CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

Just now, Humpflung said:

No. But I was expecting this community to be smart enough to not use controllers. Whats the fucking point of switching to PC then?!?!?!?!!?!?! Cuz your fucking ram is 4 billion gigs?   WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

You were expecting players who have grown up playing a game with a controller to knowingly handicap themselves so that you feel better?

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

Just now, Boyo said:

You were expecting players who have grown up playing a game with a controller to knowingly handicap themselves so that you feel better?

No. I was expecting Halo to be looked at as a legitimate competitive shooter again.and was hoping others would want that too.

Might as well be playing Barbie bikini wax 2.0 at this point because it's more competitive than controller Halo

• Downvote (-1) 1

Describe to me the path you see as Halo becoming a legitimate competitive shooter again.  I’m fairly certain it doesn’t start with a game that decides if your shots land with a fucking dice roll.  Lol lmfao fam.  Hehe.

Just now, Boyo said:

Describe to me the path you see as Halo becoming a legitimate competitive shooter again.  I’m fairly certain it doesn’t start with a game that decides if your shots land with a fucking dice roll.  Lol lmfao fam.  Hehe.

V7 reach isnt a dice roll so what the fuck are you talking about?

So the game that is going to bring Halo to the competitive PC shooter scene is one playlist, not the base game?  You don’t care if people use controllers on Reach, as long as it isn’t in the MLG playlist?

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

So the game that is going to bring Halo to the competitive PC shooter scene is one playlist, not the base game?  You don’t care if people use controllers on Reach, as long as it isn’t in the MLG playlist?

Ranked should be M&K across the board. 

Events should be M&K only. 

• Like (+1) 1

Disclaimer that @arglactable should never be taken seriously, as he is the pinnacle of a console kid, posing as a PC kid. 100K+ gamerscore, playing on Xbox longer than anyone on this forum, probably. Arglaughable more like. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Ranked should be M&K across the board. 

Events should be M&K only. 

What is your goal with these ideals?

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

What is your goal with these ideals?

Halo actually being taken seriously on a platform that is what Esports is and you can make the "CoD is alive" argument but if you think CoD is legit LLLLLLUUUUULLLLL

CoD is nothing but 16 year old incels supporting that game so I cannot take it seriously

• Salt (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Humpflung said:

Halo actually being taken seriously on a platform that is what Esports is and you can make the "CoD is alive" argument but if you think CoD is legit LLLLLLUUUUULLLLL

Do you think Halo needs a game designed specifically for PC to be taken seriously on PC?

26 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Disclaimer that @arglactable should never be taken seriously, as he is the pinnacle of a console kid, posing as a PC kid. 100K+ gamerscore, playing on Xbox longer than anyone on this forum, probably. Arglaughable more like. 

Imagine thinking you can talk shit when your gamerscore isn't even 6 figures.

:walshy:

23 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Do you think Halo needs a game designed specifically for PC to be taken seriously on PC?

Yes. Balancing weapons around magnetism and aim assist ranges doesn't work when the game doesn't aim for you anymore. And it's also an idiotic way to balance an FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

An accurate utility weapon or a responsive strafe would have been my first round draft picks.  You should check out Golden Professional Modification Arena gametypes for some inspiration.  

• Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Humpflung said:

No. The player base could grow a pair and put the outdated hardware input devices down and if you're no longer a top tier player outside of xbox oh well. 

Ok Google, write "salty rage post" and post on Team Beyond with no awareness.

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

Ok Google, write "salty rage post" and post on Team Beyond with no awareness.

My point still stands. If we continue to use controllers the game is dead

People want a good game that, if its one installment in a larger series, stays faithful to the name on the banner. That's it. Trying to divide everyone into factions and then asking how to please one specific faction is how you end up with The 4.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 minute ago, Humpflung said:

My point still stands. If we continue to use controllers the game is dead

They just need a nerf, not removal. People should have the freedom to play with the input of their choice.

However, as a thumb-twiddler, I have zero issues nerfing the aim assist and RRR. They are insanely high and ridiculous. Mouse players are at a distinct disadvantage and it's gross.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don’t want MKB to be intentionally disadvantaged in any way but Halo is primarily a console game that should be designed around console controls, first and foremost.  

• WutFace (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, arglactable said:

I'm certainly not advocating for removing controller support entirely. I think CS:GO got that balance just about perfect.

and nobody uses controllers for a reason. They should be completely useless

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I don’t want MKB to be intentionally disadvantaged in any way but Halo is primarily a console game that should be designed around console controls, first and foremost.  

If that's what you think, then stay on xbox

If that's what you think, then stay on xbox

You are against console-pc crossplay?  So am I.