CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Craneteam said:

i really hope they announce a beta at the gameplay reveal in july

Well a Beta has already been confirmed, but hopefully we'll get a date for it. 

iGoturPistola and TriPPPeY went back to more familiar teammates in Pznguin and Saiyan. Bound was running games with Pryde, not sure what Neptune is up to.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

Always enjoyed the local 2v2's at the stores.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, CyReN said:
Always enjoyed the local 2v2's at the stores.

Microsoft spraying RoundUp on the grassroots.

• Like (+1) 6

I know not every community saw success, and obviously it's not worth keeping a chain of stores open for Halo kids to get together. But it was the most active my city, and even my province, had been in many years in terms of Halo. Our LANs went from being between me and three friends I grew up with, to having a dozen or so locals who liked getting together at its peak. Then we'd have some stragglers at each one as well.

Really unfortunate that these scenes won't get the upcoming Infinite boost either. A new game plus store events promoted at launch could have been big I feel.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:33 PM, Craneteam said:

i really hope they announce a beta at the gameplay reveal in july

"Halo: Infinite beta starts November 19th, just one day before the games launch on the 20th!"

• Like (+1) 3

enhanced mobility was always in the game, who knew?!?! Except you never have to put your weapon down and it's actually skillful instead of just holding a button

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Gosh I hope they release full H3 MCC on PC soon I already miss watching the pros play $8s every night. There’s something about competitive CE, H2, and H3 that just never gets old.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Commander Eagle said:

Gosh I hope they release full H3 MCC on PC soon I already miss watching the pros play $8s every night. There’s something about competitive CE, H2, and H3 that just never gets old.

Hmmm, I wonder what that something is.. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still very excited to see gameplay. There is a lot you can dissect from in-game footage. If they don't show any multiplayer but the beta is announced for August or September I'll be happy. 

We really need at least some kinda MP news, but preferably a beta date. It's too damn late as it is.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

I'm still very excited to see gameplay. There is a lot you can dissect from in-game footage. If they don't show any multiplayer but the beta is announced for August or September I'll be happy. 

Oh I’d be perfectly happy with only campaign footage if we got a beta announcement within a couple of months. With how the marketing for this game has gone though I just don’t see it happening. I would love to be surprised though...

I'm been watching Frosty's stream the last couple of days when he's been streaming H5. I haven't really watched his streams much before, but what really struck me is how even though everyone would always talk about him for his movement/shot, his communication is absolutely incredible. He doesn't just do the calling out of oneshots or where the enemy team is, but succinctly explains what he's doing and the exact things that individual members of his team can do to support. It's really no wonder he was such a phenom in H5, he's just such an incredibly well rounded player. Really disappointing that COD won't let him compete in Infinite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

I'm so confused, my brain can't decide if its terrified of what's gonna be revealed or excited.

Just about to get this underway for those of you that are interested. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

I'm so confused, my brain can't decide if its terrified of what's gonna be revealed or excited.

You're excited.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:30 AM, Knighty Knight said:

You're excited.

I'm half expecting to see a grappling hook and wall running within the first minute

14 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

I'm half expecting to see a grappling hook and wall running within the first minute

Halo Infinite: Parkour Evolved