CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Gaard said:

This is HELLA awkward. What did you hear exactly that meant you didnt' want to get sued. Ayyyy lmao

bruh I don't effen remember. lol

8 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

bruh I don't effen remember. lol

I wish you had been right bro, I really do. 

We all keep getting duped over and over again. 

It sucks that 2021 was supposed to be a great year for Halo esports but it’s looking like we’ll be forced to online tournaments and production. :tear:

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Exidrion said:

It sucks that 2021 was supposed to be a great year for Halo esports but it’s looking like we’ll be forced to online tournaments and production. :tear:

I hate this life

16 hours ago, Exidrion said:

That side of things in Halo needed to evolve big time. We are very very far behind the rest of esports with online league and tournament broadcasts. We haven't cultivated it. The most we saw was from ESL's brief attempt. Glass half full it could be a very good thing. Esports Engine is gonnna rock out in the remote world. The MCC Pro Series has been a good step in the right direction thus far.

EDIT: What do you know! Haha 

• Like (+1) 3

It will be telling what sort of esports features we have available for online play in the first year. What tick rate will the dedicated servers have? Will there be a match pause feature for disconnects? Will there be a full observer mode with some new tricks?

On 7/26/2020 at 12:37 PM, Sandman said:

I thought this was interesting 

https://imgur.com/gallery/lqFSPVv

A little surprising given that they won the last LAN and looked pretty good during the H2A cups. Maybe the others weren't impressed with Ace's H5 performance and think they need a young god who will take off with Infinite abilities?

3 hours ago, Noodle said:

A little surprising given that they won the last LAN and looked pretty good during the H2A cups. Maybe the others weren't impressed with Ace's H5 performance and think they need a young god who will take off with Infinite abilities?

That's exactly it. 

18 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Purple is a very good color.

But the future is orange.  

• Fire (+1) 1

They should just have online qualifiers then invite the top 8 to a LAN or whatever I’d rather that then the online garbage obviously would have to do without crowds though.

I know there was leaks, and some insiders saying the leaks were true. I definitely didn't expect an official announcement to come from the Halo account today though regarding this.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Zavehi said:

I know there's been a lot of (understandable) negativity surrounding Halo since the gameplay demo, but this here is absolutely amazing news. This will drastically increase the game's population for a long time after release, which will keep interest in the game high, which is the best-case scenario for the competitive scene. This gets me so hyped for the launch!

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Silos said:

I know there was leaks, and some insiders saying the leaks were true. I definitely didn't expect an official announcement to come from the Halo account today though regarding this.

Probably didn't plan on releasing this today but with everything flying around better off just confirming it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, I really didn't expect this. I guess teams are trying to go all out on the young guns, what with Ace getting dropped too. Snakebite's stream says they're still looking for 1 for Infinite, I don't know if they talked to people already or are just going from scratch.

• Toxic (+1) 1

I mean at least they did it the right way as far as I can tell. He has plenty of time to look over options and teams. I imagine they just sort of looked over how H5 went and realized they want a Frosty type of guy if possible if they don't already have a specific player in mind. Total speculation though

57 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:
Wow, I really didn't expect this. I guess teams are trying to go all out on the young guns, what with Ace getting dropped too. Snakebite's stream says they're still looking for 1 for Infinite, I don't know if they talked to people already or are just going from scratch.

I wanna see Ace and aPG team up with a couple of other vets who are deemed not good enough for modern Halo, name the team "Get Off My Lawn" and outplace the young guns they're getting dropped for.

• Like (+1) 3