CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, arglactable said:

I wonder why you didn't bring up any of the much more mechanically demanding big boy tier one esports that no one in their right mind would play with a controller like CSGO, DotA 2, League of Legends, Rainbow Six, and even Overwatch. Instead you threw the tiny number of respectable "controller esports" (Rocket League and 2D Fighters) in with a bunch of joke casual games designed for 12-year-olds that only have "esports" scenes because boomer execs know it's a trendy growth industry and Hi-Rez Studios' watered down knock offs of better, more popular games. It's a real mystery to me why you would do that.

:walshy:

It will never stop being pathetic that grown adults have egos about playing games with objectively inferior input devices. It's fine to prefer playing games casually from your couch, but stop deluding yourself. No one is competing with an Xbox controller in a 3D shooter or a complex RTS/MOBA game unless the mechanical skill ceiling has been knee-capped to accommodate couch gamers. That's a fact.

It will never stop being pathetic that grown adults have egos about playing games with a specific input device. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

you and me

dust 2 

ill use controller 

Dust 2 is not a good 1v1 map

• Toxic (+1) 1

Happy New Year!

41 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Mouse and Keyboard ONLY! 

Too bad Summit doesn't seem to be in this one...

• Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, RTSxRagnarok said:
Happy New Year!

Screw him. He'd be great for view but he b'd out hard. Have we all seen lethul on kbm? Controller aa is a smidge too much in close range but kbm dominates this game too. Also did 343 only annouce this today?.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Screw him. He'd be great for view but he b'd out hard. Have we all seen lethul on kbm? Controller aa is a smidge too much in close range but kbm dominates this game too. Also did 343 only annouce this today?.

Yeah I think Lethul reaching 50 with M&K proves the point that Summit was just out of his depth in the ranks he was playing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Zavehi said:

Dust 2 is not a good 1v1 map

godammit dude, i was hoping he didnt know that. way to go

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

godammit dude, i was hoping he didnt know that. way to go

As someone who is a PC master race edge lord with a hard on for saying M&KB is god's gift to FPS games, I doubt he didn't know this

12 hours ago, RTSxRagnarok said:
Happy New Year!

Surely this means that a beta isn't too far away 🤞🤞

4 hours ago, LukeB9515 said:

Surely this means that a beta isn't too far away 🤞🤞

It's not going to be a regular beta per se.  They're using the flighting system:  https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins

That being said, they might just open it up to everyone signed up for insider at the end if we're lucky. 

EDIT:  Also, hopefully the fact that Puckett isn't tied up with the OWL anymore allows one of the TOs to go to him with a chest of gold bullion and hire him for some events. 

1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

Also, hopefully the fact that Puckett isn't tied up with the OWL anymore allows one of the TOs to go to him with a chest of gold bullion and hire him for some events. 

That and the old MLG team (EsportsEngine) running events again would be rather cool.

How is everyone btw? Hope Christmas and new year is going well for all. Sorry I've been absent recently, end of year pubg major and going freelance for the start of this year has taken it toll... plz gief halu events soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

I only saw the end of the stream- why on earth were they playing snipers?.

41 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

I only saw the end of the stream- why on earth where they playing snipers?.

swat and snipers were in the series lmao

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

swat and snipers were in the series lmao

343 cos one step forward- 343 steps back. Fucking swat?!.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:36 AM, arglactable said:

I wonder why you didn't bring up any of the much more mechanically demanding big boy tier one esports that no one in their right mind would play with a controller like CSGO, DotA 2, League of Legends, Rainbow Six, and even Overwatch. Instead you threw the tiny number of respectable "controller esports" (Rocket League and 2D Fighters) in with a bunch of joke casual games designed for 12-year-olds that only have "esports" scenes because boomer execs know it's a trendy growth industry and Hi-Rez Studios' watered down knock offs of better, more popular games. It's a real mystery to me why you would do that.

:walshy:

It will never stop being pathetic that grown adults have egos about playing games with objectively inferior input devices. It's fine to prefer playing games casually from your couch, but stop deluding yourself. No one is competing with an Xbox controller in a 3D shooter or a complex RTS/MOBA game unless the mechanical skill ceiling has been knee-capped to accommodate couch gamers. That's a fact.

Shooting is not the name of the game in Halo. When you are playing with people who know how to play, obviously. It doesn't matter if it's "inferior" to run games with controller, the game was designed around the controller. Decision making is king. The skill ceiling with aiming on a controller isn't a big deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TheSimms said:

That and the old MLG team (EsportsEngine) running events again would be rather cool.

How is everyone btw? Hope Christmas and new year is going well for all. Sorry I've been absent recently, end of year pubg major and going freelance for the start of this year has taken it toll... plz gief halu events soon.

how's the family doing?

What event are snipedown and lethuls team scrimming for rn? Also I hope that throw down crap wasn’t 343s only planned mnk only event.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:47 PM, Craneteam said:

how's the family doing?

Great thanks! Little dude is 1 in a few week, hows things your side?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

15 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Great thanks! Little dude is 1 in a few week, hows things your side?

not bad at all. kids are getting bigger and im getting older. hopefully we'll have some quaility halo to watch by the end of the year

• Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Craneteam said:

not bad at all. kids are getting bigger and im getting older. hopefully we'll have some quaility halo to watch by the end of the year

Watching Lethul and Snakebite win an event with a mouse would be quality Halo to me

5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Watching Lethul and Snakebite win an event with a mouse would be quality Halo to me

Not while auto aim is a thing :)

1 hour ago, TheSimms said:

Not while auto aim is a thing :)

I'll take that bet if Royal 2 and APG are allowed controllers.

I would highly doubt that 343 is going to start public flighting until people have seen the game/gameplay.  We're not, in all probability, going to see gameplay until E3 unless they've got something up their sleeve.  So it seems logical that flighting will start at or shortly after E3 2020. 

This would also serve as the big mic drop moment for microsoft "you can play Infinite today!"

1 hour ago, Morachip said:

I would highly doubt that 343 is going to start public flighting until people have seen the game/gameplay.  We're not, in all probability, going to see gameplay until E3 unless they've got something up their sleeve.  So it seems logical that flighting will start at or shortly after E3 2020. 

This would also serve as the big mic drop moment for microsoft "you can play Infinite today!"

Hopefully they'll still have enough time to make meaningful changes before release instead of treating it like a demo.

Also, unless they're planning on having flight/beta that everyone can get into the surprise drop goes against their plan to use flighting as their testing because it'd be like "surprise! a quarter of people who signed up can play Infinite today!"

6 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Hopefully they'll still have enough time to make meaningful changes before release instead of treating it like a demo.

Impossible at this point. Was already basically impossible with Halo 5's beta, and that was 10 months out. It'll be a demo, guaranteed. Like 3's, Reach's, 5's. You're only getting meaningful changes within the first year or two of development. Not long after things are decided and a release date's locked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2