CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

I like the way Oldschool Runescape makes gameplay decisions by allowing players to vote on them. I suspect if 343 employed that method then the community would not have approved of adding screen-tearing to the game.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, MUSE_iC said:

C5lYXSi_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Couldn’t they have gotten gsync/freesync capable equipment?

There's a lot of solutions to screen tearing and it makes this a pretty confusing issue to be rocking in 2020 it would be cool to see an explanation

• Like (+1) 1

Jesus that comeback was nuts. 

Holy shit that entire series was bonkers.  Good stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

I will die on this  hill saying that allowing controllers in PC Halo events is stupid when there are already console Halo events.

Hill contested.

When they make a Halo title viable for Mouse and Keyboard on PC I will accept controller-free tournaments.

Hill controlled. Gained the lead.

• Fire (+1) 5

46 minutes ago, GunRanger said:

Any link to buy that final boss jacket

They only sold it at Worlds 2018 as far as I know. MLG still owns all the rights to those so they probably won't ever be sold again.

14 hours ago, MUSE_iC said:

C5lYXSi_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Couldn’t they have gotten gsync/freesync capable equipment?

Why don't they just play on xbox?

I don't get all this PC stuff, why would PC players care about Halo? Very confusing to a guy of such humble origins like myself.

1 hour ago, logfish111 said:

Why don't they just play on xbox?

I don't get all this PC stuff, why would PC players care about Halo? Very confusing to a guy of such humble origins like myself.

Basically, they're wanting to test it out to see if it's viable for when Infinite rolls around.  I'm really hoping this doesn't mean they're planning on ditching console completely though, because they've been relatively mum on the whole thing so far.   

That FFA could have really used a 3 shot pistol.  

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

The music they're playing during intermissions makes me feel like I'm back in the mid 2000's and I love it.

• Like (+1) 1

Well that was unexpected! Still expect Sentinels to be back for the GF as the other 2 teams haven’t shown the same caliber as Mantra. Sentinels gotta step up their game if they want a chance against Mantra though, Mantra won 2/4 of the games convincingly, and that Nexus hill choke was not a good look for Sentinels.

Sentinels really surprised me with a relatively lackluster performance. 

Sure, I guess it could be chalked up to Bubu simply being in the zone the entire time, but Sentinels' roster is just so solid that it surprises me that they could lose so hard.

Looking forward to a comeback. Lethul can't go out like that.

I am not super surprised, as i am not taking those classic tournaments that seriously, but still, did not expect such convincing victory.

Not even sure i like hi level ZB Reach all that much. Jetpack sniping on Sanctuary is a joke.

That has to be the most confusing Countdown flag I've ever seen. 

Unllimited have such talented players but don’t have the OBJ glue. They’ll probably win this game 5 but they have no chance against Sentinels.

Stellur just got a sniper spree and a killing frenzy. The dude's dominating like he's playing social slayer. 

EDIT: And there's the game 5 steaktacular. Stellur went 17-3-3.

How many KoTH final hill chokes is that from sentinels this tourney? 3 right? 

This is just big brain time from Sentinels. The reverse sweep will make Halo exciting again. /s

1 hour ago, Commander Eagle said:

Unllimited have such talented players but don’t have the OBJ glue. They’ll probably win this game 5 but they have no chance against Sentinels.

Well...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Wow how wrong was I. Crazy for a team we’ve come to expect so much consistency from for them to not even pull out a single game on Championship Sunday. Hoping for a great series between Mantra and Unllimited.