CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

I still believe Slipspace will be "Microsofts" engine. So Gears of War will be moved to it, Fable 4 and Halo. Like Frostbite for EA. 

6 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I still believe Slipspace will be "Microsofts" engine. So Gears of War will be moved to it, Fable 4 and Halo. Like Frostbite for EA. 

Hope it's nothing like Frostbite. I hear horror stories about it all the time.

1 minute ago, The Tyco said:

Hope it's nothing like Frostbite. I hear horror stories about it all the time.

I also have heard stories about that. Anthem, Army of Two 3 and Medal of Honor all struggled with it. The pipeline is apparently SHOCKING.

14 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I also have heard stories about that. Anthem, Army of Two 3 and Medal of Honor all struggled with it. The pipeline is apparently SHOCKING.

according to that article, unless youre working on battlefield or fifa, you arent getting internal support which explains how ME:A shipped so buggy and broken

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rumpojec said:

Looks like Neptune is eyeing the jump.

lol do we really think a 25 mil buy in franchised cod league will survive very long?

• Fire (+1) 1

Is it a "jump" if you're letting go of a piece of driftwood to get on board a luxury yacht?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Is it a "jump" if you're letting go of a piece of driftwood to get on board a luxury yacht?

Depends on how many esports enthusiasts there are

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, Shekkles said:

I doubt GEARS would do that.... Gears is Unreal Engine

4 hours ago, znot said:

I doubt GEARS would do that.... Gears is Unreal Engine

Yes but slipspace means MS doesn't have to pay epic

• Upvote (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

We really about to play Penance at a major LAN arent we?

In the finals baby 

and battle canyon literally every series lmao. Let's just do more action sack instead

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

57 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Holy shit that was impressively quick

Good on UGC

We didn't even get a solid Craneteam King of the Hill meme out of this, they were so quick

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, Shekkles said:

sounds like a major leap to get on board the yacht from the driftwood. 

• Toxic (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Riddler said:

sounds like a major leap to get on board the yacht from the driftwood. 

They have a ladder that comes down called "salaries"

On 1/16/2020 at 11:42 PM, Shekkles said:

Someone spoke about this on a broadcast and mentioned that it was entirely new and still had multiple pieces from older iterations of Halos past, would this mean they might not be able to use it? (sorry i have no idea how engines work)

• Thonking (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

Some one spoke about it on a broadcast and confirmed that it was not new and still had multiple pieces from older iterations of Halo so they might not be able to use it? (sorry i have no idea how engines work)

Source on this? If this is true we have been majorly bamboozled. Every Halo has been on a "new engine" which is just a modified version of the previous game's engine. So what was this five year gap all about?

4 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Someone spoke about this on a broadcast and mentioned that it was entirely new and still had multiple pieces from older iterations of Halos past, would this mean they might not be able to use it? (sorry i have no idea how engines work)

6 hours ago, TheSimms said:

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, TheSimms said:

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TheSimms said:

I have no doubt it's built off the Halo 3/R/4/5 engine, but the fact that they're giving it a fancy new name means that they want it's name out there. That way they can add "slipspace" onto things. 

Such as "Gears 6: Powered by Slipspace A MICROSOFT TECHNOLOGY"

In case anyone else was curious, these are the six gametypes that are being tested by the pros for a new tournament gametype pool:

• Sanctuary Bomb
  • Zealot Bomb
  • Onslaught CTF
  • Simplex CTF
  • Simplex Slayer
  • Splash KotH

As far as I have gathered, there's no set goal on how many gametypes to add or remove but the potential gametypes for removal are Battle Canyon CTF, Battle Canyon Slayer, and Penance Slayer.

• Like (+1) 1