with crazy shenanigans is not something we have seen since.  Many will disagree but that's just my humble opinion. 

• Like (+1) 4