CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

14 hours ago, Noodle said:

I hope that assault can be tested out on other maps or with different settings after this tournament, I don't wanna give up on it so quickly (although I've barley seen any play on it so not sure if there are fundamental issues with the gametype in Reach that I just don't understand).

The 5 second arm time plus a ?15? second period in which a team can disarm makes capping pretty tough, but it's possible some of this is adjustable within the settings.

9 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Absolutely none of that video means anything.

Empty words.

To you. But to someone who knows nothing about Halo it's everything they need to hear to give Xbox, Halo 5, Infinite or MCC a shot! 

I used to watch these types of videos when I was 5 and 6 years old and they were really important. I was sold on the idea of begging my parents to be involved in that world

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

The line about Infinite not being an amalgamation of every current shooter in the industry, and instead making Halo its own unique thing, that was the standout sentence for me. Whether it ends up being true remains to be seen, but at least they’ve pinpointed the biggest knock on them as a studio.

The company that copied CoD shit into H4 and H5, I believe it when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warlord Wossman said:

The company that copied CoD shit into H4 and H5, I believe it when I see it.

But they brought Halo 5 back to it's ROOTS. Remember? There was a whole marketing campaign about it. 

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

But they brought Halo 5 back to it's ROOTS. Remember? There was a whole marketing campaign about it. 

If H5 is their idea of roots, then the whole sickly tree can topple for all I care.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hully said:

If I were to take a guess hes probably making a move to an org that will pick him up as a pro in Apex.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:32 PM, MUSE_iC said:

If I were to take a guess hes probably making a move to an org that will pick him up as a pro in Apex.

REC is a very sought after team to be apart of and the players are very well looked after. You'd have to assume because they have an Apex team and no longer need a Halo team it may just no longer be economical to keep him on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Onslaught again? Really? Another forge map that in this case is a remake of a forge map?

17 minutes ago, Ugug said:

Onslaught again? Really? Another forge map that in this case is a remake of a forge map?

Where are you seeing this?  I can't seem to find anything. 

13 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Where are you seeing this?  I can't seem to find anything. 

I just saw the speculation I don't know if it's confirmed.

On 2/5/2020 at 4:28 PM, TheSimms said:

REC is a very sought after team to be apart of and the players are very well looked after. You'd have to assume because they have an Apex team and no longer need a Halo team it may just no longer be economical to keep him on.

I agree? Thats exactly why I posted that. Im sure REC could have kept him on as a content creator if they could come to an agreement since he does have a decent following on Twitch. I doubt thats what he wants though and hes pointed out before that he would prefer to focus completely on Apex. They already have an established Apex team, they dont need or want a Halo team right now (Im sure Snip3down probably isnt interested in Halo either at the moment). So it make sense for all parties plus he already posted on twitter that hes looking for another org for the upcoming Apex Season for him and his squad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ugug said:

I don't think it's being seriously considered, but I too have seen this map get suggested far  too many times in various circles. I'm disappointed that the competitive community doesn't have any more imagination than fucking Onslaught. We should be embarrassed that we played that map for as long as we did. It's more of a mini-game than a map.

I mean, I'm down for them cleaning up the map pool, but I'd rather we do something similar to the H5 refresh.  Have people submit a bunch of forge maps and see which ones work best. 

• Fire (+1) 1

If they wanted an easy pick they should've at least used Nexus or Simplex TS. Can't wait to watch pro teams stare at a giant wall for a 15 minutes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Wasnt Pit Slayer already a gametype?

No. Just Flag.

It’ll be even slower in Reach bc the sniper is easier and the custom is worse. Just a bad call.

• Upvote (+1) 1