CyReN

Classic Halo Esports and HCS Grassroots 2019 Discussion Thread

17 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Other than the team from WB has to lost twice compared to the once by the team from the LB 

17 hours ago, Trespa5s said:

Except if it's double elim, the advantage is that the LB team has to beat them twice while the WB team only has to win 1 series. 

Yes to both of these and when that's the case I'm fine with it. I'm more opposed to the X-Games(halo) or TI style where the finals is a single series where the team that advanced from the WB has no advantage.

An analysis was done in smash and the player from winners bracket won 79% of the time. Thats a statistical advantage. 

Also winners get an advantage. You have to play MORE matches in losers. Thats more of a chance to lose. Thats winners advantage. 

Also if you didnt meet, i believe you started 0-2? The loser team could win be better than winners team at 6/11 maps and end up losing depending on the rng of gametypes chosen. 

Tho i do agree that map/gametypes shouldnt be set in a bo11/7. There should be a veto and counterpick system like smash. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFloyd said:

Yes to both of these and when that's the case I'm fine with it. I'm more opposed to the X-Games(halo) or TI style where the finals is a single series where the team that advanced from the WB has no advantage.

Ahhh OK, that makes more sense.  For that type of a situation then I agree on continuation, but for the vast majority of esports nowadays double-elim is the traditional style where you have to beat the WB team twice. 

We are getting ever closer. The excitement is building. It's almost time...to play the game. 

afde714be5004e0e08deeadba4715019.png

Let's. Go. Quo. @Neighbor

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Landonio said:

I mean, thanks, but I'm saying they should be in the first post. It's said "coming soon" for months now. How would I or anyone else even find that link.

If there was easy access to the full, confirmed rosters, we would update the OP.  But honestly, there's no reason to spend the time to track down every team name, player, and qualifier rankings when they were changing so rapidly over the last couple months.

If you want to take the time to put together the roster lists and rankings, feel free to do so and I'll update the OP with the information. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Landonio said:

I mean, thanks, but I'm saying they should be in the first post. It's said "coming soon" for months now. How would I or anyone else even find that link.

There won’t be an accurate list of rosters/teams until check in. I guarantee that there are some of those rosters on that list that will have last minute changes due to shade/people no showing. Relax your toxic levels a little bit. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Wait a minute, it's T minus 1 day until the biggest Halo LAN in years...where's @Jakerdot ?!?

• Thonking (+0) 7

2 hours ago, Mentalityy_TLC said:

There won’t be an accurate list of rosters/teams until check in. I guarantee that there are some of those rosters on that list that will have last minute changes due to shade/people no showing. Relax your toxic levels a little bit. 

this is par for the course in amateur team esports. the top seeds who i'm confident won't change last minute..

1. tox - lethul, snakebite, apg, eco
2. status quo - flamesword, ace, assault, neighbor
3. denial - aries, str8 sick, shele, commonly
4. golden modem squad - fantazy, gabriel, zurka, goofy
5. reciprocity - snipedown, pistola, roy, lunchbox

• Upvote (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

this is par for the course in amateur team esports. the top seeds who i'm confident won't change last minute..

1. tox - lethul, snakebite, apg, eco
2. status quo - flamesword, ace, assault, neighbor
3. denial - aries, str8 sick, shele, commonly
4. golden modem squad - fantazy, gabriel, zurka, goofy
5. reciprocity - snipedown, pistola, roy, lunchbox

To the best of my knowledge, Fantasy isn’t going.

I've updated the first post with the new events announced, I'll try and add rosters once they start to settle down and we have a clear list.

-------------

Safe travels to those traveling to UGC!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

last episode before st louis, the first clip I swear to god is the funniest shit ever

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 2

The venue is sick. Won't post pics but it's a big setup my dudes. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Just arrived at the venue. It’s legit, boys. I can’t wait for this.

Did I mention I’m casting H1 with Walshy and Ghandi? <3

Wait, where you at? Need to meet the beyond fam. I'm Daisy chaining the setups

Safe travels to any and all heading out to UGC. 

Just wanted to post a quick PSA as the soft, sentimental young man that I have become - everyone enjoy this weekend. Enjoy it to the absolute fullest.

If someone had told me that there would be Halo 3 tournaments in 2019, I would have never believed you. The motivation I have had to watch and follow Halo again has made me feel like a kid again - a feeling which I never thought would resurface.

These are times we may never get back again. Enjoy every second of it. Meet new people and create new friendships - or meet people from the forums and bring that friendship to a new level. Sit back and enjoy the gameplay - go bananas for the big plays. Be proud of the moment and take it all in.

Let's have a god damn weekend everyone. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2