CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

Yeah and it should be ignored because it's a bad play most of the time, hanging out in that position of the map for so long is basically giving the enemies map control for free. The shields you might get are probably already payed in damage your teammates were receiving in the time you didn't help them to sit around the 3 seconds in a terrible spot on the map not being able to help out on any objective whatsoever.

Are the kbm issues gonna be fixed and is aim assist and magnetism dialed back, so it’s not an advantage to out right use a controller. Because if it’s just a tournament of people playing with a controller on PC what’s the point? Unless they just ban controller as an input type.

2 hours ago, andregr said:

Are the kbm issues gonna be fixed and is aim assist and magnetism dialed back, so it’s not an advantage to out right use a controller. Because if it’s just a tournament of people playing with a controller on PC what’s the point? Unless they just ban controller as an input type.

They said they've worked on the KBM issues but it's still up in the air since no one's played it yet.  They also said there are no plans to adjust AA on PC.  

They could POTENTIALLY band controller as an input, but IIRC I read somewhere they want to leave it open to what the player wants to use for the time being. 

3 hours ago, andregr said:

This will very likely be controllers on PC thing. I very much doubt they complete fixed the aiming given how atrocious and fucked on multiple levels it was in the flight. And even with perfect mouse aiming, controller will always be competitive in any Halo that isn't CE or H3. The Reach aim assist is VERY forgiving. 

1 hour ago, Trespa5s said:

They said they've worked on the KBM issues but it's still up in the air since no one's played it yet.  They also said there are no plans to adjust AA on PC.  

They could POTENTIALLY band controller as an input, but IIRC I read somewhere they want to leave it open to what the player wants to use for the time being. 

but bro the pro team played it and the feedback so far has been positive! :lxthul:

Well part of the thing people need to understand is that 343 probably wants cross play to work. It would be better for both communities as far as Halo maintaining a decent population in both MCC and the future. That's why they don't have plans for AA as of their post imo. As far as MCC goes we'll probably just have to live with it how it is but Infinite is where the aim assist values will be created knowing full well the game could feature both PC and console gameplay together. They're stuck in a place where they don't want to start changing how the game works on console players but also want to investigate cross play as an option with MCC. They likely also just want more time to see something other than a small population of PC players or streamers with shitty input lag getting stomped by actual pro halo players along with long time players. Its probably hard to really make a decision that they'd be confident in from where they're sitting without more information from a build that features the correct inputs from PC players

From what I hear, KBM is smooth, the frame issues have been mostly solved, and people seem to be positive about it.  I'm absolutely ecstatic that it went well and that the major complaints have been ironed out. 

Just now, Trespa5s said:

From what I hear, KBM is smooth, the frame issues have been mostly solved, and people seem to be positive about it.  I'm absolutely ecstatic that it went well and that the major complaints have been ironed out. 

Not sure if I will jump on that boat so early but I sure hope you are right!

They need to bring in kbm compatibility for console and crossplay. The scene kinda needs to be on pc to have a hope for a future. Aim assist as far as I remember isn't any stronger than h3? The game is hitscan which is obvs easier than leading shots- I don't see the problem  in mixed inputs in a hypothetical  crossplay ranked matchmaking/tournaments. Aim assist won't help much over the precision mouse gives you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sody91 said:

They need to bring in kbm compatibility for console and crossplay. The scene kinda needs to be on pc to have a hope for a future. Aim assist as far as I remember isn't any stronger than h3? The game is hitscan which is obvs easier than leading shots- I don't see the problem  in mixed inputs in a hypothetical  crossplay ranked matchmaking/tournaments. Aim assist won't help much over the precision mouse gives you.

This. The most unified scene possible would be to have KBM possible for console with crossplay. With games like Gears and Smite having KBM support on console there's no reason at least Infinite and HW2 shouldn't have KBM support.

(This reminds me that I need to look up if KBM is allowed at Gears tournaments...)

• Like (+1) 2

Reach has never played better. I'm very happy with what I've played so far. Terrific update.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

What deadzone settings should I use for halo reach? And what aim assist type do I use? Playing halo reach for the first time ever

1 hour ago, cyanideAA said:

What deadzone settings should I use for halo reach? And what aim assist type do I use? Playing halo reach for the first time ever

Well if by AA type, you mean Classic vs Modern aiming, that's personal preference.  

Deadzone settings are pretty similar.  I have mine at around 6%.  MCC's deadzones are "true 0", meaning that if you zero it out even the tiniest of movements will most the reticle.  Again, just try it out and see what you're comfortable with.  There's no definitive answer.

The classic vs modern aiming in Reach are not that much different.  Reach aiming was always pretty good.  I use Modern on everything just for consistency's sake, but really the only game i would recommend switching to Modern immediately would be Halo 3.

Played some hardcore yesterday and some big team and the difference in playability is night and day.  They really should just make zero bloom the standard across the entire game. That single change makes the game so much better and i think it would be palatable to just about everybody.

• Like (+1) 4

I am admittedly a noob when it comes to PC. Can someone tell me how I use gamechat in Reach when playing with a controller on PC? I'm fairly positive nobody could hear me in the games I attempted to not be a mute... I heard people saying press "V" for KB&M, but is controller also push to talk?

19 minutes ago, Zavehi said:

Bloom is easily worse then sprint as a game mechanic. 

At least sprint is up front with you.  It tells you it will steal your ability to attack.  Bloom is insidious in that it stays around just to fuck with you and make you question yourself.  

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

I am admittedly a noob when it comes to PC. Can someone tell me how I use gamechat in Reach when playing with a controller on PC? I'm fairly positive nobody could hear me in the games I attempted to not be a mute... I heard people saying press "V" for KB&M, but is controller also push to talk?

U have to press v no matter what

Text chat is also on Xbox but only visible in lobbies. Really weird decision.