CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Trespa5s said:

J0wnz downing beer mid series.  What a legend. 

Chad Halo player downs beer, Virgin Halo player downs adderall.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Batchford said:

Fantasy just went sicko mode

I was under the impression Fantasy wasn't going at the end of last week. Assuming this means he showed up. I have said for years that dude is so underrated.

24 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

J0wnz downing beer mid series.  What a legend. 

*Edit:*

The body conditioning of a true champion eSports cyber athlete.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Chad Halo player downs beer, Virgin Halo player downs adderall.

Are you implying hes not on adderall

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Are you implying hes not on adderall

Well, if he is, then he's an average Halo player, I guess.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, Is this not the most perfect out-BR of them all?

• WutFace (+0) 1

Did he actually just try to say people didn't know how projectiles worked in 2008-2010 lol.

Now tbf there are people who seemingly can't comprehend it but that's not like hidden game knowledge or something. The concept of leading or the physics behind it are more of just a general intelligence thing

damn denial is really giving it to SQ right now. at this rate Patrick may get enough prize money to get his cryptocoins off the ground

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Is that the first successful Runway flag run we've ever seen in Pit CTF?

Looks like Denial is more than just Shele's onlnie connection.

26 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Did he actually just try to say people didn't know how projectiles worked in 2008-2010 lol.

Now tbf there are people who seemingly can't comprehend it but that's not like hidden game knowledge or something. The concept of leading or the physics behind it are more of just a general intelligence thing

I think that’s more or less what we were referencing but I didn’t relay that correctly. So that’s my bad.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

I think that’s more or less what we were referencing but I didn’t relay that correctly. So that’s my bad.

Okay lol it wasn't that bad it just came out at first a little awkward. At first I was like wut but then I realized some of the second bit of my post was maybe the intended message 

Leading shots to a competitive player is well known knowledge - but we were all at a point where we didn't know that mechanic of the game, and soon learned it. Even if that bit of information helps 2 people watching the stream who maybe didn't play Halo 3, then it's useful for the discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

wait, I thought Fantasy couldn't make it?  (Or Gab?)  Looks like GMS is playing as the full roster

Can someone explain the insta splodes thing Walshy keeps referencing?

• Toxic (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tw1g said:

Can someone explain the insta splodes thing Walshy keeps referencing?

Insta-splodes/instasploding is a mechanic of the grenades in Halo 3 - which Walshy is attributed with finding/creating/implementing into gameplay. 

Instasploding involves throwing one grenade - almost always a plasma (can be done where a frag deflects a plasma), waiting a few seconds, then throwing a second plasma grenade near the first one. When the first one explodes, it sets off a reaction which will push the second grenade in a direction and cause it to explode as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Proto said:

Insta-splodes/instasploding is a mechanic of the plasma grenades in Halo 3 - which Walshy is attributed with finding/creating/implementing into gameplay. 

Instasploding involves throwing one plasma grenade, waiting a few seconds, then throwing a second plasma grenade near the first one. When the first one explodes, it sets off a reaction which will push the second grenade in a direction and cause it to explode as well.

Oh I knew the mechanics of it, I didn't know he was linked to it like that. Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 1

normally I'm not the kind of guy to say that a player is clearly on Addy, but Faisal is clearly on Addy