CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

i was really hoping for more substance for this update but it was nice to see that they want to work directly with orgs to get things going, that they are looking into revamping halo.gg, that they'll release a 12 month roadmap, and that they'll do more to increase competition for am and international teams. hopefully we get some of these things and halo can become something great again

• Like (+1) 1

Adam Apicella retweeted Ryan Foolz (Echofox GM) giving props to HCS for providing a 12 month roadmap. Plot thickens.

58 minutes ago, cyanideAA said:

haven't been on this forum in a long time. When does Halo Reach come to MCC on xbox one?

Excellent question!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 3

Really hoping for some Reach MCC tournaments until Infinite. v7 was really cool, hell maybe they're open for debating some new maps and possibly a 4sk DMR.

1 minute ago, Basu said:

Really hoping for some Reach MCC tournaments until Infinite. v7 was really cool, hell maybe they're open for debating some new maps and possibly a 4sk DMR.

They've already confirmed Reach stuff is coming, as well as testing PC events.  

I'm personally praying it's something regarding Adam Apicella's group with some of the old MLG guys but highly unlikely.  Probably just talking about the next event after DH. 

• Like (+1) 1

WHOA, pump the breaks there chief.  As cool as this is (and I'm happy it's a thing), does that mean Reach is launching over the weekend/Monday then?  

Disregard, it's a pre-release version for the players. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

WHOA, pump the breaks there chief.  As cool as this is (and I'm happy it's a thing), does that mean Reach is launching over the weekend/Monday then?  

Disregard, it's a pre-release version for the players. 

No lol, the current flight is scheduled until the 15th November.

Also who the fuck thought this was a good idea, the game's in no state to play it competitively, lmfao.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

No lol, the current flight is scheduled until the 15th November.

That's why I edited to say disregard.  

1 minute ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Also who the fuck thought this was a good idea, the game's in no state to play it competitively, lmfao.

I haven't played it on PC, but on Xbox it was perfectly fine apart from lag.  That being said, I agree that it should have started with a game that the general public can actually play. 

2 hours ago, Basu said:

Highly doubt it, but gold pro HCS would be hype. I am already looking into maps to update some of the 2014 setting for custom games, found some out of map spots that are broken, teleporters that are placed the wrong way around and even looking into some layout changes. Maybe we should start a discord for gold pro or what could be the continuation of it if people are actually interested.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Zavehi said:

If HCS does something at some point that resembles a coherent anything I will show up. Until then I'm kind of done with all this. Tashi continues to speak in these mass cliches about the future, tons of promises about what is coming and pumping up this HCS grassroots effort that has been pretty much a massive failure with only a few creators brought on board and a lot of meh or bad tournaments were it was clear neither 343 or the TO wanted to invest in a 12 year old game with no viewership. I've read the announcement from them yesterday what seems like 100 times. Same tired old stuff about everything they've learned over the years while they still constantly look like amateurs. The team over there seemingly hasn't learned that no one really cares about how many words they write about how good they are going to be in the future, they actually have to SHOW something that presents they have any idea what they are doing. They never did previously until they let MLG run the last worlds cycle. They haven't done it with the post-H5 MCC events at all.

I love Halo, I love the Halo community, I've traveled multiple times over the last few years to go tournaments and have met some awesome people. At this point, Halo esports has a terminal disease and I don't see some miracle coming any time soon.

Image result for preach gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It feels weird reading these announcements. An abundance of what I would call faux optimism from the devs, despite Halo having been in a terrible spot for over a decade now. Introspection is a strange thing. Halo 3 was the last time I actually felt real joy playing Halo, and that game launched in 2007. Yet here I am, in late 2019, on a Halo forum. I think I have Stockholm syndrome for Halo.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Highly doubt it, but gold pro HCS would be hype. I am already looking into maps to update some of the 2014 setting for custom games, found some out of map spots that are broken, teleporters that are placed the wrong way around and even looking into some layout changes. Maybe we should start a discord for gold pro or what could be the continuation of it if people are actually interested.

Awesome. Hex and me have all the GP stuff and more on our Reach fileshares, I'd be super down for GP customs when Reach finally drops. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Infinity said:

I couldn't agree more – 4,000+ word blog posts promising "unity" and a strong "vision" mean nothing when Halo games continue to be unable to sustain a healthy population 3 months after launch.

The root of the issue continues to be the game(s) itself.

MCC release was a nightmare, Halo 5 suffered from stubborn developers and an identity crisis spanning 3 years, and the MCC reboot/PC release is fueled by nostalgia from players who will not play for more than 10 hours of MP after purchasing.

I will continue to believe that Halo needs to present an experience that can be enjoyed and sustained by multiple parties – spectators, streamers, competitors, campaign players, casual MP fans, etc. I'm not saying we all need to be playing the same game (universal settings, etc.), but treating Halo esports as one tiny sliver of a massive pie isn't going to cut it any longer.

Real unity will come from a game we all truly enjoy playing and watching. MCC will never deliver that as a 6-in-one package. Infinite is our last hope, and I'm worried about what they are cooking up.

i read up on the little we have on infinite and i can feel hope build...

so i look at this to remind what 343 is built on as to not get too excited

Image result for master chief wheel chair

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1