CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

Gameplay is glitching and a giant black bar on screen for anyone else?

edit: black bar fixed I think

Just now, Joseph said:

Gameplay is glitching and a giant black bar on screen for anyone else?

It's not just you.

FFS. 

Why is it that UGC a company with way less resources can have a B stream that has CASTERS commentating gameplay but official HCS events couldn’t?

@Tashi Please fix this for whenever the next HCS season is no reason why we shouldn’t have side streams casted.

Looks like they used today to test out their stream lol. Everything seems to be better now so hopefully when it gets into good matches sat night into sunday it doesnt go to shit again.

Players getting messages and Friend Requests from the GT "iAmGay4Evadur" during the match. :walshy:

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Getting XBL messages on stream in 2019. We're CoD4 NATS now boys. 

• Fire (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

Why is it that UGC a company with way less resources can have a B stream that has CASTERS commentating gameplay but official HCS events couldn’t?

@Tashi Please fix this for whenever the next HCS season is no reason why we shouldn’t have side streams casted.

Tashi is too busy manually banning accounts that are able to message people on LAN. 

• Simms (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 2

Tuned into to see people standing still on heretic. Good to be back.

Props to the guy changing the aspect ratio every minute or two. You the real mvp

1 hour ago, FireAtWill said:

I have been of the grid for some time...but are Mikwen going to start working at 343? If so...amazing news.

1 hour ago, theslatcher said:

Isn't the company Walshy works at in Seattle too? Also Bungie.

The Halo Community Update that came out yesterday mentioned the forming of a new Halo Pro Team, so I would say it seems likely that Mikwen is taking a position at 343.

• Upvote (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Noodle said:

The Halo Community Update that came out yesterday mentioned the forming of a new Halo Pro Team, so I would say it seems likely that Mikwen is taking a position at 343.

:-)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

this audio is awful. I cant hear goldenboy yet walshy is so loud it hurts my ears. good first series though

1 minute ago, Craneteam said:

this audio is awful. I cant hear goldenboy yet walshy is so loud it hurts my ears. good first series though

At the start Goldenboy's volume was the one being OP.

One more thing... is there a particular reason they're using "UGC Red" and "UGC Blue" tags?  I missed the first part of the stream :( 

Just now, Trespa5s said:

One more thing... is there a particular reason they're using "UGC Red" and "UGC Blue" tags?  I missed the first part of the stream :( 

Setup time, I guess.

Also, I like that a highlight is a failed instasplode followed by a standard kill.

1 minute ago, theslatcher said:

Setup time, I guess.

Fair to a point, but once rosters locked they should have have made profiles for all the players, and then it's just a copy/paste thing.  Even if you only do it for the "stream" stations, it makes stuff SO much easier to follow than just having generic tags. 

3 minutes ago, theslatcher said:

Also, I like that a highlight is a failed instasplode followed by a standard kill.

I'll take organic highlights from the even over the same 10-12 highlights they played for the entirety of H5. 

2 minutes ago, Craneteam said:

I see we still have the strip club lighting for the desk

dCmxF6p.png

Are you watching through mixer? Because those are not the colors I'm getting on twitch.

6 minutes ago, Trespa5s said:

I imagine following callouts for specific one shot players would be annoying af.

• Like (+1) 2

Joe Fries and Legion casting now. Perfect. 

• Like (+1) 1