CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

But if Emma gifs come back we will have to out up with the "is she actually attractive" debate...

When for a second time in a row Emma gifs make a comeback right before a new movie she's in comes out to give us plenty of new material:

giphy.gif

Although I've had a thing for Emma Watson since I was like 11, the unfortunate reality is that she's been in mostly forgettable movies. Couple that with the fact that she doesn't really have that much emotional range as an actress, and it's kind of a bummer. That being said the new movie looks to be pretty good, with a lot of talent in the cast, and the reviews have been great. Emma gifs are the shit, so lets keep posting them. 

TJwd5Dy.gif

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Duck just confirmed that he'll personally make us some official Zero Bloom Oddball and Assault gametypes. This is huge for a potential v8 competitive settings.

Can you also ask if they can add the Anniversary overshield to ZB settings? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Basu said:

Can you also ask if they can add the Anniversary overshield to ZB settings? 

It still has the invincibility problem, it would have to charge in like 2 seconds to be good, 1 second per shield bar, so even if you nade yourself to one shot it would only make you invincible for a max of 3 seconds.

26 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

It still has the invincibility problem, it would have to charge in like 2 seconds to be good, 1 second per shield bar, so even if you nade yourself to one shot it would only make you invincible for a max of 3 seconds.

Oh yeah forgot about that. It also doesn't have an indicator besides the framerate tanking flames. There's no way to win when it comes to Reach OS. 

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Honestly the damage resistance powerup is solid. Just ditch the recharge delay.

dislike how worthless it is when you pick it up with no shields, generally "burning" OS should't be a thing imo

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/28/2019 at 6:53 AM, Warlord Wossman said:

dislike how worthless it is when you pick it up with no shields, generally "burning" OS should't be a thing imo

I don't really agree with that. Its always silly when you see people just stand next to the OS and wait for someone to appear. There's a lot more gameplay and thought revolving around deciding to burn/make someone else burn it/waiting to recharge before you pick it up. Without that you either just give up knowing you aren't getting that OS or you just run through it regardless of the situation

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

I don't really agree with that. Its always silly when you see people just stand next to the OS and wait for someone to appear. There's a lot more gameplay and thought revolving around deciding to burn/make someone else burn it/waiting to recharge before you pick it up. Without that you either just give up knowing you aren't getting that OS or you just run through it regardless of the situation

What if OS began charging on pick up but would stop if damage was taken?  That would still encourage both teams to push for it because even if you don’t get it you can prevent the other team from fully getting it.  You could still get it “burnt” even after picking it up.  

Players would want to pick it up earlier because then they have more time to fully charge it instead of standing next to it to get the invincibility on pick up.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What if OS began charging on pick up but would stop if damage was taken?  That would still encourage both teams to push for it because even if you don’t get it you can prevent the other team from fully getting it.  You could still get it “burnt” even after picking it up.  

Players would want to pick it up earlier because then they have more time to fully charge it instead of standing next to it to get the invincibility on pick up.  

That could definitely be an interesting idea.  Would at least be worth testing. 

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I think that would be pretty dumb, you'd have to secure half the map before attempting to pick it up. It would just get burned 99% of times. I think just removing the invulnerability and making it charge faster is all that's needed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Basu said:

I think that would be pretty dumb, you'd have to secure half the map before attempting to pick it up. It would just get burned 99% of times. I think just removing the invulnerability and making it charge faster is all that's needed.

Yeah, you may only get 3/4 of a single layer before you take damage so that’s what you walk away with that time.  It would get “burned” a lot but partial burns.  You only get the full reward if you grab it completely uncontested.  Instead of the binary nature of burned or not burned, there is variability to being able to stop the charging after pick up.  

On/off is simpler so that’s probobly the way to go though.  

Should probably just keep the OS as a binary pick up and have a charging station if you want an OS over time.  

On 11/28/2019 at 1:51 AM, Basu said:

Oh yeah forgot about that. It also doesn't have an indicator besides the framerate tanking flames. There's no way to win when it comes to Reach OS. 

Shouldnt tank on in mcc so we should at least be able to try it

27 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Yeah, you may only get 3/4 of a single layer before you take damage so that’s what you walk away with that time.  It would get “burned” a lot but partial burns.  You only get the full reward if you grab it completely uncontested.  Instead of the binary nature of burned or not burned, there is variability to being able to stop the charging after pick up.  

On/off is simpler so that’s probobly the way to go though.  

Should probably just keep the OS as a binary pick up and have a charging station if you want an OS over time.   

If you remove the invulnerability you can still take damage while charging. Given that your position is extremely predictable it would be hard to not at least catch one nade in the process.

20 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Shouldnt tank on in mcc so we should at least be able to try it

Yeah we could try it. Still looks goofy as fuck but better than nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

They are wasting their time by delaying it most of the time since they are not securing any other item and most of the time not giving teamshot since OS usually doesn't spawn in the best position with great view of the map. Additionally if you pick it up when an enemy is close you are giving them the timing on it while picking it up with no enemy around denies a timing accurate to +/- 1 second for the enemies.
The "more gameplay and thought" is an illusion if you ask me, sending a person to OS to shoot the enemy before he picks it up isn't really the deepest strat and it means you can negate a major item on the map that should have an influence on the game. On a lot of maps OS can be a comeback mechanic for a team that is currently losing (if they can time it) and imo it's dumb how a few shots can negate the entire effect, if I am one shot picking up a rocket launcher or sniper I still get full ammo, why do I not get full OS when walking into it with no shields?

Here is what I would do to get rid of the awkward invincibility time: Just make it instant. Armors and megahealth in Quake games have shown for decades that it works, why do we even need the charging? I guess it was added for immersion or some shit.

@Boyo same idea, I can send one player to shoot you once when you pick it up to deny a major item, it's too easy for a team in control to deny it. Generally there is not much point in an item pickup that behaves like that since we want teams to fight over items.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/30/2019 at 2:26 AM, Warlord Wossman said:

They are wasting their time by delaying it most of the time since they are not securing any other item and most of the time not giving teamshot since OS usually doesn't spawn in the best position with great view of the map. Additionally if you pick it up when an enemy is close you are giving them the timing on it while picking it up with no enemy around denies a timing accurate to +/- 1 second for the enemies.
The "more gameplay and thought" is an illusion if you ask me, sending a person to OS to shoot the enemy before he picks it up isn't really the deepest strat and it means you can negate a major item on the map that should have an influence on the game. On a lot of maps OS can be a comeback mechanic for a team that is currently losing (if they can time it) and imo it's dumb how a few shots can negate the entire effect, if I am one shot picking up a rocket launcher or sniper I still get full ammo, why do I not get full OS when walking into it with no shields?

Here is what I would do to get rid of the awkward invincibility time: Just make it instant. Armors and megahealth in Quake games have shown for decades that it works, why do we even need the charging? I guess it was added for immersion or some shit.

@Boyo same idea, I can send one player to shoot you once when you pick it up to deny a major item, it's too easy for a team in control to deny it. Generally there is not much point in an item pickup that behaves like that since we want teams to fight over items.

You're trying to ignore the part where the person being shot has to make a decision around burning it or not. That moment when the weak person gets into custom but maybe tries to wait and see if they can recharge before touching the OS happens in just about every pit game and its not always the right choice. People choke, die and lose the custom to the other team all the time

• Upvote (+1) 1