CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

wait i leave thinking Tox would 3-0 and its a bracket reset!!!!???????

This BlackBeard guy is kind of hysterical but the crypto ish throws me off.

and why is this a 7 game series???? This is not Halo 5. Go back to best of 5. The length of gametypes in Halo 3 are longer than H5.

• Downvote (-1) 3

1 minute ago, L0l0 said:

wait i leave thinking Tox would 3-0 and its a bracket reset!!!!???????

But if they 3-0'd they'd still have to play one more game anyways!

Just now, Deizul said:

But if they 3-0'd they'd still have to play one more game anyways!

yea i don't understand why they are using best of 7 with Halo 3. Best of 5 is better imo

• Salt (-1) 1

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda weird how out of all the esports there are, Shele chooses to make his LAN debut at 12 year old game with a prize pool of $30,000?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

1 minute ago, Deizul said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda weird how out of all the esports there are, Shele chooses to make his LAN debut at 12 year old game with a prize pool of $30,000?

Nah totally normal

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joseph said:

This BlackBeard guy is kind of hysterical but the crypto ish throws me off.

I don't want to be pumped and dumped. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deizul said:

I do understand your point, but if Halo is the game he is passionate about, then no? Money does not dictate happiness/enjoyment. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Is TOX having an off series, or is Denial just way better than I've been giving them credit for?

10 minutes ago, Deizul said:

Shele is a halo 3 kid and has been playing halo 3 the last few years. Considering he got picked up by str8 sicks squad after the 1st qualifier id say its not suprising at all. 

I honestly want Denial to win because i want Str8sick to get his first tournament win.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So im just catching up on the stream and with the posts. Why is it that a good amount of people on here were shit talking the Rec guys for losing to Denial, but not saying anything now that theyre dominating the series vs Tox?

People saying that the Rec guys werent clicking at all, but before that series they were 9-1 in map count for the day against top teams... like what do you want from them? Lol

Maybe just maybe Denial are actually good. :O

3 minutes ago, MUSE_iC said:

So im just catching up on the stream and with the posts. Why is it that a good amount of people on here were shit talking the Rec guys for losing to Denial, but not saying anything now that theyre dominating the series vs Tox?

People saying that the Rec guys werent clicking at all, but before that series they were 9-1 in map count for the day against top teams... like what do you want from them? Lol

Maybe just maybe Denial are actually good. :O

I think the reason people were saying that REC wasn't clicking is because there was talk about Pistola playing Fortnite and not wanting to scrim as much as the other three. When you look at the REC roster you kind of automatically assume they'd be in the grand final. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hully said:

I think the reason people were saying that REC wasn't clicking is because there was talk about Pistola playing Fortnite and not wanting to scrim as much as the other three. When you look at the REC roster you kind of automatically assume they'd be in the grand final. 

I mean I get that, but people made it sound like they had a horrible tournament. It just turns out that Denial is actually pretty good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MUSE_iC said:

I mean I get that, but people made it sound like they had a horrible tournament. It just turns out that Denial is actually pretty good. 

I agree. Tox, Denial, and REC seem to be the top three as of right now. The REC v. Denial series could have gone either way. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Hully said:

Is TOX having an off series, or is Denial just way better than I've been giving them credit for?

Denial is way better than you've been giving them credit for

• Like (+1) 4

It's 4am and I have class tomorrow, so this is gonna go to game 7 isn't it? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

It's 4am and I have class tomorrow, so this is gonna go to game 7 isn't it? 

But of course!

Anyone clip that Extermination on this heretic flag? I was watching the quad view's and one happened by a Denial player ( I think Str8 Sick, actually Aries). 

@GoldenboyFTW

bro....lmfao.....you came close to a heart attack multiple times this weekend. I love it. Halo has to be your favorite title to cast. 

3 minutes ago, NAK said:

Anyone clip that Extermination on this heretic flag? I was watching the quad view's and one happened by a Denial player ( I think Str8 Sick). 

i saw it, was aries.  didnt think to clip it though.  I was suprised they didnt get a flag off that.