CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

What a solid series from Denial, can't get over how fundamental their play was.

Does Ninja Pistola play too much Fortnite instead of scrimming?

• Toxic (+1) 2

Has the view count hit 10k yet? I did see it pretty close. 

Could snipedown have helped with the sniper on the flag guy at the end? After he got nade boosted up to plat. I’m not sure if he was getting shot at but did he have an opportunity to shoot? 

I don't understand how Snipedown, Roy, Lunchbox, and Pistola, some of the GOATs of Halo, are struggling with the likes of Str8 Sick, Commonly, Aries, and Shele.

• Like (+1) 1

Predictable, Rec were never on the same page the whole event. Maybe playing as a 4 more would've helped with that. :thinking:

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrankTheShow said:

Denial is having a very positive day. 

how much more is your lindacoin worth now?

• Fire (+1) 1

Just now, Craneteam said:

how much more is your lindacoin worth now?

My Battle7oken is worth $0.35 Lindacoin which is worth $0.27 LindaX which is worth $0.023 Sparkletoken. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 3

Just now, throoper said:

Hope everybody enjoyed the Bravo stream this weekend. Was an honor to be involved in the classic Halo  comeback

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

I've cornered my deep-seated issues with underdogs winning. Back in 2011 I had people legit wanting to fight me saying LuckSide was the best halo player in the world and was going to win every tournament. It was ridiculous. But so is my hate. GG Denial.

14 minutes ago, Fitcherman said:

I don't understand how Snipedown, Roy, Lunchbox, and Pistola, some of the GOATs of Halo, are struggling with the likes of Str8 Sick, Commonly, Aries, and Shele.

Well, its 2019 now.

• Thonking (+0) 3

4 hours ago, Jazzy said:

Okay so just trying to make sense here because we aren't on the same wavelength here. You said: 

So you're claiming this is the second largest event in halo history. This chart shows that isn't even close.

You made the accusation that this includes online events which it does not. Also moses's tweet is talking about HCS events specifically. 

and then we are back to 

So I am not sure I understand.  Are you saying that MLG events are not halo events or are you specifically referring to HCS when you say "halo event"?

Nah you're fine dude, thanks for asking a question instead of flaming. I'm not "accusing" you of anything. Just asked whether online was included or not, and yes it looks like I misread Moses' tweet (my bad). Everyone just decided to fly off the rails instead of taking the time to clarify the OP as usual. Just wasn't clear to me what scope we were talking about here, especially when people implied that we were talking about all titles rather than just Halo.

I think it's fine to compare between TOs in this generation of Halo (MLG hosting H5/MCC vs UGC hosting H5/MCC). Don't think it's fair to compare anyone dealing with Xbox One to TOs that hosted events on Xbox 360 though, for all the reasons discussed earlier in this thread. The lack of real LAN is straight up brutal. So compare away, I just think people jumped way too fast from wishing for a H3 throwback tournament and getting a huge one to blasting the TO. IMO don't think this event has been any more or less buggy or had any more issues than the events we've seen over the last 2-3 years, especially with how much is going on there. Everyone in attendance seems happy with how UGC has run the show, and that's a good sign for all of us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Fitcherman said:

Its not even the player names or anything like that. If you watch they just 10 out of 10 times choose to slay it seems like. Forcing obj isn't really what you want to do all the time but they pass up so many opportunities that really could turn into something. Maybe they have a different perspective but that really isn't how it went down in any year of H3. Its just unusually slow at certain moments

That's disappointing, well played by Denial.  Time to go back to my hotel room and root for Tox.

(It was a great weekend though)

5 minutes ago, Strikah said:

Well, its 2019 now.

But it's not like Reciprocity should be rusty.  Snipedown and Pistola were just playing at the highest level of Halo at the end of Halo 5 and Roy and Lunchbox aren't that far removed from retiring.  That plus their experience and talent should put them way above Denial.  

1 hour ago, valaea said:

for some reason I’m not feeling super hyped, I dunno. maybe I need to recalculate exactly how much of the hype from 2008-10 was/is just nostalgia at this point

You have a head on your shoulders. Good brain. Use it, don't lose it.

2 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Its not even the player names or anything like that. If you watch they just 10 out of 10 times choose to slay it seems like. Forcing obj isn't really what you want to do all the time but they pass up so many opportunities that really could turn into something. Maybe they have a different perspective but that really isn't how it went down in any year of H3. Its just unusually slow at certain moments

Yeah that's true.  They did seem to out slay and still lose multiple times.  Seems weird that they don't just play the objective more.  I guess they really need Lethul to be that glue.

1 minute ago, Onset said:

Was great fun casting this amazing game. Also pretty humbling to commentate on people I looked up to growing up and who got me into esports.

Apologies for fumbling my words on that last cap of the series, literally the worst thing ever :D

You're beautiful and you did fantastic. 

What is with the volume. Sometimes they're quiet, next sentence they're loud as shit. Some of them are like whispering.