CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

So is it officially time to reconvene the senate? 

4COAegb.jpg

I'd like to make a motion to remove Moses as he officially resigned from Team Beyond some time ago. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

3 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

So is it officially time to reconvene the senate? 

4COAegb.jpg

Yo can ya put me in this 😔 And I don't see Rambles? 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Terraform FPS said:

Bad stream quality, screen tearing, no face cams. :mj:

PC Tournament and everyone in the first game is playing with a controller....

If people are playing a PC FPS and using a controller at a comp tournament, clearly something is very fucking wrong. 

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

4 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Or, or or, a group of pros that have used controller for their entire competitive career, playing a console game built around controller feels more comfortable using controllers. 

Yeah I don't buy this excuse. Players at this level of play can change input devices and adapt relatively easily. There's been months to grind M/kb and get good at it. Not one person in this game is using it. Clearly M/kb is not seen as viable enough to make the change, which is pretty fucking stupid for a PC FPS. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

I'm kinda getting bored of seeing the same old faces win every time, I hope m&kb is actually viable in Infinite so we can get some new blood into this stagnant scene.

Just now, Mow said:

I'm kinda getting bored of seeing the same old faces win every time, I hope m&kb is actually viable in Infinite so we can get some new blood into this stagnant scene.

That's why they don't have webcams :weback::simms:

• Toxic (+1) 3

Alright forum users - it's another Halo weekend. You know the deal. Only post the absolute shittiest and most dank memes possible. Anything subpar will be deleted and you will be disciplined with a large amount of internet force. You have all been warned. :rekt::fire::Toxic::weback::simms::walshy:

• Simms (+1) 1

Glad to see King Nick doing good.  He used to grind promod and forge customs with us all the time in H4.  Not your typical, “only plays MLG maps/settings” kid.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Yeah I don't buy this excuse. Players at this level of play can change input devices and adapt relatively easily. There's been months to grind M/kb and get good at it. Not one person in this game is using it. Clearly M/kb is not seen as viable enough to make the change, which is pretty fucking stupid for a PC FPS. 

You can't actually be serious dude.....

Remember all the downtime and bad production HCS had in 2015, it's almost like some things never change.  And 343i had the nerve to tell people that they added "LAN" features to MCC.

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

You can't actually be serious dude.....

I am. Adapting to a new input isn't nearly as hard as people think it is, it just takes practice and a month or so to really grasp it. Top controller players can swap pretty easily to M/kb, look at Lethuls clips. He swapped to M/kb and was doing exceptionally well with it after a few weeks, but he's still gone back to a controller. 

There's also the whole argument that running a PC League is fucking pointless if you can completely dominate it with a controller meaning that it will be the same Top 4-8 teams on both platforms. PC Halo comps should be run using PC's native inputs, and Xbox Halo should be run using controllers. It's really that simple. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1