Jump to content
CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, arglactable said:

I wonder why you didn't bring up any of the much more mechanically demanding big boy tier one esports that no one in their right mind would play with a controller like CSGO, DotA 2, League of Legends, Rainbow Six, and even Overwatch. Instead you threw the tiny number of respectable "controller esports" (Rocket League and 2D Fighters) in with a bunch of joke casual games designed for 12-year-olds that only have "esports" scenes because boomer execs know it's a trendy growth industry and Hi-Rez Studios' watered down knock offs of better, more popular games. It's a real mystery to me why you would do that.

:walshy:

It will never stop being pathetic that grown adults have egos about playing games with objectively inferior input devices. It's fine to prefer playing games casually from your couch, but stop deluding yourself. No one is competing with an Xbox controller in a 3D shooter or a complex RTS/MOBA game unless the mechanical skill ceiling has been knee-capped to accommodate couch gamers. That's a fact.

It will never stop being pathetic that grown adults have egos about playing games with a specific input device. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

you and me

dust 2 

ill use controller 

Dust 2 is not a good 1v1 map

  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Happy New Year!
 
41 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:


Mouse and Keyboard ONLY! 

Too bad Summit doesn't seem to be in this one...

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RTSxRagnarok said:
Happy New Year!
 

Too bad Summit doesn't seem to be in this one...

Screw him. He'd be great for view but he b'd out hard. Have we all seen lethul on kbm? Controller aa is a smidge too much in close range but kbm dominates this game too. Also did 343 only annouce this today?.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Screw him. He'd be great for view but he b'd out hard. Have we all seen lethul on kbm? Controller aa is a smidge too much in close range but kbm dominates this game too. Also did 343 only annouce this today?.

Yeah I think Lethul reaching 50 with M&K proves the point that Summit was just out of his depth in the ranks he was playing.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Zavehi said:

Dust 2 is not a good 1v1 map

godammit dude, i was hoping he didnt know that. way to go

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

godammit dude, i was hoping he didnt know that. way to go

 

As someone who is a PC master race edge lord with a hard on for saying M&KB is god's gift to FPS games, I doubt he didn't know this

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, RTSxRagnarok said:
Happy New Year!
 

Too bad Summit doesn't seem to be in this one...

Surely this means that a beta isn't too far away 🤞🤞

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, LukeB9515 said:

Surely this means that a beta isn't too far away 🤞🤞

It's not going to be a regular beta per se.  They're using the flighting system:  https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins

That being said, they might just open it up to everyone signed up for insider at the end if we're lucky. 



EDIT:  Also, hopefully the fact that Puckett isn't tied up with the OWL anymore allows one of the TOs to go to him with a chest of gold bullion and hire him for some events. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

Also, hopefully the fact that Puckett isn't tied up with the OWL anymore allows one of the TOs to go to him with a chest of gold bullion and hire him for some events. 

That and the old MLG team (EsportsEngine) running events again would be rather cool.

 

How is everyone btw? Hope Christmas and new year is going well for all. Sorry I've been absent recently, end of year pubg major and going freelance for the start of this year has taken it toll... plz gief halu events soon.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I only saw the end of the stream- why on earth were they playing snipers?.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

I only saw the end of the stream- why on earth where they playing snipers?.

swat and snipers were in the series lmao

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

swat and snipers were in the series lmao

343 cos one step forward- 343 steps back. Fucking swat?!.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/3/2020 at 8:36 AM, arglactable said:

I wonder why you didn't bring up any of the much more mechanically demanding big boy tier one esports that no one in their right mind would play with a controller like CSGO, DotA 2, League of Legends, Rainbow Six, and even Overwatch. Instead you threw the tiny number of respectable "controller esports" (Rocket League and 2D Fighters) in with a bunch of joke casual games designed for 12-year-olds that only have "esports" scenes because boomer execs know it's a trendy growth industry and Hi-Rez Studios' watered down knock offs of better, more popular games. It's a real mystery to me why you would do that.

:walshy:

It will never stop being pathetic that grown adults have egos about playing games with objectively inferior input devices. It's fine to prefer playing games casually from your couch, but stop deluding yourself. No one is competing with an Xbox controller in a 3D shooter or a complex RTS/MOBA game unless the mechanical skill ceiling has been knee-capped to accommodate couch gamers. That's a fact.

Shooting is not the name of the game in Halo. When you are playing with people who know how to play, obviously. It doesn't matter if it's "inferior" to run games with controller, the game was designed around the controller. Decision making is king. The skill ceiling with aiming on a controller isn't a big deal.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, TheSimms said:

That and the old MLG team (EsportsEngine) running events again would be rather cool.

 

How is everyone btw? Hope Christmas and new year is going well for all. Sorry I've been absent recently, end of year pubg major and going freelance for the start of this year has taken it toll... plz gief halu events soon.

how's the family doing?

Share this post


Link to post

What event are snipedown and lethuls team scrimming for rn? Also I hope that throw down crap wasn’t 343s only planned mnk only event.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/4/2020 at 2:47 PM, Craneteam said:

how's the family doing?

Great thanks! Little dude is 1 in a few week, hows things your side?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Great thanks! Little dude is 1 in a few week, hows things your side?

not bad at all. kids are getting bigger and im getting older. hopefully we'll have some quaility halo to watch by the end of the year

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Craneteam said:

not bad at all. kids are getting bigger and im getting older. hopefully we'll have some quaility halo to watch by the end of the year

Watching Lethul and Snakebite win an event with a mouse would be quality Halo to me

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

Watching Lethul and Snakebite win an event with a mouse would be quality Halo to me

Not while auto aim is a thing :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TheSimms said:

Not while auto aim is a thing :)

I'll take that bet if Royal 2 and APG are allowed controllers.

Share this post


Link to post

I would highly doubt that 343 is going to start public flighting until people have seen the game/gameplay.  We're not, in all probability, going to see gameplay until E3 unless they've got something up their sleeve.  So it seems logical that flighting will start at or shortly after E3 2020. 

This would also serve as the big mic drop moment for microsoft "you can play Infinite today!"

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Morachip said:

I would highly doubt that 343 is going to start public flighting until people have seen the game/gameplay.  We're not, in all probability, going to see gameplay until E3 unless they've got something up their sleeve.  So it seems logical that flighting will start at or shortly after E3 2020. 

This would also serve as the big mic drop moment for microsoft "you can play Infinite today!"

Hopefully they'll still have enough time to make meaningful changes before release instead of treating it like a demo.

Also, unless they're planning on having flight/beta that everyone can get into the surprise drop goes against their plan to use flighting as their testing because it'd be like "surprise! a quarter of people who signed up can play Infinite today!"

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Hopefully they'll still have enough time to make meaningful changes before release instead of treating it like a demo.

Impossible at this point. Was already basically impossible with Halo 5's beta, and that was 10 months out. It'll be a demo, guaranteed. Like 3's, Reach's, 5's. You're only getting meaningful changes within the first year or two of development. Not long after things are decided and a release date's locked.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.