CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, MrKrabs said:

This is a great example of how simplicity is better. In the old days pros would just change the username of the offline Xbox account when they sat down. 

It’s something I will never make sense of. Was there a hacking issue we don’t know about or was it something else that led to this change when the XB1 came out. I really hope we eventually get back to simplicity with our consoles.

2 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

I really hope we eventually get back to simplicity with our consoles.

I'd be shocked if Microsoft brought back any of their fucking design features from Xb1. Bad press in 2013 cost them 2 years of redesign and untold millions in lost revenue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Evening.

I've got the worst flu, just woke back up with a coughing fit from a nap that was meant to coincide with the start of the event. I'm about 7 hours late but fuck it hey guys.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

It’s something I will never make sense of. Was there a hacking issue we don’t know about or was it something else that led to this change when the XB1 came out. I really hope we eventually get back to simplicity with our consoles.

XB1 was originally designed to be always online, or at least nearly always online.. so I guess they saw no need for an offline account. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

Many of the Xbox ones features were built around the always online ideas they had when it was first announced and then scrapped due to outrage. Unfortunately they just decided to not change any of the stuff that got screwed up.

The original Xbox one was basically designed to break as soon it was disconnected from the internet because Microsoft was trying to keep all sales within it's own store and controlled by them ala Steam.

yeah people seem to forget how trash the xb1 is. Microsofts acquisition of a bunch of developers might suggest that they're gonna try and U-turn next gen so hopefully come halo infinite we won't have to deal with "OpenHCS60" or whatever.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Zavehi said:

Many of the Xbox ones features were built around the always online ideas they had when it was first announced and then scrapped due to outrage. Unfortunately they just decided to not change any of the stuff that got screwed up.

The original Xbox one was basically designed to break as soon it was disconnected from the internet because Microsoft was trying to keep all sales within it's own store and controlled by them ala Steam.

There was a 24 hour grace period between license checks, so it wouldn't break as soon as a disconnection from the service occurred. 

The family/friends game library would of been a pretty cool feature especially with how popular gamesharing has become.. given how much easier it is to do this generation, compared to the previous. 

3 minutes ago, Hxrshly said:

yeah people seem to forget how trash the xb1 is. Microsofts acquisition of a bunch of developers might suggest that they're gonna try and U-turn next gen so hopefully come halo infinite we won't have to deal with "OpenHCS60" or whatever.

I'm looking forward to the next-gen Xbox, yeah. Acquiring Ninja Theory makes me think they're copying Sony's strat of dumping a pretentious amount of shit into their exclusives. Good sign for Halo.

I'm now having flashbacks to the Xbox One announcement and this fucking guy. 

5ikglJQ.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 hours ago, valaea said:

viewership is pretty close to 2018 H5, not bad ... I'd hoped for a tiny bit more but we'll see

Yeah I mean it's day 1 so mostly ams playing ams and pros pooping on ams. More people will tune in to see the real games tomorrow I suspect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Watching Halo 3 in 2018 doesn't even feel weird. It just looks like proper Halo.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Just now, L377UC3 said:

Is the main stream down for anyone else?

Stream ended on the main stream. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

Yeah, is it ended or just down?

EDIT: Ended. This is what I get for flipping back and forth between hockey and Halo.

1 minute ago, L377UC3 said:

They're done for the day, back tomorrow at 10am CST. I think there's one last match (Tox v Nighthawks) on the bravo stream though.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NAK said:

Stream ended on the main stream. 

That was pretty abrupt and unceremonious.

• Like (+1) 1

As the biggest Mason fanboy on earth I have to say it's pretty amazing seeing him say hilarious shit on stage again :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why don't they just put the Bravo stream on the main channel? Especially wit TOX about to play.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, GoldenboyFTW said:

I can ask but I believe you can only hold 32 accounts on one Xbox so perhaps that’s the concern since we had no idea who will be playing and what location they’ll be playing in. If it was group play then you’d see gamertags. That’s my educated guess 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Is it possible to, at the start of the series when introducing the players, list out (best with a graphic but verbally is fine) which account number each player is playing on? Or are they are all the setups numbers so whichever player is leftmost is UGC Red One, the next is UGC Red Two, etc.?

If we just get delivered the information I can write it down to keep track so I know who's who in the kill feed. Not ideal at all, but I've done it before and it helps my viewing experience a bit. With Halo 5 it was a lot easier to tell who was who by the player tags above their heads, not as easy with H3 MCC so as a viewers become even more reliant on being told this info.

If I'm watching the tournament Saturday night or Sunday I'll make sure to post out who is who if generic tags are being used still. I don't know if it helps anyone else but once I did it for a HCS tournament and Goldenboy read the info out on stream, so I'll try to do it if I can in case others find it useful.

What we really need though is Microsoft to allow Xbox One owner to easily make offline accounts as easily as Xbox 360 so this isn't an issue. 

2 minutes ago, JORGE said:

Our next match is vs sQ tomorrow morning lol. Wish us luck. 

It was nice knowing you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That last FFA match for tonight was more intense than all the main stream matches today.  Looking forward to tomorrow with pro v pro matches and the CE 2v2 (of course I have an exam right when stuff starts but at least I'm home for the finish). 

• Upvote (+1) 2