CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

If you want H4 with no sprint...then just say that.

H2A has descope, not flinch.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Honestly H2A and v7 aren't that dissimilar.  If we can get static weapon spawns (which they're looking at doing), and add some forge maps, it'd be pretty close to what we have now. You get a burst fire weapon, nade markers and an easier sniper in exchange for better maps and a fresh coat of graphical paint.

I wouldn't mind seeing it. I guess I'm just salty that they stayed so conservative with the gametype/map pool for Reach. There's so much missed potential with the NBNS settings.

Didn't H2A forge have some issue so we couldn't use forge maps? 

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

H2A has descope, not flinch.  

Ok....and?

No still Midship, no Creek, no way to cancel the cooldown or lag time of your moves.  I simply do not understand the fascination with H2A.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

On 2/17/2020 at 5:44 AM, Basu said:

Do we? Maybe with mod support that game could be decent. Remove shitmarkers and nade indicators, nerf bullet mag, add more maps. But it will always be a mediocre game as even at its best it's just the same old teamshot crap.

The tournaments were exciting as hell.  (Mikwens sniping at UGC, the 6 replays at finals between CLG and Noble, etc)  Overall the game played real well too. I do agree hitmarkers, lack of observer mode, and small map pool held it back.

TBH I would have preferred Halo 5 just kept going and Grassroots been totally up to the community. It had good attendance towards the end of its run and its even getting decent numbers still. Last night a small SWAT tournament held 160 viewers for about 5 hours and it had almost zero down time.

@OG Nick I remember a forged map was used for FFA

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eh..I was really hoping too see them back at home under NRG esports with Hecz instead of whoever this Sentinels org is.

14 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

Eh..I was really hoping too see them back at home under NRG esports with Hecz instead of whoever this Sentinels org is.

nrg just let go of the optic gears team, there is no way they'd then pick up halo. maybe infinite can get orgs interested again, but somehow i dont see it happening

On 2/16/2020 at 10:21 AM, Squatting Bear said:

Well something tells me that CE and H2 on PC wont be viable for tournament so you better enjoy Reach until Infinite drops.

I hope your wrong for our sake lol. Would love one last h2 tournament 

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Slayer said:

I hope your wrong for our sake lol. Would love one last h2 tournament 

Reach killed the competitive scene and has gotten over $152K pumped into it....

Halo 2 had events broadcasted on TV and quadruple the number of registered teams per event but gets ghosted by 343/HCS.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, valaea said:

I haven't posted here IN A WHILE  but....

:fire::weback:

• Like (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, Morachip said:

:prayers:

To this day, Halo being casted by anyone other than Puckett just doesn’t feel right to me.

• Like (+1) 4

Big news. Obviously wait to see what the schedule actually looks like but honestly I just can't imagine it being lackluster with those boys behind it.

Now we just need a serviceable game...

• Like (+1) 1

I felt a pulse on the Halo competitive corpse. Maybe it's not dead?

• Like (+1) 2

sounds like 343 is pouring a ton of money into this so we'll see ... can someone explain MLG's cringe rebranding to me lol (Esports Engine, really?), Google is not explaining it very well

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Just now, valaea said:

sounds like 343 is pouring a ton of money into this so we'll see ... can someone explain MLG's cringe rebranding to me lol (Esports Engine, really?), Google is not explaining it very well

That's because it's not MLG.  Apicella and co. left MLG and started their own thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I think this is the biggest piece of news that has come out of the partnership. If EsportsEng is having a position for someone to make Halo settings that means either (a) 343 will have less control on the HCS settings because they are working with a TO on them or (b) 343 will continue to maintain total control on internal testing for HCS settings but a TO will still be around to run tournaments on their own settings should they feel a need to improve on the HCS settings.

This is great!

I'm optimistic that we will not have to wait two years to have open LAN tournaments that do not have motion tracker or autos.

• Like (+1) 3