CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

Oh goody, another pro to add to the collection of players who have no real say in how Halo 6:Mediocre Trend Follower Evolved will play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 3

14 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Oh goody, another pro to add to the collection of players who have no real say in how Halo 6:Mediocre Trend Follower Evolved will play.

I'm in a good mood today so I see it more as the fact that Infinite will not be "competitive out the box" and need tweaking. This to me is a positive.

13 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I'm in a good mood today so I see it more as the fact that Infinite will not be "competitive out the box" and need tweaking. This to me is a positive.

We'll see. H4 and 5 do not give me any iota of optimism.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

10 hours ago, valaea said:

sounds like 343 is pouring a ton of money into this so we'll see ... can someone explain MLG's cringe rebranding to me lol (Esports Engine, really?), Google is not explaining it very well

MLG is still an acti/blizz company but its not really doing anything since owl and cdl teams have to put together their own events. this is just adam and his crew forming a new company vs sitting on their thumbs. hecz has a good interview with @Clap about this stuff

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Noodle said:

I'm optimistic that we will not have to wait two years to have open LAN tournaments that do not have motion tracker or autos.

Here's an interesting discussion: 

Do you think 343 will allow Infinite's esport settings to differ much from vanilla settings? 

In my eyes, 343 is making this move purely to outsource tournament logistics & promotion, while having the only say in whether or not we can turn off sprint in tournaments, the map pool, starting weapons, timers, etc...

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

Do you think 343 will allow Infinite's esport settings to differ much from vanilla settings? 

In my eyes, 343 is making this move purely to outsource tournament logistics & promotion, while having the only say in whether or not we can turn off sprint in tournaments. 

I think with anyone other than Adam and co. at the helm, I'd be worried about a repeat of H5's situation.  I think they've seen now that you can't always have casual match 1:1 with competitive, and considering they're looking for someone to help with finding those changes I'm relatively optimistic we'll see a lot of the changes we need.  

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

for your convenience:

Vir9znj.png

There’s at least seven teams here that spark my interest into being excited about watching. Although Reach is far from my favorite, I’m excited to watch some top level competitive halo this weekend. With yesterdays announcement, and the nostalgic memories about being able to watch a Halo tournament unfold over the course of a weekend, I can sense a general positivity toward Halo I haven’t seen in awhile. Let’s hope this weekend is a success. Reach fan or not.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mhunterjr said:

Haven't posted in a while,  but Esports Engine news got me hype.  We back?

I was talking with Moses about rent yesterday, if that's any indication.

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

yo are you a chef yet?

21 hours ago, Skor said:

Why do we need a full time tester to make a couple two base two tower maps? :kappa:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Why do we need a full time tester to make a couple two base two tower maps? :kappa:

I think you mean enough maps to replace the entire map pool with forge midship 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

whats the market looking like these days?

2 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

In my eyes, 343 is making this move purely to outsource tournament logistics & promotion, while having the only say in whether or not we can turn off sprint in tournaments, the map pool, starting weapons, timers, etc...

Total speculation: I would imagine 343 will have some kind of baseline that settings will be created from -- could be wrong though.

Overall it was a great decision to partner with them 100%.

1 hour ago, Joseph said:

1900 3br/2ba northern va

i cant believe i pay that much

tumblr_mos7cg5OH01rvua2oo2_500.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Part of the announcement is that Esports Eng gets to run their own tournaments separate from HCS. So I'm optimistic about there being LAN tournaments on good settings because even if 343 seeks to maintain complete control over HCS settings and keep them closer to vanilla than we'd like, Esports Eng still has permission to run their own tournaments. And if they have their own employee to work on settings, that would suggest that they would run their own settings on their non-HCS tournaments.

So, while I don't know how this will impact HCS settings, I do think that even if it didn't it would impact the tournament scene settings on the whole.

• Like (+1) 2

Adam being involved is a definite upside for Infinite. A lot of people and plans have done badly with Halo but hes one of a handful of people that have earned the trust to assume that whatever hes in control of will work correctly before we see it

9 hours ago, Craneteam said:

for your convenience:

Vir9znj.png

So Eric is no longer playing Halo? I mean kinda figured since he’s on a top tier apex team and he never streams halo anymore.

5 hours ago, Craneteam said:

1900 3br/2ba northern va

tumblr_mos7cg5OH01rvua2oo2_500.gif

I can finally participate in this!

$650 for a 400 sq ft effeciency in Corpus Christi, TX.

1 hour ago, Noodle said:

3k for a 3br/1ba in new yawk city

• WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

So Eric is no longer playing Halo? I mean kinda figured since he’s on a top tier apex team and he never streams halo anymore.

Gotta go what's going to actually make you some consistent money, unfortunately.

14 hours ago, Craneteam said:

yo are you a chef yet?

Nah, but I did manage to sell some cookies out of my home before the Christmas season.  Supposed to be sent off as opening crew for a new restaurant some time this year.

12 hours ago, Joseph said:

950/mo for rent+water for a 2bed in the most expensive part of my town right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Craneteam said:

1900 3br/2ba northern va

13 hours ago, Noodle said:

7 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

950/mo for rent+water for a 2bed in the most expensive part of my town right now.

Yeah, we're fucking back now boys. 

• Upvote (+1) 2