CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2020 Discussion Thread

When the announcement drops without any sort of concrete new/dates, and just talks in generalities:

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"Introducing, MCC: Mobile Edition"

I would not be shocked on any level but I would also be sad.

16 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I use mine to listen to music while sprinting - checkmate.

i bet you can't use your phone while running, meaning that when you need to check it you have to stop, leading to weird pacing issues.

• Fire (+1) 9

15 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

When the announcement drops without any sort of concrete new/dates, and just talks in generalities:

speaking of CDL, i think its hilarious that orgs coughed up 25 mil to play a game that the devs have said that they made to be noob friendly and promote camping

• Like (+1) 1

I for one welcome Reach and the momentum and viewership it won't bring to Halo.

03095005b899e52adab9f141bf89df90.jpg

Tbf, I think Reach could be way better if they just lowered the gravity so we could jump higher with a bit more float ( I wanna soar and hit more than one shot in the air). Ya know like every other Halo. Instead of feeling like I'm rubber banded to the floor at all times when I jump.

Also the ease of the snipe is not very fun to watch, shooting fish in a barrel is not fair.

47 minutes ago, znot said:

Tbf, I think Reach could be way better if they just lowered the gravity so we could jump higher with a bit more float ( I wanna soar and hit more than one shot in the air). Ya know like every other Halo. Instead of feeling like I'm rubber banded to the floor at all times when I jump.

Also the ease of the snipe is not very fun to watch, shooting fish in a barrel is not fair.

Lower gravity? Nah, Halo 3's floaty jumping is clunky and just means you get hit while jumping. In Reach I would go 120% movement 125% jump and 200% gravity which gold pro already does and it feels pretty good. Sure it would be better if we could increase strafe accel but there is no option in the vanilla game so could only be thought about with modding in mind.

And idk about the sniper, seems like alot of people say it's insanely easy but the sniper in HCE and H2 are not that much harder to aim for me and the H3 sniper can be that hard because the BR shoots snail projectiles with spread, if you make the sniper much harder to aim in Reach (esp with 4sk DMR) it just becomes rather weak.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If it's executed well, there are some solid ideas there.  That being said, I was hoping we'd see something before Infinite but it is what it is.  

Re-committing to open events, and the promise of a 12 month roadmap for Infinite is nice to see. Otherwise felt like a lot of promises and not much else.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but we have no idea what's next after Dreamhack right?

• Thonking (+0) 1

"Thank you to the amazing broadcasters and observers who have educated, entertained, and excited millions around the world all while representing Halo in the best way possible"

There's the six million Halo enthusiasts we know.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Silos said:

Re-committing to open events, and the promise of a 12 month roadmap for Infinite is nice to see. Otherwise felt like a lot of promises and not much else.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but we have no idea what's next after Dreamhack right?

Yea that's my takeaway too.  I get not wanting to pump in an insane amount of money and resources in games that are well outdated, but for the love of god we need SOMETHING here.  

I really, really hope regional events aren’t a thing that’s returning having events that are hosted in other regions is fine but they should be open to any top team from any region otherwise we just go back to what it was when ESL had there UK closed events which had lower viewership because of the lack of top teams being there.

Jokes on 343. I wasn't expecting anything so I'm not disappointed

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

"Thank you to the amazing broadcasters and observers who have educated, entertained, and excited millions around the world all while representing Halo in the best way possible"

tenor.gif?itemid=5621219