Jump to content
CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

I've missed you guys! <3

 

Here's to hoping for the best for competitive Halo future!

Share this post


Link to post

Is that the strange sensation I’m feeling?  Hope?  

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Thankfully, the grappling hook is equipment which will be an on map pickup

Does it matter?

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Does it matter?

Beats being an innate ability. Let's be real, we all knew it wasn't gonna go back to the classic formula completely. We'll have to deal w sprint, but we can hopefully get the grappleshot out of comp settings if we need to

Share this post


Link to post

Clamber returns aswell, not sure how to feel about that one. Saying that not sure how to feel about it all after watching.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Beats being an innate ability. Let's be real, we all knew it wasn't gonna go back to the classic formula completely. We'll have to deal w sprint, but we can hopefully get the grappleshot out of comp settings if we need to

Nope lmao I'm out. If sprint is in I'd probably prefer a permanent grappling hook to be honest, make it as gimmicky as possible and carve that 343 identity on the series.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Beats being an innate ability. Let's be real, we all knew it wasn't gonna go back to the classic formula completely. We'll have to deal w sprint, but we can hopefully get the grappleshot out of comp settings if we need to

Maybe we can get more out of comp then just that? If i remember correctly isnt adam and his new company running the comp scene alongside 343 for infinite and they mentioned that they would have a say in comp settings?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LukeB9515 said:

Maybe we can get more out of comp then just that? If i remember correctly isnt adam and his new company running the comp scene alongside 343 for infinite and they mentioned that they would have a say in comp settings?

Hopefully

Share this post


Link to post

My major worry is whether 343/EE are willing the make the changes needed for the competitive settings.  That big shield/wall thing is going to be in MP, but that's something already that we know will 99.9999999% likely need to be removed from competitive.  If they're willing to make the adjustments, I can see things working out alright. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

My major worry is whether 343/EE are willing the make the changes needed for the competitive settings.  That big shield/wall thing is going to be in MP, but that's something already that we know will 99.9999999% likely need to be removed from competitive.  If they're willing to make the adjustments, I can see things working out alright. 

I think you touched on something very interesting here. 

When Halo 5 launched, 343 was adamant that casual and competitive play use the same rulesets to lessen the divide between casual and competitive Halo fans. This was a response to Halo 3, where the casual game modes spawned you with ARs and the hardcore game modes had BR spawns. 

They eventually backed off this logic because it didn't work. They made changes to autos and radar, but by then it was too late. 

I think with equipment coming back in H6, we can expect that divide to come back between comp and casual. I expect to see something new like the Grappleshot in competitive, but I don't expect to see that shield. 

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

 I expect to see something new like the Grappleshot in competitive, but I don't expect to see that shield. 

I'm thinking the same thing. As long as it's possible to turn off individual pieces of equipment, or they are willing to adjust what's on the map, I see a lot of potential here. 

Share this post


Link to post

IF the grapshot cant be removed from competitive maps then hopefully its a 1/2 use per life ability or some kind of pick up. I loved the titanfall series but i dont want it to be the a constant on the map.

 

All i can hope if that the lessons learned with H5 comp settings stick and that @Clap and his team have some level of input since theyll be running the show. Hopefully @Clap can stop by and give us more info soon 

 

From a campaign perspective the game looks pretty cool. The more open world feel could work though im more of a fan of a linear story

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

IF the grapshot cant be removed from competitive maps then hopefully its a 1/2 use per life ability or some kind of pick up. I loved the titanfall series but i dont want it to be the a constant on the map.

It's already confirmed to be an on-map pickup, so it won't be anything spammy. 

 

6 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

From a campaign perspective the game looks pretty cool. The more open world feel could work though im more of a fan of a linear story

Agreed on both.  Should be a fun play through for the campaign, but I much prefer the old school "level" based progression instead of everything being open world now. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm happy with what we saw. It looks like the exact foundation we need. There will be massive amounts of testing post-launch but I'm confident we will land on solid settings that will lead us into the future. Praying extraction makes its return as a gametype and we get incredible multiplayer maps.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Morachip said:

Didn't see ADS or nade hit markers.

There was ADS on the new Scar-esque AR.  Nade hitmarkers are trickier.  The plasma nade had a hitmarker when it was stuck to the enemy, but not when it blew up. 

Share this post


Link to post

I had to bring out the Halo scientist in me for this one. Nade hit markers appear to be in. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

There was ADS on the new Scar-esque AR.  Nade hitmarkers are trickier.  The plasma nade had a hitmarker when it was stuck to the enemy, but not when it blew up. 

The Scar-thing had a sight/scope - no ADS used on any other weapons.  Suppose that's not proof it isn't there, but it wasn't shown on anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silos said:

I had to bring out the Halo scientist in me for this one. Nade hit markers appear to be in. 

 

... in that version of the game! There is still hope. *prays*

Share this post


Link to post

If competitive settings have no sprint and other gimmicky shit. I'll come back, but 343i is getting no more of my money until that happens.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I'm happy with what we saw. It looks like the exact foundation we need. There will be massive amounts of testing post-launch but I'm confident we will land on solid settings that will lead us into the future. Praying extraction makes its return as a gametype and we get incredible multiplayer maps.

I think I mostly agree. Graphics aside I think most of what I've seen can work as long as settings are iterated on well. Hard to say without maps but the basic spartan didn't really do anything in the teaser that scares me and those guns generally appear to be something that is skill based. We already know the equipment will be picked up on the map in multiplayer too so if nothing else it'll be a similar transition that H3 had to its competitive settings if they turn out to be a little too ridiculous. Particularly the commando AR, pulse carbine and grappler look interesting to me. I'd like to just play the game to really see at this point

I'd just like the nade hitmarkers to go and for the shield effect on the screen to be reduced by like 90% or just outright removed. Never a fan of the screen being obstructed like that.

Something I'm surprised to not really see anyone talk about actually is the "upgrades" tab on the map when he opens it. That actually sounds pretty fun in a campaign 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, Humpflung said:

Don't worry about pro team. I sure they got this after what I low-key heard listening to tashis conversation with 343 guys about infinite...

Too bad I don't want to get sued so I'll keep what I heard to myself..

This is HELLA awkward. What did you hear exactly that meant you didnt' want to get sued. Ayyyy lmao

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.