FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

If you turn up the volume to hear the audio at the desk or of the casters, your ear drums get blown out when they switch to another mic. If you keep the volume down at a normal level to prevent going deaf from the spikes, it's a whisper at best. Can whoever is at the venue pleeeeeease smarten them up to the fact that right now you either can't hear anything or you can't hear anything? 

I wonder how many cables were run or how shoestring the budget was. 

Still issues? I had to run out, but I saw they were working on resolving a few hours ago?

They gotta change those gamertags asap. Who's idea was that? Haha

These generic gamer tags ruin it for me. Such a huge part of watching Halo that everyone seems to neglect. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, TheSimms said:

In the words of Dan Ayoub, ''Exactly as you remember it'.

He couldn't see this post with these hater blockers on :fire:

678a8edf10948825efc35b3f9f21cc17.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

I've literally never watched a pro Halo cast before - lots of vods, never live. I take it this isn't par for the course?

Just now, L377UC3 said:

I've literally never watched a pro Halo cast before - lots of vods, never live. I take it this isn't par for the course?

This was par for the course until they got their shit together but this is about the quality I would have expected from the grassroots events. 

Just now, FrankTheShow said:

This was par for the course until they got their shit together but this is about the quality I would have expected from the grassroots events. 

That's encouraging. Right now this is a tad embarrassing.

6 hours ago, theslatcher said:

If that's why he wasn't going, then he doesn't sound too confident in his squad.

He's really confident in GMS! Just spoke to em

14 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

That's encouraging. Right now this is a tad embarrassing.

And UGC has been around for a while, not sure what's happening here.  Audio levels is BASIC stuff.  I get not adjusting it mid-game, but there have been plenty of breaks for them to tweak it.  

TOX vs Globogym, this could go either way. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

And UGC has been around for a while, not sure what's happening here.  Audio levels is BASIC stuff.  I get not adjusting it mid-game, but there have been plenty of breaks for them to tweak it.  

I get the feeling there's been some catastrophic tech failure behind the scenes. I've been there, but never in front of 3k people and a whole bunch of publicity for an event. @HCS Audio Guy has to be working his ass off rn.

Any reason why players can’t use their actual names in game? So hard to follow the killfeed with the current setup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Joseph said:

Any reason why players can’t use their actual names in game? So hard to follow the killfeed with the current setup.

Most likely time/the work required but they're working on it.  

Again, something that should have been dealt with before it began. 

Just now, Trespa5s said:

Most likely time/the work required but they're working on it.  

Again, something that should have been dealt with before it began. 

So it is possible? My first thought was maybe it just had something to do with the LAN/XBL profile setup or something? 

Unless I'm mistaken the average viewership for this has actually been slightly than the Friday h5 events lol

1 minute ago, Joseph said:

So it is possible? My first thought was maybe it just had something to do with the LAN/XBL profile setup or something? 

Since it's LAN it doesn't need XBL capability.

It's absolutely possible to create a bunch of "offline" profiles, it would just take some time to do it.  Once you get them all created it's just a matter of copying them to a flash/HD and transferring them to each of the boxes. 

Just now, Trespa5s said:

Since it's LAN it doesn't need XBL capability.

It's absolutely possible to create a bunch of "offline" profiles, it would just take some time to do it.  Once you get them all created it's just a matter of copying them to a flash/HD and transferring them to each of the boxes. 

I guess I’m also confused because they were getting messages in game. Are they using Xbox live profiles? 

Just now, Joseph said:

I guess I’m also confused because they were getting messages in game. Are they using Xbox live profiles? 

They don't even know if the mics are on or if the music is off I don't think they even know if they're using Xbox Live profiles or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 1