Jump to content
CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

What the hell just happened? TOX dropped a Construct TS to AM's. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hully said:

What the hell just happened? TOX dropped a Construct TS to AM's. 

I mean, it's not like Nigthawks (Omega, Posey, Porky, Jesse) are randoms, they're pretty good and they're somewhat known and not coming out of nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone notice they switch screens as soon as it lags?

Share this post


Link to post

Speaking of which - poor fucking Nighthawks. 44 - 15 and they have to replay it for technical difficulties.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Noodle said:

I mean, it's not like Nigthawks (Omega, Posey, Porky, Jesse) are randoms, they're pretty good and they're somewhat known and not coming out of nowhere.

I don't follow things as closely as I used to. I've personally never heard of these guys, which is why I just referred to them as AM's, not necessarily randoms. I'm more concerned who these casters are. I feel like Gabe from The Office is calling this match.

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, L377UC3 said:

Speaking of which - poor fucking Nighthawks. 44 - 15 and they have to replay it for technical difficulties.

Yeah that sucks for them.
They're definitely impressing me so far.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, BanditOH said:

Anyone come up with a list of confirmed rosters.

 

4 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Here you go baby cakes.
Just click on the teams to show the roster.

https://www.ugcesports.gg/tournament/b485e105-a47a-4631-8b33-0c46976aa38d/teams

Note though that (a) you can scroll over the player icons on the right side and check the URL preview to see each player on the roster without having to open up a roster page and (b) that this is not a complete list (missing Wrath and Nighthawks at least).

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Chat calling Eco an H5 kid and arguing whether APG was ever good at H3.

Never change, toxic Halo community, never change :Toxic:

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Frostbite XV2 said:

Chat calling Eco an H5 kid and arguing whether APG was ever good at H3.

Never change, toxic Halo community, never change :Toxic:

That was me calling Eco an H5 kid. I'll own it. I started that conversation smh.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 4
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, L377UC3 said:

That was me calling Eco an H5 kid. I'll own it. I started that conversation smh.

Image result for cringe gif

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not really sure why my post got deleted, yet the one from some guy calling me "toxic" for no reason gets to stay. Not really a good look, but ok.

Enjoying the tourney so far.

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Watching Halo 3 in 2018 doesn't even feel weird. It just looks like proper Halo.

This. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Halo is enjoyable. Halo when it’s trying to be other games is not enjoyable to watch. Halo 1-3 were all different from each other but was still Halo. 

I see what 343 is doing with supporting this grass roots movement. Or I hope it’s what I think they are doing in regards to the future of halo games. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

Halo is enjoyable. Halo when it’s trying to be other games is not enjoyable to watch. Halo 1-3 were all different from each other but was still Halo. 

I see what 343 is doing with supporting this grass roots movement. Or I hope it’s what I think they are doing in regards to the future of halo games. 

We play this game every damn few years, but this time around I'm hoping that Microsoft has seen how explosively successful Sony has been by investing almost all of their creative capital into first-party titles - hence acquiring Ninja Theory and fostering this Grassroots scene.

Then again, you can also probably argue this has been their strategy since 2014 and they've just been substantially more shit at it than PS4.

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure if anyone posted this but play the video.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, L377UC3 said:

We play this game every damn few years, but this time around I'm hoping that Microsoft has seen how explosively successful Sony has been by investing almost all of their creative capital into first-party titles - hence acquiring Ninja Theory and fostering this Grassroots scene.

Then again, you can also probably argue this has been their strategy since 2014 and they've just been substantially more shit at it than PS4.

Everyone wants premier first party titles. I just think MS was slow on the uptick when it came to getting games out. Sea of Thieves took forever and it had barely any content, Gears 4 was solid but it’s an older brand (Same for Halo) and any new IP just didn’t get much traction or never released. I’m hoping this new investment in first party works out and they allow their flagship games to retain their glory and potentially build some new FPS IP’s to experiment with. Either way it’s a good time to be a gamer because we have to be in for some AAA games. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Not sure if anyone posted this but play the video.

 

 

Is that AGL Brad???

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Yeah

Yikes.
I thought he was still in hiding? Did he ever pay everybody back?
Last I remember was Gandi's rant and the fact he's a meme around these parts...
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, thefro3po said:

Yikes.
I thought he was still in hiding? Did he ever pay everybody back?
Last I remember was Gandi's rant and the fact he's a meme around these parts...
 

 

Don’t they both work at HiRez now?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Don’t they both work at HiRez now?

:wutface:

I know Gandi does, but this is the first I've heard of Brad in many moons.

Definitely possible I'm just out of the loop.  

EDIT: upon further investigation, this is in the Skillshot bio "A community-driven esports production company and subsidiary of @HiRezStudios."

:wutface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TheSimms said:

Wait, hold up.

Are we saying both P5 and AGL Brad are running the production here?

200.gif

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.