CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

Just now, Proto said:

I believe the CE stream from the last event was run by a production company/team involved with Hi-Rez Studios, the company Gandhi works for. He of course also casted that event and I'm fairly certain he had a good amount of involvement in terms of having Hi-Rez produce the stream. They did a really great job as you said with the overlay - providing timers for weapons and powerups 

Yea I knew it was a different company, just not sure why they dropped them for this event.  I'd have to assume it's because they didn't want to be involved (which is fine).  Either way though, it's still no excuse for having mismatching graphics and only one teams PoV. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fatal Ambition had been rolling through this event but Goldmembers showed up to play today and wins with a 3-0.

Tomorrow is going to be incredibly fun to watch. This tournament is very up in the air at this point. Any team within that Top 6 could win. The only front runner now with this loss from Fatal Ambition would be Lux Gaming.

Sometimes I look at stuff like this and say "whoa, they're getting old".

Then I remember that I'm 31 with my own gray hairs attempting to form on my beard and chuckle quietly, sadly, and mirthlessly.

EDIT: Wild OGRE1 appears in the CE chat.

• Like (+1) 3

@Hard WayGonna be at work morning till night so can't catch the stream, but thank you for arranging for 1v1s with Zyos. I look forward to viewing the VoD tomorrow night. Make sure they play Wizard!

• Simms (+1) 1

Great gameplay and great casting @Hard Way.  Felt authentic.  Good vibe, high energy, like old friends hanging out.  Man, that CE stream was so enjoyable to watch.  Legend, my god, that sniper.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Great gameplay and great casting @Hard Way.  Felt authentic.  Good vibe, high energy, like old friends hanging out.  Man, that CE stream was so enjoyable to watch.  Legend, my god, that sniper.  

Thank you fellas. It was a genuine joy to be a part of. I hope that came through in the broadcast. Calling the finals with Zyos was a little surreal. I’m so glad that all worked out the way it did.

He’s a really nice guy too. We chatted for a while beforehand, and it was just a really cool experience for me. I remember watching that guy play when I was a freshman in college in ‘05, and later catching up on everything he did in H1, it was just really cool. He was really humble too, talking about how cool it was that we named the Priz doorway jump after him. I never knew what to call it, so I started calling it that after watching his 1v1 with Ogre 2 on Priz. Since I’m the only guy that casts H1, some of the names I use for parts of the map stick a little bit. So that was a cool moment too (I have no idea if other people called it that before me, but I know I arrived at that name on my own).

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

11:30am EST: H1 1v1, Zyos vs Patch

delta stream.

Thanks for the info Hard Way. Btw, great job casting d00d, makes the cast that much more enjoyable.

Have to get some more  games in again sometime.

• Like (+1) 1

Damn what happened to the forums?? There used to be constant chatter in here. I've been gone for a while. Also i'm sad to see that this tourney not even breaking past 2k views :(

1 minute ago, L0l0 said:

Damn what happened to the forums?? There used to be constant chatter in here. I've been gone for a while. Also i'm sad to see that this tourney not even breaking past 2k views :(

I don't know about the forums, but it's a pretty packed weekend for esports.  OWL Playoffs,, Dreamhack and all of their games (including Rocket League and Rainbow 6), and then there's the CSGO Major final. 

Just now, Trespa5s said:

I don't know about the forums, but it's a pretty packed weekend for esports.  OWL Playoffs,, Dreamhack and all of their games (including Rocket League and Rainbow 6), and then there's the CSGO Major final. 

And LoL Regional Finals as well...and college football and NFL opening week...

Is it just me, though, or does this gameplay look way sloppier than the Halo 3 of 8 years ago?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, TiberiusAudley said:

And LoL Regional Finals as well...and college football and NFL opening week...

Is it just me, though, or does this gameplay look way sloppier than the Halo 3 of 8 years ago?

Forgot about Football starting too.  

And sloppier in what way?

Sorry we couldn’t get that 1v1 up. I showed up and Zyos showed up, but that was it. I feel like I lied to the stream last night :(

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, L0l0 said:

You kinda hit the nail on the head. Most people just left when the hcs did. Plus there was the moses drama when he split. Hopefully everything picks up whenever infinite drops. Hopefully they launch with a big event run by @Clap and his crew to kick things off

There should be a tournament with no comms. Just to see how good teams are straight up. Kinda annoying that the optimal way to play is a headache inducing jumble of noises from 4 people. Let's see people play solely off their own awareness. Would be godly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1