CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Joseph said:

I guess I’m also confused because they were getting messages in game. Are they using Xbox live profiles? 

They must be for some reason. Not sure why. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

why does the FFA stream look SOOO MUCH better?

viewership is pretty close to 2018 H5, not bad ... I'd hoped for a tiny bit more but we'll see

Generic tags and terrible audio are really hurting this for me. I just don’t understand the ineptitude in regard to basic stuff.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone know what happened to the crowdfunding from merch sales for this? I bought a shirt to support but haven’t seen anything.

UGC’s last event was a shitshow is anybody really surprised there shitting the bed again this is what happens when you let amateur hour TO’s run events.

• Downvote (-1) 2

9 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Where can I see the CE stream?

Doesn't start until tomorrow, I believe it's on Delta stream. 

1 hour ago, FrankTheShow said:

St louis county is a much better place and even with them bringing down the avg, st  louis is always ranked top 1-2 for violent crime per people. The other being detroit. 

You could fix the Gamertag problem by changing these generic gt's from fucking "UGC Blue 69/420 the IXth" to "B4", "R1", "B2" - then putting those two characters in the player-cam so we can put together who is who. Maybe have casters run down the roster at the start of the matchup so everybody knows as well. Keeping track of 400 gt's would probably be a bit much even for mlg at times, let alone this...production.

55 minutes ago, valaea said:

this guy lol

Them: Is Neighbor still your favorite Halo 3 player?

Me:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5

@GoldenboyFTW Seriously, what is the story about Gamer tags? The whole twitch chat is being about as bad as you'd expect about it. No judgement - it seems pretty efficient to have generic tags for 400 fucking players, I'm just curious.

1 minute ago, L377UC3 said:

@GoldenboyFTW Seriously, what is the story about Gamer tags? The whole twitch chat is being about as bad as you'd expect about it. No judgement - it makes sense to have generic tags for 400 fucking players, I'm just curious.

I can ask but I believe you can only hold 32 accounts on one Xbox so perhaps that’s the concern since we had no idea who will be playing and what location they’ll be playing in. If it was group play then you’d see gamertags. That’s my educated guess 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Just now, GoldenboyFTW said:

I can ask but I believe you can only hold 32 accounts on one Xbox so perhaps that’s the concern since we had no idea who will be playing and what location they’ll be playing in. If it was group play then you’d see gamertags. That’s my educated guess 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Thanks bro. 400 people is herculean so cut corners where you can, makes sense. Only side effect is that it makes games slightly harder to follow.

This is a great example of how simplicity is better. In the old days pros would just change the username of the offline Xbox account when they sat down. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

9 minutes ago, MrKrabs said:

This is a great example of how simplicity is better. In the old days pros would just change the username of the offline Xbox account when they sat down. 

That would make too much sense in 2019 though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Kind of funny that the main stage has no GTs but the side stations do. This is halo.