CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, a Chunk said:

My hunch is that part of a Halo reveal would include an announcement that the release date is going to be delayed.

Obviously we're still a couple months out, but unless something major changes in that time span, it won't be.  Their announcement yesterday said they still plan on having Infinite/Series X ready for this holiday season. 

• Like (+1) 2

No Halo tomorrow :(  Was basically confirmed already but they finally said it explicitly. 

ok yeah so nothing on infinite until July...kinda disappointing as a beta during quarantine couldve been massive. and if they added info about the new pro circuit at the same time, we couldve gotten a lot of momentum to ride on going into release

I like the return to H2A, and this sort of cements that they're going all-in on PC.  My only concern is the broadcasts for the pro weeks.  I know they said they're look at solutions, but this can't be a situation of them getting two months in and saying "oh yea, we finally have a stream!"  It NEEDS to be available for the first pro week.  

• Like (+1) 2

If they're running H2A tournaments as part of HCS then they need to add a ranked H2A playlist. This might mean a need to cut some playlists to keep the options from being bloated; maybe cut Reach Slayer at the least since Reach has been out for a bit now.

1 hour ago, Noodle said:

If they're running H2A tournaments as part of HCS then they need to add a ranked H2A playlist. This might mean a need to cut some playlists to keep the options from being bloated; maybe cut Reach Slayer at the least since Reach has been out for a bit now.

Reach Slayer was cut a few days ago, was pretty happy to see that.

MCC will forever have a Hardcore playlist dilemma though

Will infinite be cross play at launch? Was thinkin about gettin a new GPU for it, but if it's not gonna be crossplay ill probably be getting the series X 

Just now, Exidrion said:

Will infinite be cross play at launch? Was thinkin about gettin a new GPU for it, but if it's not gonna be crossplay ill probably be getting the series X 

They haven't confirmed either way, but I'd be flabbergasted if it wasn't either there at launch, or announced to be coming shortly after.  It's quickly becoming almost-mandatory, and with Infinite being planned for PC from the get-go, I find it hard to imagine a world where it doesn't happen. 

15 hours ago, Infinity said:

MCC will forever have a Hardcore playlist dilemma though

It doesn’t have to though. They could take the hardcore gametype settings, and then just add them to a few more maps and call that the ranked playlist. Maybe add some gametypes that didn’t make it into the circuit but are still pretty good (KotH, Assault, Ball on certain maps). Keep the variety of vanilla ranked, but cut out the cheesy shit like radar, equipment, and terrible settings.

Then, when a tournament comes around, you can release a temporary practice playlist leading up to the tournament that has exact 1-1 settings. Delete the playlist at midnight the morning of the event. THEN, since it’s temporary and ties into an upcoming event, you can track the front runners and cover the race to 50 in blogs and on Twitter. They could showcase streams of the top players. That’s an easy way to both fix the playlist problem and generate hype in the upcoming tournament. The sheer visibility of it would help catch cheaters, too.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

you can track the front runners and cover the race to 50 in blogs and on Twitter

Continual competitive community coverage?  #c4 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone know what the pro teams are that are playing in this H2A tourney?

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Honestly not sure who is playing rn in the continual time loop of Halo and its been getting worse ever since the end of H5 or so as teams shuffle and we swap games often without much coverage

I don't follow a lot of people on Twitter, can someone explain the Mantra blowup for me?

The legendary speedrunner MisterMonopoli made a montage for a $200 Mantra contest of the org's owner rage quitting and messaging him after getting killed in H2 matchmaking and Monopoli called out the org on twitter for deleting the montage contest tweet. Next day I see that the roster is looking for a new organization to sponsor them. Monopoli said in his stream that after his tweet and montage that a content creator in the org called out the owner for shadiness and it all came crumbling down from there.

Anyone have more info on what's up with Mantra and if the players got paid or sponsored whatever they were due? Was exciting to see players like Killer N, Zyos, Karma, etc. combe back into the scene, but all the financial giveaways advertised with the team's lack of sponsors made everything seem financially unsustainable and possibly shady.

35 minutes ago, Noodle said:

I don't follow a lot of people on Twitter, can someone explain the Mantra blowup for me?

The legendary speedrunner MisterMonopoli made a montage for a $200 Mantra contest of the org's owner rage quitting and messaging him after getting killed in H2 matchmaking and Monopoli called out the org on twitter for deleting the montage contest tweet. Next day I see that the roster is looking for a new organization to sponsor them. Monopoli said in his stream that after his tweet and montage that a content creator in the org called out the owner for shadiness and it all came crumbling down from there.

Anyone have more info on what's up with Mantra and if the players got paid or sponsored whatever they were due? Was exciting to see players like Killer N, Zyos, Karma, etc. combe back into the scene, but all the financial giveaways advertised with the team's lack of sponsors made everything seem financially unsustainable and possibly shady.

I'm not too sure, the org owner was blocking a lot of people on twitter beforehand. Not sure what's happening

18 hours ago, Frosty said:

Gold.png 1 $ 25,000 Team Mantralogo std.pngTeam Mantra Ace  bubu dubu  Falcated  Spartan
Silver.png 2 $ 10,000 Logo std.pngUNLLIMITED Eco  StelluR  TriPPPeY  Penguin
Bronze.png 3 $ 6,000 Sentinelslogo std.pngSentinels SnakeBite  aPG  Royal 2  LethuL
Copper.png 4 $ 3,000 Nfinitelogo std.pngNfinite Rayne  Reliable  King Nick  RyaNoob
5-6 $ 2,000 Logo std.pngIncognito iGotUrPistola  Neptune  Renegade  Saiyan
Lux Gaminglogo std.pngLux Gaming Cratos  Danoxide  Str8 Sick  Suspector
7-8 $ 1,000 Mason City Minotaurslogo std.pngMason City Minotaurs Aries  Munoz  Rammyy  Shele
Falling Esportslogo std.pngFalling Esports Commonly  Hysteria  Neighbor  Sabinater

These are the teams that automatically get the top 8 seed. In order to hold it they have to retain 3/4s of the roster from DH Anaheim.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:
Gold.png 1 $ 25,000 Team Mantralogo std.pngTeam Mantra Ace  bubu dubu  Falcated  Spartan
Silver.png 2 $ 10,000 Logo std.pngUNLLIMITED Eco  StelluR  TriPPPeY  Penguin
Bronze.png 3 $ 6,000 Sentinelslogo std.pngSentinels SnakeBite  aPG  Royal 2  LethuL
Copper.png 4 $ 3,000 Nfinitelogo std.pngNfinite Rayne  Reliable  King Nick  RyaNoob
5-6 $ 2,000 Logo std.pngIncognito iGotUrPistola  Neptune  Renegade  Saiyan
Lux Gaminglogo std.pngLux Gaming Cratos  Danoxide  Str8 Sick  Suspector
7-8 $ 1,000 Mason City Minotaurslogo std.pngMason City Minotaurs Aries  Munoz  Rammyy  Shele
Falling Esportslogo std.pngFalling Esports Commonly  Hysteria  Neighbor  Sabinater

These are the teams that automatically get the top 8 seed. In order to hold it they have to retain 3/4s of the roster from DH Anaheim.

Well we already know that Incognito is losing their spot then... Tripppey announced on stream today that he's teaming with Ola, Neptune, and Bound, so that's only 2/4 of Incognito. In all honesty, I have a difficult time imagining several of these teams staying together...

Obviously Sentinels will, but other than that, probably Mantra if Spartan stays on? And maybe Unlimited minus Tripppey? Only other team I see maybe staying together is Lux, because Cratos/Danoxide/Suspector have a lot of history. I don't see Nfinite or Minotaurs sticking together, Incognito already aren't, and there's basically a 0% chance Falling will IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

Based on streams today, looks like Mantra are all playing together and so are Lux. So looks like those two are staying together.

On Twitch I asked RyaNoob about his team and he said that Reliable didn't want to compete in H2A but the other three members of Nfinite are currently sticking together with a fourth on board (all tentative since Halo always has its team changes before roster locks).

I would like to see Saiyan fill in on the Unlimited roster in place of TriPPeY, although Renegade filling in to recreate 3/4 of the Splyce roster looks fun too.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Noodle said:

On Twitch I asked RyaNoob about his team and he said that Reliable didn't want to compete in H2A but the other three members of Nfinite are currently sticking together with a fourth on board (all tentative since Halo always has its team changes before roster locks).

I would like to see Saiyan fill in on the Unlimited roster in place of TriPPeY, although Renegade filling in to recreate 3/4 of the Splyce roster looks fun too.

I imagine they’d go with Renegade if he was interested, based on the history with Eco and Stellur. Saiyan would be fun too but I don’t know if his personality really meshes well with that team... I’m actually surprised that Saiyan didn’t join Tripppey and Ola, it always seemed like they really enjoyed teaming.

Cool to hear the update about Ryanoob.

man having actual roster speculation heading into an actual event is so refreshing

• Like (+1) 3

Tweet says Halo Infinite, but this is their team for H2 as well

Edit: This is the UNLLIMITED roster with Renegade subbed in for Trippey, so they should keep their seed. 

• Like (+1) 3

These online tourneys could really be fun while we're all stuck inside. They really need to get a good broadcast together though, it will be really disappointing (but not unexpected) if they don't. And for the love of God, STREAM IT ON THE HALO TWITCH CHANNEL!!

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Craneteam said:

man having actual roster speculation heading into an actual event is so refreshing

I also love the format. Allowing a swinging door of new talent! 

I really enjoyed the Halo 5 Pro League. It just needed to be perfected and we would have ourself a consistent top level content machine. 

• Like (+1) 3