CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Never forget the biggest comp game on the planet compromises with full controller support. Not saying people use it, but the fact it's even an option is huge.

Again, just offering input matchmaking toggles would be the perfect solution. So you don't have to deal with gamepads if you don't want to, and gamepad users don't have to deal with M&K. Win/win, larger pool of players overall, given you don't exclude one fully.

DRHVAl1.png

Yeah and how many people use it? None, because it's useless. 

Just now, Humpflung said:

Yeah and how many people use it? None, because it's useless. 

Not my point. Point is, devs on PC support the damn thing. Devs making games just for PC. So even to these people, it's worth dumping time and money into. Be it for whatever reason. Like accessibility. Or just to have the option available. Doesn't matter if it's "useless", it matters that it's even there. And that CSGO of all games would disagree with your idea of just removing it outright. This isn't binary.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Not my point. Point is, devs on PC support the damn thing. Devs making games just for PC. So even to these people, it's worth dumping time and money into. Be it for whatever reason. Like accessibility. Or just to have the option available. Doesn't matter if it's "useless", it matters that it's even there. And that CSGO of all games would disagree with your idea of just removing it outright. This isn't binary.

Then make it useless and get rid of AA

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

23 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Then make it useless and get rid of AA

This still presents the problem of gatekeeping controller players by making controllers pointless to use. There is a middle ground dude. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Like how people argue for pages when it literally doesn't matter.

Halo is a game to please casuals and no hardcore PC player interested into esports really cares, esp not for aim assist on a 10 year old port.
Summit might get sweaty sometimes and a lot of PC players do, that's why some of them are salty about controllers getting so much aim assist but at the end of the day nobody is taking Halo serious when there are so many titles out there that make more sense for tournament play out of the box, the hardcore playlist on this game is a small side thing (and doesn't offer a lot of depth compared to other PC shooters), most people think about Warthogs, BTB, Action Sack or social slayer when somebody talks about Halo and to me that's closer to Mario Party than CS.

• Like (+1) 1

Humflung, I have a disability that makes it far easier for me to use a controller than a mkb, so by your logic rather than playing with my friends on PC which I prefer, I should go fuck myself and power up the ol’ shitbox? 

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Hully said:

This still presents the problem of gatekeeping controller players by making controllers pointless to use. There is a middle ground dude. 

Fuck controller players

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 4

13 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Humflung, I have a disability that makes it far easier for me to use a controller than a mkb, so by your logic rather than playing with my friends on PC which I prefer, I should go fuck myself and power up the ol’ shitbox? 

They're are obvious acceptations to the rule.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Just now, Humpflung said:

It's exceptions. 

1 minute ago, Humpflung said:

Fuck controller players

But this right here is one of the best generalizations turned "not generalization because there's exceptions".

Granted, I find the irrational hate to be pretty funny. Given the only level this would realistically affect in tangible ways are professionals who actually play this for money, rather than as a hobby, but, you know.

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Obvious exceptions, but you propose a solution where there are none, and literally tell people like me, who are a big part of it, to be SoL because “Fuck Controller players”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Guess I was never supposed to play Halo 2 PC on controller and should go out and buy an Xbone.

Thanks for enlightening me, Humpflung.

• Like (+1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

He actually uninstalled the game what a fucking baby. 😂

this is another issue, is players just lose a 1v1 battle and instantly blame the game rather than changing up their settings to work around it and get better.

These are people who keep there DPI and settings the same from most other FPS game and most other FPS games arent halo and don't require the amount of tracking Halo has.

"ADAPT"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I was destroying everyone with controller on Halo 2 Vista waaaaay back in the day. AA needs the nerf but it won't make a difference. 

Controller 4 Life.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

I was destroying everyone with controller on Halo 2 Vista waaaaay back in the day. AA needs the nerf but it won't make a difference. 

Controller 4 Life.

Yeah if people think Reach is bad rn just wait until we play H2/H2A where you actually can't miss by comparison lol. I think H3 is going to be the interesting game to watch the mkb/controller debate in

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Skor said:

Can't wait to watch a tourney of terrible pc streamers all get owned single handedly by royal 2 on mouse.

E; tashi posts that not even an hour after summits post. 343 have zero spine.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/22/2019 at 10:45 AM, znot said:

I love how HALO has to be the exception but literally every game minus splitgate has auto aim on PC. If it's multiplatform it will have it. I agree it should be toned down but to outright remove it is just stupid. You're on mouse, you can own controller. When they fix it at least. Shits broke as hell now, and the framerate doesn't help being choppy when u move it.

CS:GO, Overwatch, Rainbow 6 Siege.

Literally the 3 biggest FPS games right now, and none of them have aim assist in any form for controllers on PC. (Fuck, Siege doesn't even have it on console.)

The current aim assist is a fucking problem, that shit was never, ever, at any stage of its development, intended for use against mouse players. If its not going to change, they need to add a hard filter to match making as part of cross-play, so instead of searching by platform, you search by input.

I don't play Hardcore because of the controller usage, you have to put in a monumental amount of effort to have the type of shot that a controller allows you to have right now, its insane. 

Like, the fix isn't even hard, input based MM filters. M/kb, Controller, Mixed. EZ. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, TheIcePrincess said:

Never forget the biggest comp game on the planet compromises with full controller support. Not saying people use it, but the fact it's even an option is huge.

Again, just offering input matchmaking toggles would be the perfect solution. So you don't have to deal with gamepads if you don't want to, and gamepad users don't have to deal with M&K. Win/win, larger pool of players overall, given you don't exclude one fully.

DRHVAl1.png

CS:GO doesn't have aim assist, so its kind of a shit example to use as an argument as to why controllers should get aim assist.