Jump to content
CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Wait, what happened?

Someone on Nfinite was trying to play ball and it fell into the spot under the stump where the ball gets stuck.  The spot couldn't be fixed so MLG declared it illegal if used in tournament play.  Should technically be a forfeit of the game but they must've agreed just to replay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Morachip said:

Someone on Nfinite was trying to play ball and it fell into the spot under the stump where the ball gets stuck.  The spot couldn't be fixed so MLG declared it illegal if used in tournament play.  Should technically be a forfeit of the game but they must've agreed just to replay.

 

But didn't they play through it until the end? Did Sage just cry after losing or something?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

But didn't they play through it until the end? Did Sage just cry after losing or something?

The ball didn't sit there for very long, I'm guessing Nfinite threw a nade to bounce it out once they realized it fell there or something.  The ball did actually get played shortly afterwards and it was quick so maybe Sage wasn't quite sure what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

Roy/Ola told me that the online thing is probably wrong, they’ve been told they’re in pool 4 based on the open results. We’ll see eventually anyways haha

Oh shit, inside scoop.


I see Trippey on GMS, did Penguin find another squad?
EDIT: he's on Lux Gaming with Gilkey, Wanwerd and Rayne.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Oh shit, inside scoop.


I see Trippey on GMS, did Penguin find another squad?

As far as I know, Penguin was the odd one out in all the musical chairs the last couple of weeks. Zzurka and Tripppey got in with GMS in the end when Neighbor and Ace left.

Edit: Just saw your edit :D glad he found a team in the end

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Man Falling is looking dangerous.
Love seeing Frosty back in Halo doing work.

I’m interested to see how their objective work is against top squads like tox, rec, and nfinite. Eco is the only one on that squad who has traditionally been an objective focused player so will be interesting to see if they run into any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

I’m interested to see how their objective work is against top squads like tox, rec, and nfinite. Eco is the only one on that squad who has traditionally been an objective focused player so will be interesting to see if they run into any issues.

Eco is a good fit to the squad. They all know how to play the game, but I feel like some players just naturally gravitate to a more slay heavy role, so it's good to have a guy like Eco on the team.
I do feel those three teams and Falling will be our top four for this tournament.

But I'm rooting for REC all day baby!!!

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Eco is a good fit to the squad. They all know how to play the game, but I feel like some players just naturally gravitate to a more slay heavy role, so it's good to have a guy like Eco on the team.
I do feel those three teams and Falling will be our top four for this tournament.

But I'm rooting for REC all day baby!!!

Let’s go REC!!

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Knighty Knight said:

Yeah. Every Dreamhack has super loud concerts. I remember trying to cast over it in Atlanta 2017 and it was impossible

It’s literally intolerable the bass is so fucking loud

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.