CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

On 9/3/2019 at 6:35 PM, Snipe Three said:

Is there any actual footage of NA ESL recently that displays that? Not trying to be a dick or anything I'm genuinely curious if its actually significantly different now. I'm sure a lot of people are just in a place with ESL after trying to watch H5 that they need to see it to believe it

ESL has never been a bad TO, they just didn't care about Halo. They've always been top tier in CS, R6, Dota (i think I don't follow dota). What we need is a TO that actually cares about growing and hosting our game, the way MLG did back in the day

7 minutes ago, andregr said:

ESL has never been a bad TO, they just didn't care about Halo. They've always been top tier in CS, R6, Dota (i think I don't follow dota). What we need is a TO that actually cares about growing and hosting our game, the way MLG did back in the day

That's actually a big reason I said NA ESL. I've seen the EU side of things do really well but it felt like an entirely different entity in NA with Halo even just comparing to EU Halo broadcasts in the same time frame and not other games with far more money behind them. During H5 it always felt important to me to differentiate the two because really the EU guys were doing a fine job and seemed to just do everything better as a viewer so it felt weird to just say ESL

12 hours ago, andregr said:

ESL DotA has fallen a lot in quality and they got a shit -ton of flak for poor events coinciding with moving their streams to facebook + dmca'ing people streaming games from majors through steam. for the record, valve has explicitly stated that anyone can stream any game through their client as long as they dont infringe on TO casts by using their observer or cast audio. esl ignored this and got a lot of twitch streams banned or taken down

On 9/3/2019 at 11:35 PM, Snipe Three said:

Is there any actual footage of NA ESL recently that displays that? Not trying to be a dick or anything I'm genuinely curious if its actually significantly different now. I'm sure a lot of people are just in a place with ESL after trying to watch H5 that they need to see it to believe it

Unfortunately not, all i can say is that if there is ever any future ESL activations in Halo I personally will most likely be playing a larger role in them and i’ll be doing my best to ensure mistakes are not repeated.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

Unfortunately not, all i can say is that if there is ever any future ESL activations in Halo I personally will most likely be playing a larger role in them and i’ll be doing my best to ensure mistakes are not repeated.

Image result for that does put a smile on my face

• Like (+1) 1

Ahh i still hope 343 has something great in store for us with H6 esports. Something, that will be remembered for other things than technical issues, championship mondays, kpop festivities...and balloons.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TheSimms said:

That's still better than nothing though. Nobody could question you personally as far as your desire to see halo succeed or the effort you've made towards communicating with the fans and players so it sounds like it would have to be better in some fashion were you to play a bigger role in things. You're actually one of the big reasons its hard to criticize ESL and/or Halo streams because you really do a great job all the time and have often helped make poor technical difficulties or bracket setups bearable along with the other casters  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TheSimms said:

All I can say is I'm director of ESL Halo now

My somewhat bold prediction for this weekend:

Trippey has a top 5 individual performance and with that, his team places Top 4 if not breaks into the Top 3. The kid has some damn good potential. 

UGC Halo Classic Atlantic City 2019 - H3

Seeded Teams:

1.  TOX - Snakebite, Lethul, Royal 2, APG
  2.  Mantra - Ace, Neighbor, BubuDubu, D3m0n D
  3.  Aspire eSports - Str8Sick, Aries, Shele, Fantasy
  4.  Goldmembers - Eco, Frosty, Pistola, Snipedown
  5.  Lux Gaming - Goofy, RyaNoob, Gilk3y, Gabriel
  6.  Fatal Ambition- Tripppey, Penguin, Commonly, Rayne
  7.  Nfinite INC - Falcated, Shotzzy, Sabinater, Blaze
  8.  The Goobers4 - Zurka, Cloud, Deputy Goober, Omega
  9.  RBG eSports - Employee, Skary, Rowan, Display
  10.  Guardians Gaming - Queen, Black Halogod, Guntype, Weakachu
  11.  Incontrol - Common, Ryno, Psylince, Dren
  12. Carnage Gaming - Hoaxer, Posey, Lifestyle, EliElite

Source

Pools:

Pool A - TOX, The Goobers4, RBG eSports, Sicka Than Yo Average

Pool B - Mantra, Nfinite INC, Guardians Gaming, Team Argo

Pool C - Aspire eSports, Fatal Ambition, Incontrol, FXGB 8ighty 2wenty

Pool D - Goldmembers, Lux Gaming, Carnage Gaming, RBL eSports

Source

Streams:

Primary (Twitch) | Primary (Mixer)

Feature Station Bravo

Feature Station Charlie

Quad Stream (Red Team) | Quad Stream (Blue Team)

Stream Schedule:

Friday Start Time: 2pm EST

Match One (2PM):

TOX vs. The Goobers4 (Main Stage)

Mantra vs. Nfinite INC (Feature 1)

Aspire eSports vs. Fatal Ambition (Feature 2)

Match Two (4pm):

Mantra vs. Guardians (Main Stage)

The Goobers4 vs. RBG (Feature 1)

All-Stars vs. Carnage Gaming (Feature 2)

Match Three (6pm):

Fatal Ambition vs. Side Effect (Main Stage)

Lux Gaming vs. Carnage Gaming (Feature 1)

Nfinite INC vs. Guardians (Feature 2)

Match Four (8pm):

All-Stars v s. Lux Gaming (Main Stage)

Aspire eSports vs. Side Effect (Feature 1)

TOX vs. RBG (Feature 2)

Saturday Start Time: 10am EST

Match One (10am):

RGB vs. Sicka Than Yo Average (Main Stage)

Carnage Gaming vs. RBL eSports (Feature 1)

Guardians Gaming vs. Team Argo (Feature 2)

Match Two (12pm):

Nfinite INC vs. Team Argo (Main Stage)

TOX vs. Sicka Than Yo Average (Feature 1)

Incontrol vs. FXGB (Feature 2)

Match Three (2pm)

Aspire vs. FXGB (Main Stage)

Goldmembers vs. RBL eSports (Feature 1)

Mantra vs. Team Argo (Feature 2)

Sunday Start Time: 9am EST

Brackets:

Armature Bracket

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5

It's like someone showed me the face of the Banksy of esports. As someone with a stat-keeping beard, that's a proper stat-keeping beard

• Like (+1) 4

I gotta leave for work in an hour and will probably avoid this thread and Twitter to avoid spoilers while I slowly catch up on VoDs (I work this weekend), but if there ever is any bracket information made available please DM me and I'll add the link to my info post.

On the one hand, it kinda sucks that two of the three best matches of the day (Mantra vs. Nfinite INC, Aspire eSports vs. Fatal Ambition) are being played at the same time and neither are on main stage, but on the other hand it's great that we get to have THREE streams for the tournament on top of another stream showing the 2v2 tournaments (with two quad streams on top of it!).

EDIT: Bravo has player cams now? Awesome! Loving the work UGC is putting into these events. It's great seeing these Grassroots tournaments have things that the official tournaments did not. Hope this type of thing continues moving into Infinite.

• Like (+1) 1

Realized it was displaying the old tournament as soon as I clicked it - hand up, that mistake is on me. Forgive my mistake fellow forum users PepeHands

Man, It's been a long ass time since I watched some Halo. Helluva first map to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1