CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

I think some quality sandbox forged maps (if those even exist) and PIT Koth should be added in. A little more variety would be nice.

More Pit =/= more variety.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Going back to the beginnings of Forge is a task for the insane. You'd have better luck looking into the only two disc maps that have competitive merit; Citadel and Assembly.

Assembly could be our replacement for Amplified Slayer. Both maps are flatter two-base-two-tower designs with lots of structural cover, with the biggest difference being that the bases & top mid are more fortified in Assembly. This could be mitigated by having more contestable items on the fifty yard line versus the lone Mauler on Amplified. Rockets could still be where they were in default, with the Camo moving down to bottom mid, and finally having a Plasma Pistol at the open deck. You can delete the weird tube shield on top mid to make said location less cheeky.

Citadel could replace Onslaught Flag, along with creating a new method of playing the Flag gamemode. Heretic already has the frantic style of Flag, Pit has the flanking style, Narrows has the offensive style. Citadel is unique in Halo 3 because it's the only inverse symmetric map in the game that has potential to be a good mode for Hardcore. Dropping the two Overshields, Shotguns, and Brute Shots would be easy, and you could even try adding cover in the middle area to make it less of a no man's land.

Both of these maps should be tested with said settings. I personally could relearn how to make the static drop spawns again, but I would need people who are able to give their thoughts objectively, and test the modes repeatedly. Who would be interested enough to test these hypothetical maps & modes?

I think you could maybe figure something out with Citadel if you forge in some geometry changes somehow. Assembly is actually just worse than Amp though. Tons of useless geometry/nade traps that'll be super frustrating. I can't even believe I'm saying that as someone who has nothing good to say about Amp or Ons. Both of those maps were given a chance/testing back when MLG was making new versions of the settings and Assembly was a hard pass

As an open minded individual i'd like to test them out but as an avid casual matchmaking pub stomper I'd like to put my two cents in... this ain't it.

They were tested back in the day and yeah, they aren't it.

BTW BOYS WE BACK HOLY SHIT

• Upvote (+1) 2

They were tested back in the day and yeah, they aren't it.

BTW BOYS WE BACK HOLY SHIT

As one of 'those guys' that used to look at Killa KC's and other pros' game history during MLG playtesting sessions, I can confirm that Assembly, Citadel and others were not given a fair shake.

Not that I necessarily think they should be included in the gametype rotation (our forgers can make better maps for H3's gameplay than Bungie ever could), but proper playtesting pretty much died after v4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why was Heretic oddball removed? I cannot remember

It wasnt spectator friendly. I also think they didnt want to run more than two gametypes per map.

Hey guys. Long time no talk. So I came in here last year about what happened to my mother, and it finally caught up to her. This morning my mom passed away peacefully from complications. I started a GoFundMe campaign and I'm looking for some support being donations, or sharing my GoFundMe for my mom. If this post is not allowed in here I apologize, and you can remove it. I'm just lost right now. So I thought I would come here.

Here is the link to the GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/2gef5

Thanks guys! <3

Very sorry for your loss my friend. You have countless people hear how are happy to help where we can.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sundance is 6’4, fully tatted, and will sue you.

This thread has had a severe lack of memes and I'm happy to see this one. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

for people interested in 'new' forge maps for MLG heres a couple of links:

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/mlg-h3-forge-forum-map-pack.86047/

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/mlg-h3-forge-forum-map-pack-2.96107/

I'm sure theres a lot more out there. It just requires some searching I guess whenever tashi or whoever is in charge thinks it is appropriate to update the map pool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sundance is 6’4, fully tatted, and will sue you.

“I’m 6’4, fully tatted, and I will sue the fuck out you, boy!”

This thread has had a severe lack of memes and I'm happy to see this one. 

We need HaloInfiniteFollower to analyze Sunny D's tweets. I'll be disappointed if there are less than 5 red circles

• Upvote (+1) 2

We need HaloInfiniteFollower to analyze Sunny D's tweets. I'll be disappointed if there are less than 5 red circles

I'm still waiting to hear about the Didact-Composed Master Chief.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Oooo what is this? Im intrigued.

Are we back? Like for real? Or same old same old?

You'd never guess where i heard about this from lol. Had to stop by to check it out.

Oooo what is this? Im intrigued.

Are we back? Like for real? Or same old same old?

You'd never guess where i heard about this from lol. Had to stop by to check it out.

What we do here is go backbackbackback.

• Upvote (+1) 2

for people interested in 'new' forge maps for MLG heres a couple of links:

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/mlg-h3-forge-forum-map-pack.86047/

https://www.forgehub.com/threads/mlg-h3-forge-forum-map-pack-2.96107/

I'm sure theres a lot more out there. It just requires some searching I guess whenever tashi or whoever is in charge thinks it is appropriate to update the map pool.

FYI, Forge maps built in Halo 3 or Halo 4 are not accessible in MCC unless they're rebuilt entirely from scratch.  I haven't checked, but I doubt these maps have been remade in MCC.