CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

What the hell just happened? TOX dropped a Construct TS to AM's. 

1 minute ago, Hully said:

What the hell just happened? TOX dropped a Construct TS to AM's. 

I mean, it's not like Nigthawks (Omega, Posey, Porky, Jesse) are randoms, they're pretty good and they're somewhat known and not coming out of nowhere.

Anyone notice they switch screens as soon as it lags?

Speaking of which - poor fucking Nighthawks. 44 - 15 and they have to replay it for technical difficulties.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Noodle said:

I mean, it's not like Nigthawks (Omega, Posey, Porky, Jesse) are randoms, they're pretty good and they're somewhat known and not coming out of nowhere.

I don't follow things as closely as I used to. I've personally never heard of these guys, which is why I just referred to them as AM's, not necessarily randoms. I'm more concerned who these casters are. I feel like Gabe from The Office is calling this match.

• Simms (+1) 1

1 minute ago, L377UC3 said:

Speaking of which - poor fucking Nighthawks. 44 - 15 and they have to replay it for technical difficulties.

Yeah that sucks for them.
They're definitely impressing me so far.

11 minutes ago, BanditOH said:

Anyone come up with a list of confirmed rosters.

4 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Here you go baby cakes.
Just click on the teams to show the roster.

https://www.ugcesports.gg/tournament/b485e105-a47a-4631-8b33-0c46976aa38d/teams

Note though that (a) you can scroll over the player icons on the right side and check the URL preview to see each player on the roster without having to open up a roster page and (b) that this is not a complete list (missing Wrath and Nighthawks at least).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chat calling Eco an H5 kid and arguing whether APG was ever good at H3.

Never change, toxic Halo community, never change :Toxic:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Frostbite XV2 said:

Chat calling Eco an H5 kid and arguing whether APG was ever good at H3.

Never change, toxic Halo community, never change :Toxic:

That was me calling Eco an H5 kid. I'll own it. I started that conversation smh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 minute ago, L377UC3 said:

That was me calling Eco an H5 kid. I'll own it. I started that conversation smh.

Image result for cringe gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Not really sure why my post got deleted, yet the one from some guy calling me "toxic" for no reason gets to stay. Not really a good look, but ok.

Enjoying the tourney so far.

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Watching Halo 3 in 2018 doesn't even feel weird. It just looks like proper Halo.

This. 

Halo is enjoyable. Halo when it’s trying to be other games is not enjoyable to watch. Halo 1-3 were all different from each other but was still Halo. 

I see what 343 is doing with supporting this grass roots movement. Or I hope it’s what I think they are doing in regards to the future of halo games. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

Halo is enjoyable. Halo when it’s trying to be other games is not enjoyable to watch. Halo 1-3 were all different from each other but was still Halo. 

I see what 343 is doing with supporting this grass roots movement. Or I hope it’s what I think they are doing in regards to the future of halo games. 

We play this game every damn few years, but this time around I'm hoping that Microsoft has seen how explosively successful Sony has been by investing almost all of their creative capital into first-party titles - hence acquiring Ninja Theory and fostering this Grassroots scene.

Then again, you can also probably argue this has been their strategy since 2014 and they've just been substantially more shit at it than PS4.

Not sure if anyone posted this but play the video.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, L377UC3 said:

We play this game every damn few years, but this time around I'm hoping that Microsoft has seen how explosively successful Sony has been by investing almost all of their creative capital into first-party titles - hence acquiring Ninja Theory and fostering this Grassroots scene.

Then again, you can also probably argue this has been their strategy since 2014 and they've just been substantially more shit at it than PS4.

Everyone wants premier first party titles. I just think MS was slow on the uptick when it came to getting games out. Sea of Thieves took forever and it had barely any content, Gears 4 was solid but it’s an older brand (Same for Halo) and any new IP just didn’t get much traction or never released. I’m hoping this new investment in first party works out and they allow their flagship games to retain their glory and potentially build some new FPS IP’s to experiment with. Either way it’s a good time to be a gamer because we have to be in for some AAA games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Not sure if anyone posted this but play the video.

Is that AGL Brad???

• Thonking (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Yeah

Yikes.
I thought he was still in hiding? Did he ever pay everybody back?
Last I remember was Gandi's rant and the fact he's a meme around these parts...

2 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Yikes.
I thought he was still in hiding? Did he ever pay everybody back?
Last I remember was Gandi's rant and the fact he's a meme around these parts...

Don’t they both work at HiRez now?

8 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Don’t they both work at HiRez now?

:wutface:

I know Gandi does, but this is the first I've heard of Brad in many moons.

Definitely possible I'm just out of the loop.  

EDIT: upon further investigation, this is in the Skillshot bio "A community-driven esports production company and subsidiary of @HiRezStudios."

:wutface:

3 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Wait, hold up.

Are we saying both P5 and AGL Brad are running the production here?

200.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 4