CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Zavehi said:

Bloom is easily worse then sprint as a game mechanic. 

Was this ever in question. I can tolerate sprint. I legit won't even touch playing og reach anymore because of how awful bloom is and even TU bloom makes me want to claw my eyes out at times. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is what all the throwback playlists so far tried to do. Obviously not a fan of thrust/stabilize and the H2 BR, but with how fucked the H5 aiming is it kind of makes sense to not use the magnum. Honestly it would just be windmill city with how fast players move and how up close some of the fighting can be.

The maps are insanely well crafted and definitely have that throwback feel and aesthetic to them. If H2A is what H4 should've been, this is what H5 should've been.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FeaR said:

So is this Flighting Phase 1 for Infinite

This was my first thought as well. Seems like they want to test out what works for Infinite with limited abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Did, yeah. Not a fan at all.

Was sprint also removed? Wasn't sure if that was considered a Spartan Ability from the description I read.

35 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

Was sprint also removed? Wasn't sure if that was considered a Spartan Ability from the description I read.

No sprint. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, FeaR said:

So is this Flighting Phase 1 for Infinite :apg:

2 hours ago, II AdamanT II said:

This was my first thought as well. Seems like they want to test out what works for Infinite with limited abilities.

I haven't a clue what Infinite is going to be, but I can say with absolute certainty that this is not the case. It's just that most of their team has moved on to Infinite, and the Sustain team has the flexibility to add a wide variety of different types of playlists. This was very much driven by the Sustain team, which is separate from the developmental teams working on Infinite. We've seen something like this happen later in the life cycle of previous Halo games also.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

anyone else miss pro-league? I actually enjoyed that part of watching halo 5. hope they bring a version of that back for infinite

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Inno said:

anyone else miss pro-league? I actually enjoyed that part of watching halo 5. hope they bring a version of that back for infinite

It was a cool idea that died due to the sins of mismanagement and general online drama

7 hours ago, Inno said:

I miss dunking on cratos and all the weekly memes. And the season where Str8 had a crazy comeback streak. And Roy going full Leeroy Jenkins.

Pro league was good, wish it was managed better

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'd like to order a fucc ton of Halo tournaments for every MCC Halo except for Halo 4 and uhhhh a College league with a side of FFA's and some Lockout BR/Snipes FFA's to go please.  

• Like (+1) 2

Please play Mythic. It’s an absolute delight to play, and it’s popularity would send an important message. Make your voice heard. If you don’t have H5 downloaded, it’s honestly worth it. This is correct Halo in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

On 12/5/2019 at 1:45 PM, Parskiozy said:

Fun but 4 years too late. Best playlist in H5 this far.

i cry. this actually looks like a competent presentation of Halo. 2016 feels like a fever dream. haven't had an xbox one since January 2017

On 12/5/2019 at 3:31 PM, II AdamanT II said:

Halo Basic movement with some micro thrust for octane flair might just be the best chance we have 

14 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Please play Mythic. It’s an absolute delight to play, and it’s popularity would send an important message. Make your voice heard. If you don’t have H5 downloaded, it’s honestly worth it. This is correct Halo in 2019. 

Redownloaded all 100gigs just for that playlist... settings are great, but the FPS on my X seemed close to 30. Forge map performance is crucial to a fun experience, and these need optimization.