CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

When you post to not only contribute to the current discussion of the online forum but also continue to remain true to yourself as a long time memer. 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Proto said:

When you post to not only contribute to the current discussion of the online forum but also continue to remain true to yourself as a long time memer. 

giphy.gif

This is the way

IXUMade.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 3

@Knighty Knight @Trespa5s @Wonderboy Great job today guys. I had a really good time watching. Production looked slick as well.

One piece of positive feedback about something specific, and I'm sorry to say I only caught about a series and a half so I'm not sure if this was common over the stream or just a one time thing I happened to notice. But I love witty banter. Definitely don't force it if it's not coming. But there was a few moments that made me laugh and I really appreciate those. I understand the major HCS events need to be professional a lot of times. One of my hopes for non-major tournaments though was that they would be fun and more light hearted, kind of bring out the fun that competitive Halo should theoretically have.

You guys brought the fun today. I really enjoyed it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Thank you so much! Yesterday was a blast.

When I'm leading the desk I'll always allow room for funny snipes and smart improv. Goldenboy, T2, Gaskin, Walshy, Simms, Onset, Bravo, and Lottie do a tremendous job at this as well! The HCS Invitational @ SXSW was about the best example I can think of for the way we should always be in Halo esports.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Silos said:

@Knighty Knight @Trespa5s @Wonderboy Great job today guys. I had a really good time watching. Production looked slick as well.

One piece of positive feedback about something specific, and I'm sorry to say I only caught about a series and a half so I'm not sure if this was common over the stream or just a one time thing I happened to notice. But I love witty banter. Definitely don't force it if it's not coming. But there was a few moments that made me laugh and I really appreciate those. I understand the major HCS events need to be professional a lot of times. One of my hopes for non-major tournaments though was that they would be fun and more light hearted, kind of bring out the fun that competitive Halo should theoretically have.

That's something that we could really learn from the FGC.  There are time where they may take a bit too far, but the vibe of the SFL is much more enjoyable than the ultra stuff stuff we get sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 8/10/2020 at 1:29 AM, Silos said:

Always a fine line to toe, but there was definitely more leeway given the nature of the competition! Glad you enjoyed witty banter on a Halo stream that didn't rely on bringing up things that happened 10 years ago  :Toxic:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I'm glad they're taking the time needed to polish up the game.  Still a few questions that need to be answered though:

1)  Does this mean that some sort of public flighting is back on the table, or is that a total wash at this point?

2)  When abouts in 2021 should we expect it?  Are they aiming for a spring release, or pushing it back all the way to the fall.

3)  When are we going to get more information regarding MP/competitive/anything.

4)  How bad of a state is the game in?  Is this "we're at the 5-yard line, but we need extra time to finishing it up properly", or "it's an absolute shit-show and we're gonna need a massive push over a long time to get the game into a solid state".

• Like (+1) 4

It's more "We have spent over seven hundred days on Unreal 4, then tossed it to go back to Blam because Microsoft didn't want to pay the licensing fee, and we wasted a thousand days more on what kind of campaign we want, and several iterations of multiplayer".

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

It's more "We have spent over seven hundred days on Unreal 4, then tossed it to go back to Blam because Microsoft didn't want to pay the licensing fee, and we wasted a thousand days more on what kind of campaign we want, and several iterations of multiplayer".

And essentially all the Studio Heads still have their jobs. Incredible. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, MUSE_iC said:

Cool. It seems like Roy just can’t stay away from competing. 

hopefully lunchbox will come back too

TJbAg8s.gif

• Like (+1) 6

Roys our BOY!

One of my favorite catches of the event. Shout out to @Infinity and @Wonderboy for teaching me not to try to hunt down too many PoVs and just stay on one for just a little bit longer no matter how grim it looks for that player.

• Like (+1) 3

Looks like we're gonna be getting some new H3 maps put into MM at the end of this.  If so, sign me the fuck up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 3

"Shut up Maniac, I have more tournaments wins than you have YouTube uploads in the last 5 years" - @LethuL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

On 8/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, S0UL FLAME said:

Wait actually or is this satire?

46 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Wait actually?

Yes. I've been in the know about Halo Infinite since 2017. For sure thought there would either be another H5 launch situation, or a delay.