CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

that had to be one of the best moments in mlg history. that, the walshy nouble needles, and the walshy trash talk when he would be final boss. like taking candy from a baby, but a baby wouldve put up a better fight

edit:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Bring back H2 era level of trash talk. Nowadays you get a comms ban if you say get recked kid.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hully said:

Bring back H2 era level of trash talk. Nowadays you get a comms ban if you say get recked kid.

When you get told to trade your copy of Halo back in to GameStop so you can pick a game for kids ages 6 and up: 

InfamousNeatIberianemeraldlizard-small.g

When you say the same thing to your shitty teammate the next game:

giphy.gif

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hully said:

Not to get too off topic and philosophical but I wonder why we're so soft these days.

"Like taking candy from a baby"

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Wa-wa-wa-wait. But the baby would have put up a better fight."

*crickets*

Accurate.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Hully said:

And get enough comm bans, they'll permanently ban your account.

4 hours ago, Exidrion said:

Not to get too off topic and philosophical but I wonder why we're so soft these days.

Devs appealing to "Woke" culture. Can't even call someone a he or she without someone being offended over it. Devs these days are super hypocritical, though; "Buy our new emote of you ripping off your opponents head and shitting down its throat, on sale now! But remember, calling someone a mean word or being micro aggressive towards others is a permanently bannable offense. Have fun!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 2

4 hours ago, The Tyco said:

And get enough comm bans, they'll permanently ban your account.

a5tp7pk.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

More than anything, I wish vocal players/crowds would come back to Halo tourneys. It's so much more entertaining to watch whenever the casters hype up an incredible snipe or whatever and the crowd goes insane

Would help if hitting no scopes was actually uncommon unlike the past several Halo games. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Watching some of that gameplay makes me shudder at the thought of playing Halo 2 again without the ability to bridge host

Also on the point of vocal crowds, from my experience the crowd at events is usually very good; however there's a reason they sound like the suck when watching from home. TOs still don't invest in crowd mics despite the audience being the best asset that a live event broadcast has. Instead we have casters shouting into seemingly empty rooms

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i wish 343 could release an infinite beta while we're on quarantine. that would get a lot of people online and looking forward to this launch

• Like (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

i wish 343 could release an infinite beta while we're on quarantine. that would get a lot of people online and looking forward to this launch

Not a full beta, only Infection.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Watching some of that gameplay makes me shudder at the thought of playing Halo 2 again without the ability to bridge host

Also on the point of vocal crowds, from my experience the crowd at events is usually very good; however there's a reason they sound like the suck when watching from home. TOs still don't invest in crowd mics despite the audience being the best asset that a live event broadcast has. Instead we have casters shouting into seemingly empty rooms

Even small crowds can bring the hype too. It's an absolute essential asset to invest

4 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Even small crowds can bring the hype too.

Case in point: the Gilkey fans hyping things up when Lux won Atlantic City.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Noodle said:

Case in point: the Gilkey fans hyping things up when Lux won Atlantic City.

Perfect. That was mainly 4 or 5 dudes with some help

Gilky's friends made that one of my favorite finals ever. It was so entertaining. It was also hilarious sitting next to Legend and McDick, and McDick has never played another Halo after CE, so he's asking Legend all these basic ass questions. He's one of the best players to ever play the game, and he sounded like my dad. Lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Skor said:

:thinking:

one of the biggest issues was ESL and their management of the game. we would pull huge numbers and then wait 2 months to announce the next event. there was no roadmap and they did nothing to keep people interested between events. imagine if they had a 6-12 month roadmap after the massive first hwc. or after the pro league finals. then they killed off pro league. there was just no love for the game or the community there even though we would pull massive viewing numbers. i remember the last fall finals before pistol starts had 60k viewers. we had people coming up but every event had shit like incorrect graphics, champ mondays, 10 man listen ins that drove away the casual community that didnt want to deal with that shit

• Like (+1) 4