CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

I think a solo que that could feed players into multiple playlists could work.  You only play against other solos but you may end up in Team Slayer or Team Objective or Team Snipers et c.  

A "Solo Que" checkbox would be dope. Put the onus on the player. If it's taking too long to get a game, uncheck the box.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Hey mates, not sure if this is quite the way to go about this but I was looking for the "Promote yourself" thread to no avail so here I am. I've recently started a Halo gameplay series on youtube that I'd love some feedback on, the series is focusing on Halo 5 Team Slayer matches with an eye to edit games down into easily digestible episodes.

My gameplay and editing aren't the best but I'm learning and improving both as the series progresses, would mean a lot if anyone has some feedback on the first few editions before I resume recording next week. Here's the playlist link/embed, love u all

WB

p.s. ignore the fragmenting video in ep 1, it's fixed from 2 onwards

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Hey mates, not sure if this is quite the way to go about this but I was looking for the "Promote yourself" thread to no avail so here I am. I've recently started a Halo gameplay series on youtube that I'd love some feedback on, the series is focusing on Halo 5 Team Slayer matches with an eye to edit games down into easily digestible episodes.

My gameplay and editing aren't the best but I'm learning and improving both as the series progresses, would mean a lot if anyone has some feedback on the first few editions before I resume recording next week. Here's the playlist link/embed, love u all

WB

p.s. ignore the fragmenting video in ep 1, it's fixed from 2 onwards

i definitely enjoyed watching you play and narrate the gameplay. do you have any plans to do reach or are you going to stick to h5 till infinite? either way i've subbed and am looking forward to more

24 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

i definitely enjoyed watching you play and narrate the gameplay. do you have any plans to do reach or are you going to stick to h5 till infinite? either way i've subbed and am looking forward to more

Thanks mate :fire: I'd love to do Reach or MCC PC but right now the theatre capabilities are non existent, and a big part of the series in my eyes is being able to use freecam for alternate angles/replays etc. which add to the watchability of it all. So without that it (coupled with the fact I absolutely suck at Reach), it makes more sense in my eyes to stick with H5 for now

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Hard Way said:

A "Solo Que" checkbox would be dope. Put the onus on the player. If it's taking too long to get a game, uncheck the box.

Thats the thing though they aren't protecting that queue time. Its the larger teams that won't find games if people start using that not the smaller ones. All of the poor MM parameters based around team size exist simply to make sure they can get games at a decent rate at the expense of everyone else

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Thats the thing though they aren't protecting that queue time. Its the larger teams that won't find games if people start using that not the smaller ones. All of the poor MM parameters based around team size exist simply to make sure they can get games at a decent rate at the expense of everyone else

"i JuSt WaNt To PLaY wiTh My FriEnDs". Idk why we've been catering to to4 who want to stomp ever since 2010.

• Downvote (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Basu said:

"i JuSt WaNt To PLaY wiTh My FriEnDs". Idk why we've been catering to to4 who want to stomp ever since 2010.

Because Halo hasn't had enough players to not doing this since 2010.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Zavehi said:

Because Halo hasn't had enough players to not doing this since 2010.

This is why making a good game is the real solution. MM is going to be shitty for someone no matter what we do as long as we're struggling with a population that's unworkable with appropriate/fair MM settings as far as team sizes go. Its a bunch of guys working with the tools they have after being left with problems caused by something way above their position. Its unfortunate too because I'm sure poor MM experiences contribute to an ever lower population over time so no matter what they do its going to continue to get worse until we reach the point where the only people left are the ones either abusing the situation or literally just don't care unless they do something to improve the game itself to attract larger numbers of people

My personal solution for MCC would be to just give it to everyone with an Xbox for free. Its really the only way I can see a big enough population boost to create the type of environment we need for a healthy game. Its also 5 years old at this point so I doubt they're raking in the first time sales on Xbox

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/11/2020 at 8:26 AM, Basu said:

"Allowing" is not "catering". Just for clarity there. I don't think 343 are pro-to4 pubstomp, they just allow it.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Wonderboy said:

Thanks mate :fire: I'd love to do Reach or MCC PC but right now the theatre capabilities are non existent, and a big part of the series in my eyes is being able to use freecam for alternate angles/replays etc. which add to the watchability of it all. So without that it (coupled with the fact I absolutely suck at Reach), it makes more sense in my eyes to stick with H5 for now

funny enough the theater files are in the game but there's no way to access them even out of game. They're displayed as a mp4 video but it's not playable for some DUMB ASS reason.

C:\Users\jesse\AppData\LocalLow\MCC\Temporary\UserContent\HaloReach\Movie

edit: actually maybe these aren't theater files looking at the names now. well they're certainly something cause they're listed with the custom maps and gametypes we download.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/9/2020 at 6:40 PM, Wonderboy said:

Hey mates, not sure if this is quite the way to go about this but I was looking for the "Promote yourself" thread to no avail so here I am.

- the focus is on what you're saying so always have something for our eyes to watch. strictly the action. edit the video so you skip through slow parts and most death screens. 

- use obs to record some reach on pc!

+ i really like the idea that you didn't let your sickness get in the way of releasing this 

+ loved the intro! good work

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, znot said:

funny enough the theater files are in the game but there's no way to access them even out of game. They're displayed as a mp4 video but it's not playable for some DUMB ASS reason.

C:\Users\jesse\AppData\LocalLow\MCC\Temporary\UserContent\HaloReach\Movie

edit: actually maybe these aren't theater files looking at the names now. well they're certainly something cause they're listed with the custom maps and gametypes we download.

It's kinda strange that Reach didn't launch with Theater honestly, kinda frustrating for content creators. Here's hoping it gets updated in the future!

8 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

- the focus is on what you're saying so always have something for our eyes to watch. strictly the action. edit the video so you skip through slow parts and most death screens. 

- use obs to record some reach on pc!

+ i really like the idea that you didn't let your sickness get in the way of releasing this 

+ loved the intro! good work

Thanks for the feedback buddy! As the series progresses as will my editing, at episode 3 and I'm already feeling a flow of how I want the episodes to play which honestly is a pretty rewarding feeling. Miss you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

They literally just disabled the menu entry for Forge on PC, the entire thing including the new pieces is already there. But theater seems to be completely absent.

With the current pace of development it's going to take months before official forge and theater drop on PC.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm looking forward to seeing if they can even get it all out before Infinite. Unless they start dropping tons of content all at once they look pretty behind already

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Thanks for the feedback buddy! As the series progresses as will my editing, at episode 3 and I'm already feeling a flow of how I want the episodes to play which honestly is a pretty rewarding feeling. Miss you

You bet. I just started editing too. It ain't easy haha. I look forward to your future content. Miss you too, amigo!

2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I'm looking forward to seeing if they can even get it all out before Infinite. Unless they start dropping tons of content all at once they look pretty behind already

ikr, Infinite launches end of the year, unless it's delayed which I'm putting money on...

Yet they claim to want to hold flights for infinite, when the hell will they start. If MCC continues down this path, well have to pick what flight to play, do I want to play the Halo Infinite flight, or H2 MCC flight? Let's be honest, half into jan and no word on CE yet. H2 won't be flighted till FUCKING April.

Honestly in typical 343 I bet they changed their plans midway through without telling anybody. I'm betting they're hiring more studios to get ALL the work done now. THey showed HCE and H2 with the 120+ framerates. It's making me think they're working on getting all the games out faster than doing one at a time. Hope I'm fucking wrong, cause they did say they would work on the main flight game (CE) while a smaller team prepares the next game for flights (h2).

That could be what those screenshots are from, but I'm still betting 343 are trying to rush all games out at once. MS probably doesn't want the staggered release interfering with Halo 6 marketing or flights

14 hours ago, znot said:

ikr, Infinite launches end of the year, unless it's delayed which I'm putting money on...

Xbox has advertised it as a launch title, so that would either entail delaying the console or completely pissing off a lot of people by not having a flagship game at launch.  It's more likely that it'll take less time to port the other games since the groundwork has already been laid but we shall see. 

It's more likely that Infinite will come out half-baked like H5 and MCC did (twice) than the game or even the new Xbox getting delayed.

• Like (+1) 7

49 minutes ago, Basu said:

It's more likely that Infinite will come out half-baked like H5 and MCC did (twice) than the game or even the new Xbox getting delayed.

We need a dismayed upvote option for posts like this.

• Like (+1) 6

5 hours ago, Sody91 said:

We need a dismayed upvote option for posts like this.

I said it before and I'll say it again. H5 had an established engine and still launched with barely any gametypes that it has now. KOTH, Oddball, forge came so late (but worth it), maps (shitty ones at that)

Infinite has a new engine they're making and I don't know if they'll be able to craft an engine, a game and have time left to fill it with the proper content for launch. If h5 couldn't do that with an already working engine, I don't see infinite doing it.

But on the other hand maybe the last engine was harder to get content into.

See I remember reading way back when that H5 was supposed to be on a new engine. Might have been the same info dump pastebin that teased halo: arena and halo: battlefield.

15 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

See I remember reading way back when that H5 was supposed to be on a new engine. Might have been the same info dump pastebin that teased halo: arena and halo: battlefield.

Every Halo game has been on a "new engine" when it's convenient for marketing. Unless they need an excuse to not add more weapon skins or slots for local files then it's "a legacy engine limitation".

• Like (+1) 4
  • Salt (-1) 2