CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I hope it's not a reliable source  - I'm really hoping for class based gameplay and maybe an added thrust like Doom: Eternals dash. Also would like to see sprint a lot faster. Definitely don't want to see ground pound removed. 

I know 343 is always hiring but goddamn ya hate to see it from one of the good ones.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

We have a 32 team, double elim bracket for this tomorrow!  Stream starts at noon tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Sandman said:

i miss competitive halo

ask and you shall receive

EDIT: 

Insane attention to detail from these fellas! It's so nice to be able to stare at charts of kda, w/l ratios, and matchups while analyzing!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

found this cool Halo shirt for sale. I think its to promote the original first championship in japan. I am nojt the seller. just thought someone might be interested even though its a small.

j9RBpPc.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/770984396/vintage-90s-halo-game-tshirt

• Fire (+1) 2

On 4/12/2020 at 1:44 PM, cQrPsE said:

found this cool Halo shirt for sale. I think its to promote the original first championship in japan. I am nojt the seller. just thought someone might be interested even though its a small.

j9RBpPc.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/770984396/vintage-90s-halo-game-tshirt

I was thinking about buying it but its in a man’s small. Dang

5 hours ago, Riddler said:

I was thinking about buying it but its in a man’s small. Dang

Get anyway and hang it up.

18 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

New video!

When someone is trying to betray you for a weapon, the thing that will irritate them most is to watch you waste all the ammo. It's quite satisfying.

• Like (+1) 3

Frosty and Snip3down are playing Apex Legends together, and Frosty mentioned that he wants to compete in Infinite but his contract with the Florida Mutineers will most likely prevent that from happening. I unfortunately didn't clip it.

• Like (+1) 2

I made another CE guide. This one is about using quick-camo effectively, but it has a bunch of other useful stuff in there that you might not have seen broken down like this before.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

They're certainly a contender. The argument would be more compelling if H5 didn't have a 36 year life cycle and they actually had to prove it across multiple games, and games that people actually gave a shit about.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hard Way said:

They're certainly a contender. The argument would be more compelling if H5 didn't have a 36 year life cycle and they actually had to prove it across multiple games, and games that people actually gave a shit about.

For me, what separates the Final Boss dynasty from the TOX dynasty even more so than the titles played is the winning percentage Final Boss had during their dynasty. The Ogres/Walshy went something like 30-6 during their dynasty, an absolutely ridiculous winning percentage. The TOX dynasty went a (comparably tame) 11-10 or so. While the number of events played wasn’t in TOX’s control, the winning percentage was. TOX is still undoubtedly the 2nd best halo team of all time and had an incredible dynastic run (which still has a chance to continue in Infinite).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Sorry Off topic, but has anybody tried doing a co-op playthrough on MCC? Me and my friend decided to do a legendary playthrough together and we got through CE with minimal issues.

But we are on h2 and all through the playthrough we have been having issues with the game crashing then kicking us back to the menu screen. Some days it seems to be worse then others, some days we couldn't do a level before it crashed, some days we have done like 3.

We are now up to regret and it seems we can't finish this mission without the game crashing. We have tried like 6-7 times on different days over the last like 2 weeks and it seems to crash every time.

Is this some sort of bug? Thinking of just doing the mission seperately and picking up our playthough on sacred iron. Kinda takes the fun out of it then though.

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LukeB9515 said:

Sorry Off topic, but has anybody tried doing a co-op playthrough on MCC? Me and my friend decided to do a legendary playthrough together and we got through CE with minimal issues.

But we are on h2 and all through the playthrough we have been having issues with the game crashing then kicking us back to the menu screen. Some days it seems to be worse then others, some days we couldn't do a level before it crashed, some days we have done like 3.

We are now up to regret and it seems we can't finish this mission without the game crashing. We have tried like 6-7 times on different days over the last like 2 weeks and it seems to crash every time.

Is this some sort of bug? Thinking of just doing the mission seperately and picking up our playthough on sacred iron. Kinda takes the fun out of it then though.

Thanks.

PC or Xbox?  My brother and I played through all the campaigns together on Xbox and didn't have any issues.  If it's PC then probably a bug they need to iron out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

PC or Xbox?  My brother and I played through all the campaigns together on Xbox and didn't have any issues.  If it's PC then probably a bug they need to iron out. 

Xbox, how strange. We played multiplayer for a couple of hours after the game crashed 3 times in a row on regret with no issues atall. We also play other games like overwatch frequently so it does seem to be a specific problem with h2. May just have to bite the bullet and finish this mission seperately.