CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, znot said:

are they phasing out the charge for it? Because part of the whole draw was being unique... You are literally paying to have a single GT no one else can have. Though I guess this fact still stands, you are unique. Everyone else will have the [TINY NUMBERS NEXT TO THEIR NAME] either ingame or in the xbox guide.

But still, it's insane paying for a change when I can get it free on Steam and BattleNet and now xbox has almost the same mechanic and you still pay.

Not sure what their plans are but agreed.  The whole idea of paying to change your name is antiquated at this point. 

26 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

Not sure what their plans are but agreed.  The whole idea of paying to change your name is antiquated at this point. 

It's okay tho, the first change is on them.... Free of charge

:kappa:

Mixer stream is lagging terribly and they have viewership set to +18 

11 minutes ago, Skor said:

Never know what a convicted felon could say on stream tbh.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Skor said:

I can't speak on the lagging but the 18+ is because The MCC is technically rated M.  Whether that's right or wrong is immaterial.  I understand from their PoV it's hard to justify that playing the game is only for people 17+, but watching the game being played is fine at 13.  

Ah gotcha thought it may be a little weird since it brings up a warning sign before viewing (which I dont think happens on twitch?). Thought it may impact viewership over there. 

Hey guys, been a while since I’ve been on. 

Can anyone update me on the rosters for this event? And a little backstory on the story lines If there are any?

5 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

Hey guys, been a while since I’ve been on. 

Can anyone update me on the rosters for this event? And a little backstory on the story lines If there are any?

Not a ton going on, other than LUX won the last event (so are looking to defend their title), and TOX missed a finals for the first time since forming last event.

Rosters:

TOX - Lethul, Snakebite, Royal2, aPG

Mantra - Snipedown, Ace, Ola, Eco 

LUX - Gab, Gilky, Goofy, Ryanoob'

Simplicity - Aries, Str8Sick, Fantasy, Shele

Those are the top teams from each pool anyway. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Viewership is pretty pitiful, ngl. 

I mean I can't exactly say I'm surprised.  Considering the Twitch Rivals event showing off Reach on PC only had around 3K on the main stream, this is about right.  

We're not going to get any big numbers until Infinite, and even then it'll only be if there's a solid launch with strong competitive settings right out of the gate.  

34 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

I mean I can't exactly say I'm surprised.  Considering the Twitch Rivals event showing off Reach on PC only had around 3K on the main stream, this is about right.  

We're not going to get any big numbers until Infinite, and even then it'll only be if there's a solid launch with strong competitive settings right out of the gate.  

we need a lot tbh. a solid launch, a game that doesn't crash like we've seen all day support from 343, twitch, and Microsoft for promoting the events (done with @Clapat the helm, and paid promo streams. it couldn't hurt to try and buy add space for hcs on larger games broadcasts. either we go all in or just let the scene die

39 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

We're not going to get any big numbers until Infinite.  

On Mixer

I wish halo events would have analysis on plays from the previous game between matches. Overwatch does this and despite being trash ( well the last year and a half of meta anyway) it makes the streams very entertaining.  

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

On Mixer

"but ninja guise"

3 hours ago, Sody91 said:

I wish halo events would have analysis on plays from the previous game between matches. Overwatch does this and despite being trash ( well the last year and a half of meta anyway) it makes the streams very entertaining.  

Remember bungie had heatmaps? 

Also something interesting I've noticed is that the 343 maps dont have heat at on specific areas of the map, never in the center areas, its usually on the outside. But the BUNGIE maps have heat EVERYWHERE, people were using every part of the map it seems like. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

we need a lot tbh. a solid launch, a game that doesn't crash like we've seen all day support from 343, twitch, and Microsoft for promoting the events (done with @Clapat the helm, and paid promo streams. it couldn't hurt to try and buy add space for hcs on larger games broadcasts. either we go all in or just let the scene die

A game that's actually fun and feels like Halo probably wouldn't hurt either.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 3

1 hour ago, znot said:

"but ninja guise"

They got Shroud as well. Straight into the sub 10k viewers.

Watching this H5 2v2 gave me an idea. I know obj in 2v2 is frowned upon, but I think that’s usually because resources are spread too thin. I think 1 plot strongholds could work in competitive 2v2, and actually be pretty fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Watching this H5 2v2 gave me an idea. I know obj in 2v2 is frowned upon, but I think that’s usually because resources are spread too thin. I think 1 plot strongholds could work in competitive 2v2, and actually be pretty fun.

Stationary plot or would it move between 3-5 locations depending on the map?