CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Is TOX still sponsored by Team Beyond? Or if any of their other sponsors during H5 still sponsor them?

17 minutes ago, Hully said:

@GoldenboyFTWYou're a celebrity now, you can do better than Applebee's. 

This is Illinois; we can't do better than Applebee's

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 3

30 minutes ago, Proto said:

Insta-splodes/instasploding is a mechanic of the grenades in Halo 3 - which Walshy is attributed with finding/creating/implementing into gameplay. 

Instasploding involves throwing one grenade - almost always a plasma (can be done where a frag deflects a plasma), waiting a few seconds, then throwing a second plasma grenade near the first one. When the first one explodes, it sets off a reaction which will push the second grenade in a direction and cause it to explode as well.

Still wanna know how long it took for someone to throw two nades at the floor and see them explode in sequence to think it could maybe be pulled off in multiplayer.

Probs to my boy callous coaching denial out there. Heard they doing really good i didnt get a chance to watch today

• Like (+1) 1

EU out in top 12 3-0. 5-4 heretic, 50-47 narrows and 250-244 Construct. Sucks

Neptune just hit an Exterm against Desitic! Wish the Charlie stream had audio (but at least we have a Charlie stream).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Neptune just hit an Exterm against Desitic! Wish the Charlie stream had audio (but at least we have a Charlie stream).

They are on a pretty ridiculous Losers Bracket run  right now. 

Just now, Aski said:

BIG W 

This gives me a little bit of hope now..... :weback::lxthul:

• Fire (+1) 1

Today's CE stream was literally the best stream quality we've ever had for a CE event. Props to Skillshot, @Hard Way, Walshy, Gandhi and others for the great job.  

• Like (+1) 6

12 hours ago, L377UC3 said:

And people are being pissy about it in twitch chat. @VinnyMendoza wtf bro.

You're saying WTF about other people, right? Not me? Lol. I thought the overlay was great. Mantrain in there bitching about the "gameplay being cutoff" when it's just a smaller part of the overall screen... no gameplay is being lost at all. Looked pretty damn great on my 65 inch TV, he needs a bigger screen.

• Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

This is Illinois; we can't do better than Applebee's

holy shit you aren't even on the Missouri side of the river? they have good bbq there

3 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Did he actually just try to say people didn't know how projectiles worked in 2008-2010 lol.

Now tbf there are people who seemingly can't comprehend it but that's not like hidden game knowledge or something. The concept of leading or the physics behind it are more of just a general intelligence thing

Idk the context but im pretty sure most halo3 comp players dont understand how spread works. Many think no spread means hitscan lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, VinnyMendoza said:

You're saying WTF about other people, right? Not me? Lol. I thought the overlay was great. Mantrain in there bitching about the "gameplay being cutoff" when it's just a smaller part of the overall screen... no gameplay is being lost at all. Looked pretty damn great on my 65 inch TV, he needs a bigger screen.

I haven't thought about Mantrain in probably 10 years, holy crap. 

Halo 5 released in October of 2015, we can assume 343 Industries has been working on Halo Infinite at least from that point until now, so while Wes is certainly a fantastic hire, don't think he's in some sort of position to "save Halo," there's already been three  years of unbridled groundwork, just a friendly gut check that Halo Infinite has a rumored 2021 release date and the rumor mill currently claims it's doubling down on Halo 5. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

Just wanted to congratulate @Hard Way on his casting over this weekend in the H1 2v2 Classic.

You did a really, REALLY good job my man. Commentary was soothing, you let Ghandi speak and do his thing well and you complimented him and he did the same to you. I think you guys bonded rather well and are a power duo casting wise.

@Knighty Knight also did a good job! Was happy with your performance.

H1 stream so far has had the best quality which has been surprising. Super excited for H3 this Sunday though, got TOX to win it all after how dominating their series was against GMS.

Anyways, congratulations again Zach. Was a standout performance and an excellent showing on the big stage.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Fire (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, FrankTheShow said:

Halo 5 released in October of 2015, we can assume 343 Industries has been working on Halo Infinite at least from that point until now, so while Wes is certainly a fantastic hire, don't think he's in some sort of position to "save Halo," there's already been three  years of unbridled groundwork, just a friendly gut check that Halo Infinite has a rumored 2021 release date and the rumor mill currently claims it's doubling down on Halo 5. 

I think they have been working on the engine a lot instead of actually working on the game for the first two years. I don't think it will be nearly as advanced as H5 but I am not getting my hopes up 100%.

(Sorry for the double post LUL)

4 hours ago, Batchford said:

I think they have been working on the engine a lot instead of actually working on the game for the first two years.

It was confirmed on the last 343 stream that the Slipspace engine isn’t as fully fresh built as we first presumed, it appears to have elements taken from older games so here’s hoping it’s not complete a spaghetti ball (i’d assume halo 5 elements).

I also saw around 30/35 job openings go up on the M$ website for 343 in Jan 2018 including MP designers and high end team/direction/technical leads, couple this with the Reddit leaker info (who generally has always been right) that suggested “2 games in development and one with a much bigger amount of player connections” and it raises 3 questions, was it pushed back, was the direction changed and is there another game in development to tide us over until a preview/beta.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FrankTheShow said:

Dev time isnt the problem. It took 2 changes to make reach playable. Aim assist, bullet mag, strafe accel, movement, jump, weapons, armor abilities are all shit that can be changed on a whim and are what makes or breaks a good halo game. Could also just release a map editor like ce has in case ur worried about maps. 

Do i think clutch can save halo? No lol. When frankie retires then maybe. 

• Like (+1) 3