CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

Pit TS is the worst competitive gametype since Lockout TS. Change my mind.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

No. Just Flag.

It’ll be even slower in Reach bc the sniper is easier and the custom is worse. Just a bad call.

Thanks for the update. Cant they fix the OS now that its on a more powerful console? Iirc the os with the flaming trail caused frame drops on 360 so they didnt use it?

3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Thanks for the update. Cant they fix the OS now that its on a more powerful console? Iirc the os with the flaming trail caused frame drops on 360 so they didnt use it?

@Basu knows the OS limitations better than I do.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

@Basu knows the OS limitations better than I do.

I don't know all the details but basically: Without mods you can have 3x OS but thanks to Reach's laughable shield recharge speed it requires 5s of invulnerability which is pretty ridiculous. 

The flaming feet can be added for any additional shields. They look super goofy though and can cause frame drops. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like slayers. That being said, I don't have an argument to keep them but I could come up with a 10,000 word essay why they should be gone.

I don't mind them staying though because It's the only time I'm taking games from world champion professionals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Craneteam said:

yo @Wonderboy when's the next let's play coming out?

Maybe next week, schedule is pretty full with esports stuff and V day on the horizon. I'm playing in a 2v2 tournament with Jimbo this weekend so highlights/vods from that will be the main content pushed out over the busy period! Thanks for the support my friend

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Maybe next week, schedule is pretty full with esports stuff and V day on the horizon. I'm playing in a 2v2 tournament with Jimbo this weekend so highlights/vods from that will be the main content pushed out over the busy period! Thanks for the support my friend

Microsoft STore!?

In other news... former Bungie lead on Riots new esport FPS 

Also, sprint IS a classic arena style shooter mechanic.. 

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/38134035?sort=0&page=0&path=1

19 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Microsoft STore!?

From what I understand the MS store in London isn't participating in the grassroots stuff. But we'll be playing in the EuropaHalo 2v2 this Sunday for content creators and community members!

• Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

@TheSimms 

Is finally casting again feels like it been ages since that happened hopefully he’s actually casting and not stuck doing desk hosting.

• Fire (+1) 1

Can't help but not feel any excitement at all towards a Reach event, when Reach for MCC dropped I went through campaign but never touched MP, played MP to get the 50 game pass quest kills now, and yeah, Reach is a big oof. Never again sprint, and never again bloom, thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, theslatcher said:

Can't help but not feel any excitement at all towards a Reach event, when Reach for MCC dropped I went through campaign but never touched MP, played MP to get the 50 game pass quest kills now, and yeah, Reach is a big oof. Never again sprint, and never again bloom, thanks.

Well something tells me that CE and H2 on PC wont be viable for tournament so you better enjoy Reach until Infinite drops.

6 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Well something tells me that CE and H2 on PC wont be viable for tournament so you better enjoy Reach until Infinite drops.

We. Want. H2A. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

We. Want. H2A. 

Do we? Maybe with mod support that game could be decent. Remove shitmarkers and nade indicators, nerf bullet mag, add more maps. But it will always be a mediocre game as even at its best it's just the same old teamshot crap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

We. Want. H2A. 

Maybe scrubs do, but any self-respecting H2 player isnt going to compete in a version of the game with literally zero advanced mechanics and no button combos.

If you want H4 with no sprint...then just say that.

• Salt (-1) 2