FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, TheSimms said:

It was confirmed on the last 343 stream that the Slipspace engine isn’t as fully fresh built as we first presumed, it appears to have elements taken from older games so here’s hoping it’s not complete a spaghetti ball (i’d assume halo 5 elements).

I also saw around 30/35 job openings go up on the M$ website for 343 in Jan 2018 including MP designers and high end team/direction/technical leads, couple this with the Reddit leaker info (who generally has always been right) that suggested “2 games in development and one with a much bigger amount of player connections” and it raises 3 questions, was it pushed back, was the direction changed and is there another game in development to tide us over until a preview/beta.

Which isn't anything unusual, or bad. There's probably tons of reused code(again; not unusual nor bad) in the engine source. Reinventing the wheel just because is one of the worst things you can do.

I'm so ready, I'm literally the only one in the venue right now. Lmao

• Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Rolling into Championship Sunday like 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

1 hour ago, theslatcher said:

Which isn't anything unusual, or bad. There's probably tons of reused code(again; not unusual nor bad) in the engine source. Reinventing the wheel just because is one of the worst things you can do.

Atlas was literally just a reskinned Ark and potentially one of the worst things I've ever seen closely followed by MCC on launch, MCC i assume also potentially used old code/assets and that’s my worry.

Fingers crossed it’s a good execution, i’m excited either way because having an engine that they own/can tune on the fly - It means we won’t be waiting 16 months again for some one to turn down the magnetism on a sniper rifle (hopefully).

Don't worry about pro team. I sure they got this after what I low-key heard listening to tashis conversation with 343 guys about infinite...

Too bad I don't want to get sued so I'll keep what I heard to myself..

• WutFace (+0) 1

2 minutes ago, Humpflung said:

Don't worry about pro team. I sure they got this after what I low-key heard listening to tashis conversation with 343 guys about infinite...

We said the exact same thing in 2013. “Don’t worry, 343 gets it”.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone know what time the stream starts today? I tried to look in a couple different places but couldn’t find a time.

3 minutes ago, LimeSoda said:

Anyone know what time the stream starts today? I tried to look in a couple different places but couldn’t find a time.

Stream starts today at 11 AM Central/12 PM Eastern.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Humpflung said:

You could always make an alt and post without context..... Just saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunkyChickn said:

RIP Clutch.

For context

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1

can someone tell UGC to put increase the volume of the crowd mics? I can barely hear the crowd.

im starting to do the math on the amount of time in game vs out of game on stream. i'll post the results later tonight or tomorrow. ill also try to get the numbers from a mlg hosted event to compare.

• Like (+1) 1

REC goes up 2-0 against Elevate. 

EDIT: REC 3-0'd Elevate. 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Obliviscaris said:

Why isn't Str8 Rippin in this tournament?

Also why isn’t T2 casting? Pretty sure he worked at UGC about 5 minutes ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope this Elevate lineup stays together. All 3 of those games vs REC were close. Give them some time and they are going to be scary. 

• Upvote (+1) 1